Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rebecca's 1st Trip Day 11 Universal Studios

4th June 2009

The Jones Family

Me - Sally 43 Loves Disney
DH - Nigel 46 Likes Disney not as mad on it as me
DD - Rebecca 8 Loves Disney Princesses

We got up at 0730 this morning showered and dressed and got in the car to drive to IHOP on International Drive for breakfast. I had the Pancake and Bacon Platter with Orange Juice and Coffee, Nigel had the Pancake and Sausage Platter with Coffee and Rebecca had Five Dollar Pancakes with Bacon which she doesn't like so we shared it and an Apple Juice. Gosh that was such a filling breakfast didn't get the receipt back after we paid but I think it was about $30.00.

We left IHOP and headed to Universal Studios as we were all desperate to do the Simpsons Ride. We paid our $12.00 parking fee obviously as we've been using the busses back and fore to Disney this was quite alot to park the car but the parking there is good all undercover in a multistory car park. We got to the Park at 10am and we were suprised to see how empty the park was.

We headed straight for the Simpsons Ride and lined up the queue wasn't to bad we got to the front of the queue and Rebecca started stressing that this was a rollercoaster and she wouldn't do it now she had been looking forward to this ride so we tried to explain to her it wasn't a rollercoaster and that it was abit like star tours in Hollywood Studios but she was having non of it and then a Cast Member came and talked to Rebecca and said that there was nothing to worry about watch the film and then decide so we watched the film and she still wasn't happy so the Cast Member took Rebecca through to show her the cart that you sit in and tried her best to explain it to Rebecca but still she said NO. So we did a child swop and Nigel went on, on his own, whilst he was on the ride the Cast Member disappeared and came back with six express pass tickets for me and Nigel to do other rides that Rebecca wouldn't do wasn't that so kind of her. By now Nigel had come off the ride and said it was awsome so it was now my time so I went in and my god what a ride it really is awsome but with hindsight knowing what Rebecca is like I'm not sure she would have enjoyed it so she made the right choice.

When we came of the ride we headed to the Kwik E Mart and Bart and Lisa were there Rebecca was so happy this soon cheered her up as she thought she'd let us down did tell her she'd made the right choice.

Rebecca got them to sign her autograph book as she'd remembered it today Bart wrote you smell in it so she was not amused that's why she's pointing her thumb down.

We went to meet the characters from Madagascar Rebecca loves this film and it currently constantly listening to Madagascar 2 on CD she had it free with a newspaper and loves it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then we headed over to do ET and did this it is such a lame ride probably why there was no queue but that's another one done. We headed over to do Shrek 4D there was a queue for this and Rebecca was enjoying watching the TV's in the queueing area. What a good film we all enjoyed this and the fact that the seats also move just adds to it.

Nigel went on Twister on his own as Rebecca didn't fancy it so we waited outside with a drink, when Nigel came out he said it was rubbish so I decided not to bother.

We headed over to the Revenge of the Mummy we knew that Rebecca wouldn't do this so I went first on my own it was a good ride but quite scary especially as it's mostly in the dark and you can really feel the heat from the flames. I didn't tell Nigel what to expect so I think he was quite suprised how intense it was.

The Arcade next to the Mummy shop

We met the Whole Simpson's family so Rebecca got her photo taken with them.

The we met Woody Woodpecker and a female Woodpecker not sure of her name.

And then Curious George

We decided to go for dinner so we headed to Mel's Drive In I had a Cheese Burger and Fries Nigel had a Bacon Cheesburger and Fries and Rebecca had Chicken Nuggets and Fries we had a Large Orange to share total cost $25.75 not one of the better meals we've had I don't think the standard of the food at Universal is any where near as good as the food at Disney.

After lunch we headed to Men in Black as Nigel really wanted to do this again Rebecca didn't want to do it so he went on his own, we looked around the shop. When he came of the ride he said it was good bit it really spun you alot and perhaps he shouldn't have done it straight after dinner, so I didn't bother as I was still quite full.

We went over to do Jaws but it was closed as there was a storm coming and there was lightning expected.

Continued Below
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
So we turned around and headed to the Simpsons again Nigel wanted another go.

While we were waiting for Nigel to fininsh on the ride I took a few photos of Rebecca.

This phone actually rings and each time you answer it, it is a different Simpsons character Rebecca loved it and played with it for ages and she was showing all the other kids to answer the phone.

And then Marg and Homer came out so she got her photo taken with them again.

When Nigel came of the Ride it had started to rain so I didn't bother doing it a second time we headed for the exit it was 3pm so we'd had a good day there.

Rebecca with the Universal Studios Globe

We started to run now as the rain was really getting heavy and we didn't have any ponchos.

Just look at that rain, we ran over to the walk way to the car park and got to the car. The rain was really heavy Nigel said it was awful to drive in.

We headed back to the Hotel. When we got back to the Hotel we did do a bit of packing and then showered and changed.

Mousekeeping Frida and Bolt reading our Anniversary card from Boma

After the rain had stopped we went down to the food court for tea we had 2 Fish Baskets with Fries and one Childs Chicken Nuggets with fries $20.42 and we had our refillable cups for a drink of Fanta for Rebecca and Coke for us. After we had finnished our mains we decided to have a dessert 1 Carrott Cake for Nigel and a Chocolate Cake for Rebecca $7.65 I just had a coffee.

Rebecca doing her best Sharpay pose.

After tea we headed back to the room for an early night.

Day 12 Magic Kingdom

Edited at 04:02 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with locy photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great day at Universal - who says the staff there are not every bit as friendly and helpful as the Disney CMs

I would love to have my picture taken with the Simpsons
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report!
Old 23 Jul 09, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
a great day, shame about the rain
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Great pics with the Simpsons... i had managed to jam our camera last time at US so no Simpsons pics for us

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great day. Seeing that picture of the rain reminds me of how hard it can rain out there.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Boo that rain :angry: Did you re-do Rebecca's hair or is that how she woke up? (silly question i know)

When the Simpsons come out it takes me ages to get my 2 away they just want to stay and play...!

Another great day and photos.

Karen
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 09, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post

More great photos

I agree with Nigel on Twister... The Q was dreadful the year it opened, and we waited.
The show ( which I thought was the pre show ) was so lame I was still expecting the "real Ride" instead we found ourselves outside!