Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 22 Sep 09, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

California & Vegas Sep '09 - Day 4

Day 4 - September 4th - Disney's California Adventure

My eyes opened to the sparkling ring beside me (as I couldn't wear it, putting it on the bedside table like an allnament (bad spelling i know) had to do :pgig) i still couldn't believe I had it and how gorgeous it was. I looked at the time and it had just gone 10 abit of a lay in compaired to yesterdays early morning but we both still could of slept in for longer, i forgot to mention this before but the beds here had to be one of the comfiest I have ever slept in, in my life. We seriously had difficulty dragging ourselves ourt of them, but hey we were in California I wasn't going to be letting us waste our time sleeping.
So we soon got up and were ready to go get some breakfast around 11.30, we decided to head to Denny's today and had a all American grand slam for Darren and a build your own slam for me plus 2 cokes, were we finished about 12 and payed the $20 bill and then headed back to the hotel for a few relxing hours by the poll before we headed to Disney's California Adventure.
We headed up just before 3 to freshen up and grab everything we needed, after a shower i noticed my chest was quite red and blotchy I was hoping it was just the ehat and would go down once it started to cool down and as i was out of the sun for a bit so didn't bother wasting time going to the chemist to get anything for it. Once ready we made our way downstairs to the front entrance of the hotel and caught the 3.30 shuttle to the parks, the shuttles from the Sheraton is a private one and just runs between them and the park and was really good. Always on time, it left the hotel on the hour and half past the hour and left the parks 15 & 45mins past the hour and the last one from the parks was a hour and half after park closing.
We arrived at the parks quickly and once through bag search we had to take our pictures by one or two of the big California letters outside the park

Photos taken we headed into the park, where there was a photopass lady taken pictures with the bridge in the background, a couple of pictures taken and we carried on towards Monsters Inc, about a 5 minute que so we headed on that. Once done we spotted a smoothie place so decided to grab a couple of drinks Mango smoothie for Darren & pineapple juice for me, it was just gone 4pm by now and I really wanted to watch the 4.15 showing of Alladin as it was the last one for the day so we headed to the theatre for that, with a few pictures along the way and a quick meeting with Goofy.

We got to the theatre and were told no food or drinks allowed, so drinks quickly consummed we headed in and it was packed. We looked around for 2 seats but couldn't find any, a CM pointed us to 2 free seats near the front so we took those and settled for the show. I didn't really know what to expect with this show but I read it was fantastic and that the Gennie was hilarious and as I love the Alladin film i really wanted to see it. Well I was not dissapointed, it really was a great show and the Genie had us laughing most of the way through. I reallyw ish we had a camcorder with us so we could have recorded it, as i'd love to watch it back at home. So if you are headed to Disneyland don't miss it.

Once the show was finished and we were out of the theatre, we had a slow walk around the park and headed to Paradise pier, and grab a couple of fastpasses for Soarin' along the way. I was quite surprised with the crowd levels, it was now the friday evening of Labor day weekend and I really expected bigger crowds than this.

Edited at 09:33 PM.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 09, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Once at Paradise pier we sat down for an Ice cream in the shade and Darren noticed my blotchy chest was now very much a bad rash and very red, it was really starting to itch but hey i'm in Disneyland and i'm not going to worry about it now i'll worry and get something for it later when we leave, while eating our Ice creams we watched California Screamin coaster a few times and I was certain as soon as I finished I was going to join the que for that. Knowing there was NO chance of Darren joining me, i headed to the entrance for a single rider ticket so I didn't have to wait in the 20minute que. I was on the ride within about 5 minutes and have to say I loved it, was deffiently one of my favourite rides of the whole trip. We walked down to see how long the que was for Toy story but it was 35 minutes and neither of us love queing so we decided to skip that and we headed to Bugs Land.

We did a few of the rides there and watched 'It's tough to be a bug' which was really good fun and worth seeing. It was gone 6.30pm by now and we hadn't had anything but our ice creams since breakfast so both were feeling rather hungry so headed to Pilots grill for some dinner. Cheeseburger meal & coke for Darren & a BBQ chicken burger meal & coke for me and we shared a side of onion rings which came to $28 both satisfied and stuffed we headed towards the Animation academy, there was about a 10minute wait till the next draw a character was starting so we decided to wait for that, and once in sat down with our pencil & paper we were told we'd be drawing Grumpy, this is a really fun thing to do and we had a laugh trying our best and not being half as good as the CM who's drawing was wonderful. Once done we decided that we had a laugh in there so waited for the next one to start which was Pluto, this gave us even more laughs as mine looked like he hadn't eaten in months and Darrens had two extra cheeks

My rash which i'm sure you can notice in my pictures, was really aggrivating me now and was extremely itchy, I have a scar near my colar bone where the neck ends and meets your chest and that was really red and the rash was bad around it which made the scar extremely itchy and so difficult not to itch, determind not to let it ruin my night and force me to leave DCA early i carried on trying my best to ignore it. We had another walk around taking more pictures now it was dark and all the lights were on before calling it a night and leaving.

Just before leaving the Fireworks had started so we stood and watched them for a bit before looking in a couple of shops, where I bought 2 pins and we left.

As we walked out the gates I remember we had forgot to use our FP's for Soarin' which iw as gutted about as I loved that ride in WDW but we couldn't be bothered to head back in just to go on it, plus i wanted to go back to the hotel to get the car keys so we could hopefully go find a chemist that was open.
We caught the 10.45 shuttle back to the hotel and i asked at reception if there was a chemist still open anywhere and he gave me details of a Target about 5-10mins down the road that would be open, so I headed back to the room to grab the car keys & my glasses and we popped to the Target. Being the type of person that can't go in a shop just for what I need I grabbed some antihistamine tablets & cream, plus we picked up some more drinks & snacks, hairspray and $40 later we left and headed back to the hotel. We were tired again and tablets taken, cream on me we headed to bed and fell asleep watching tv about 12.

Edited at 09:31 PM.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 09, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Hooray!
Another great report and photos, thanks Sarah I take my camcorder and record every show but it would be nice to watch something and relax rather than see it through a lens.
Hope the cream did the trick... when we went to Egypt Shannon came out in a rash and it took us ages trying to find a pharmacist to understand what we wanted. Spent around £8 on a bottle of what was basically calamine lotion...LOL!
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Pedro
Apprentice Imagineer

Pretty full day Sarah. Great photos.

Peter
Old 23 Sep 09, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Fantastic photos, another fab day!
Old 23 Sep 09, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report & photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I suffer with the dreaded heat rash too, so I know how itchy and aggravating it can be. Hope the tablets and cream did the trick for you. I only noticed it on a couple of photos and that's because you mentioned it, it doesn't spoil your pics.

Come on then... you've only got 10 days left till I go! You'd better get typing!

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracyh View Post
I suffer with the dreaded heat rash too, so I know how itchy and aggravating it can be. Hope the tablets and cream did the trick for you. I only noticed it on a couple of photos and that's because you mentioned it, it doesn't spoil your pics.

Come on then... you've only got 10 days left till I go! You'd better get typing!
I hadn't suffered with it like that before, and it took a few days to go but thankfully didn't get as bad as it was that night again.
haha thanks though i think its really noticable

umm 10 days till you go and i still have about 14 days to write up? will i get it done in time, i'll try my best
Old 24 Sep 09, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdtob
Excited about Disney

Great report again we have only been to the California Park once before but I'm recognising a lot of the views/rides from your pictures and report.

I don't think I'd have noticed the rash either, photo's of you both are lovely!
mrsdtob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List