Our West Coast Adventure - July 2009 - Day 12

Day 12- Disneyland Park

Sunday 19th July

Day 11

Us lot…

DH (48) – Enzo – puts up with us and is happy as long as we’re happy

Me (39) – Angelina – the planner and tour guide

DD (16) – Gabriella – my shopping buddy…if there’s a Sephora…we’re in it

DS (13) – Gianni – likes to eat and always has a smile ready when he sees me point the camera at him

I have to be honest with you and tell you that I have absolutely no idea what time we woke up today or indeed where we had breakfast. Gianni, however, informs me that we ate at IHOP. Goodness only knows what we ate and what it cost.

I do know that we walked to the Disneyland Park today though and that I took lots and lots of photos so if I post lots will I be forgiven?

I’ve just realised that I’ve uploaded 43 photos to Photobucket for today’s report….think I’m going to have to cut a few out

Another confession…I don’t know what order we did everything in today and am going to rely on my photos to help me.

So on with the day….

Doesn’t Gianni look like he’s looking forward to his day?

We had to swap our tickets again today and we had the same Cast Member as yesterday swap them for us. He was so chirpy and Disney-happy. We thought he was lovely.

I just love this plaque…

Main Street U S A

Little and cute isn’t it?

I loved these bronze statues..

‘Thought she was going to leave some photos out’ I can hear you you know I’m struggling lol

From Main Street we made our way to Adventureland and went on Indiana Jones Adventure and the Jungle Cruise. I couldn’t tempt anyone to go into the Enchanted Tiki Room with me. Boring lot.

Looks like it was New Orleans Square next for Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion. The themeing (sp? Spellchecker doesn’t like that word lol) here is gorgeous.

I think we collected Fastpasses for Enz and the teens to ride Splash Mountain – I didn’t fancy it today. Then we went over to Frontierland for Big Thunder Mountain.

Whilst my lovely family rode Splash I went to off to take some photos and then just sat in the shade until they came find me. Or not as it happens.

DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

In all the years we’ve been to Disney I’ve never made it onto the Riverboat. One day!

Now I sat waiting for ages and couldn’t quite understand why it was taking so long for my family to join me then thought maybe it was because it’s quite a long ride. So I visited the room of rest. Came back. Still no-one. Ho-hum. Went off to see if I could find the exit to the ride. Found it. Didn’t find my family. Went back to my spot in front of the ride's drop. Then Gabriella appeared. What was I doing here? They’d been waiting by the exit for ages. Numpty family back lol She plonked herself down and I went in search of the other two. Finally found Enz. He was sitting by the exit….I’d have spotted him the first time if I’d just walked a bit further. Gianni was nowhere to be seen though. He’d gone to powder his nose. It was then a question of trying to find him.

Eventually we all found each other and went off in search of food. You’d think it would have been sensible to eat this side of the park really wouldn’t you? Don’t be daft. Gabriella today liked the sound of Pizza Port in Tomorrowland….the other side of the park. So we trudged over, taking snaps on the way.

Today’s bill came to $42 and comprised of 2 pizzas, an Asian chicken salad for me, a side salad for Enz and 4 sodas. I have to hand it to Disney. Their counter service salads are pretty nice. I think Enz chose a side salad thinking I wouldn’t be able to finish mine and would share it with him. Not ruddy likely. It’s leaves!

In no particular order because I’m a doughnut and didn’t make a note of things……we rode the Matterhorn Bobsleds..

Enz put this photo in the Yosemite pile and it took me a while to figure out what ‘mountain’ it was lol Disney are good aren’t they

Rode the monorail. We boarded it in Tomorrowland so had a chance to see the Finding Nemo Submarine Ride..

Did a circuit on the Railway…

Went into space…

Had a bash at Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters…

We plonked ourselves on the kerb, in front of the Castle, in the shade, about an hour before the parade was due to start. It was great fun just people watching. It's amazing how many people the Cast Members had to turn away from the area they'd roped off for wheelchair users. Amazing isn't the word really. Unbelieveable! One family actually stood there arguing for ages with the CM.

Edited at 09:57 PM.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

On with the show!

The theme was ‘Celebration’ and it was great fun. Gabriella and I got to do rock n roll with this lot…

We haven’t watched Enz’s recording of this on the camcorder yet…gulp.

After the parade Gianni wanted to ride Big Thunder Mountain again so Enz took him off and Gabriella and I wanted to wander through the Castle and the shops on Main Street. The plan was to meet the boys after an hour and a half.

Mickey and Minnie candy apples..

I just love the displays in the windows…

The boys found us before our time was up and before we’d spent too many $$$$ as they decided not to ride Big Thunder Mountain because the wait time was too long for them.

It was about 8ish by now and we’d had a long day and still had the walk back to the hotel to look forward to. With heavy hearts we left the park.

It took me a while to work out what felt different at the Anaheim parks. At WDW every ride empties into a shop. That wasn’t the case here and it felt really strange. The Haunted Mansion and the Buzz Lightyear rides did but I can’t think of any others.

We dragged ourselves back to our rooms to freshen up for dinner. Thinking the car was probably feeling a tad neglected, we thought it best take it out to dinner We headed past the Disney entrance to Mimi’s. I’d read some really good reviews on the internet and read a couple of trip reports that recommended it….

Enz panicked and pulled up in Millie’s car park next door. A quick about turn and we were soon parked where we should be.

We were seated straight away and perused the menu. They had one of those ruddy nutritional info books on the table here

They have a ‘Just Enough Dinner’ menu here. I really had no choice but to order from here did I? So, at 382 calories…oh yes it’s on the website too, I had the Sweet and sour chicken stir fried with vegetables glazed with ginger sweet and sour sauce, served with jasmine rice. It was really tasty and it really was enough lol

Gabriella had a grilled vegetable ciabatta sandwich and fries, Gianni the parmesan chicken which is served with a HUGE bowl of spaghetti and Enz went for a 3 course meal from fixed menu – French onion soup, BBQ salmon and an apple cinnamon crisp desert. 4 sodas…bargain meal and top service….$57. Can’t ask for more than that really can you?

I’m sorry. I know I said I was going to cut some of the photos out. It didn’t quite work out did it

Day 13

Edited at 04:18 PM.
Old 26 Aug 09, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

yay another update and another great day. I'm glad you didn't leave out too many pics, love a TR full of photos
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jan2794
Imagineer

lovely pics...
jan2794 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 09, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another great trip report and brilliant photos - i am really enjoying reading them xx
Old 26 Aug 09, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Thanks duckies... glad you're enjoying...trying to get them all typed up before Sarah goes off on her jollies
Old 26 Aug 09, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Thanks duckies... glad you're enjoying...trying to get them all typed up before Sarah goes off on her jollies
Aww thanks Ang, so very kind of you
Seriously though i really am enjoying this TR :pop:, its one of my faves i've read in a while and made even better by having lots of piccies
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Please don't feel like you're posting too many pictures... we can't get enough! I am really really liking the look of the Disney parks, I need Iain to read this aswell then you can get him excited about Disney like me. Mimi's sounds good, I'm going to check out the menu and make a note of the address.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 09, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
I love all the photos, the more the merrier for me!
An brilliant day again...I can't get over how wee the castle is!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List