Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Aug 09, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rebecca's 1st Trip Highs and Lows

Here are our Highs and Lows of our recent trip all I'll will say is that the highs definately outnumber the lows

HIGHS

Twilight Check-in
This is a very good idea able to get rid of the Suitcases the night before the flight and then just wander over to Security in the Morning with only hand luggage.

V-Room
Can't recommend this enough we had a 11.15 flight so wandered over from the Hilton where we'd stayed the night. The peace an quite in the V-Room is lovely and relaxing as opposed to the hustle and bustle in the Departures downstairs and Rebecca went to play in the Kids part of the lounge on the Computer whilst we relaxed and had a bite to eat and a coffee.

Flight
Flight was OK as flights go food was quite good and the stewardesses couldn't do enough for us we also helped ourselves to drinks throughout the flight films were also good.

Car
We upgraded to a Dodge Charger which was HUGE and Hubby Loved it he didn't want to give it back at the end of the holiday.

Port Orleans Riverside
What can I say about this Hotel the grounds were lovely so picturesque and peaceful absolutely loved the place. The food court was really good the selection of food for breakfast was amazing always had a fill before heading out. Staff were so helpful and couldn't do enough for you.

Food
Overall couldn't fault the food we had the portions sizes were good always knew when we needed to share. Best meal overall Would have to be T-Rex for the quality and quantity also couldn't fault the service OK maybe a little expensive but you have to factor in the themeing.

Downtown Disney
Amazing Place for Disney Atmosphere, Shopping and eating. There was always something going on in the evenings. Hubby must have enjoyed it as we were there every other night and he didn't complain about the shopping as long as we had a Ghiardellis each time.

Character Meals
Crystal Palace was our favourite Character meal great interaction with the Characters and not rushed at all selection of food on offer for Breakfast was amazing. We did a number of Character meals and enjoyed them all the service was really good.

Best Rides
Everest amazing didn't think I'd do it as DD didn't want to so we did it separately so glad I did it.

Tower of Terror loved this ride

Toy Story Mania good laugh all enjoyed this

The Simpsons Ride Awsome absolutely loved the themeing of this

The Mummy Ok quite scary especially if you're on your own but wouldn't miss it.

BBB
We arranged for the Castle package I know it's expensive but had promised DD she could have it she thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and still talks about it had some amazing photos.

Can't really express how amazing this holiday was we thoroughly enjoyed the whole Disney Experience

LOWS

Not to many low points here

Food
Will say the food in the Universal parks is not as nice at the food in the Disney Parks both meals we had in UA and IOA were OK filled a hole but not as hot or as fresh as at Disney. I know we are talking essentially fast food here but the fast food in Disney was Hot and fresh and served with a smile.

Worst Rides/Attractions
Muppets 3D defianately dated not as good as Philharmagic

Twister DH went on his own and was so disappointed in it.

Flight Home

OK but the food was not as nice going home.

Final low point coming home and realising that amazing holiday we had is now over.

Will have to start saving to go again hopefully in 2011.

Link to Index of Trip Report

Edited at 10:11 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 09, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had a great time

though I love the muppets!

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 09, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
what a lovely highs and lows ! , sounds like a truly brilliant time was had by all !
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 09, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

T-Rex was our favourite meal of the holiday too, we were absolutely stuffed by the time we'd finished! We loved the layout, the service was excellent and the chocolate extinction we had was yummy.

I'm in the same boat as you, been back 3 weeks (got the holiday blues) and already planning on how I can save to go back in 2011.

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 09, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
liverbird
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you had a fab time - good idea highs and lows! My children can't wait to go to the T-Rex restaurant, really pleased that it seems to be getting decent reviews, don't mind paying if it's good food and service.
Karon.x
Old 25 Aug 09, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mitzllim
Excited about Disney

mitzllim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds good, Muppets definately needs replacing

95 DLP- DNBC 96 WDW - DPR 97 Sept WDW- Lingfields, Kissimee) 98 Xmas WDW- route 57 00 DLP - DSL 01 WDW- ASS 03 OCT WDW - Route 57 Trip Report Oct 08 WDW - ASS Wedding 12 ASM DGF DCS
mitzllim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
chris5117
Imagineer

More highs than lows, sounds like a good trip.

We too are planning for 2011 and T'Rex is a must for us!

Chris

Chris, Lorraine, Molly & Zack
chris5117 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post

So glad to hear the high outdid the lows... just what we want
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Thanks for all of your comments yes we did have a fantastic time and really can't wait to go back all saving hard now for 2011.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

awww know how you feel about the flight home,its sad when you have had such a great time
loved our hols,just seems so long ago now!
get yourself a new countdown! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List