Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Sep 09, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We talk Rubbish! Day 13, Shopping

Day 13, Saturday September 26, 2009
Hmm what to do today? We reluctantly agreed we could put it off no longer, we’d have to shop – again Our son had asked us to get him a game for his PS3 we also had a few other things to get for people at home, so we steeled ourselves to go and do the deed.

We went to the Florida Mall for David’s game, which we found easily at Game Stop. Well that was a lot simpler than the time he asked us to get him a PS3 and we searched all over Orlando before finding it (it was when they were newly released in the US and before they were not yet available in the UK).

I’d seen some ankle boots I wanted for myself so off we went for me to try them on. Could I get the darn things on? Well with a great struggle is the short answer. They were pull on boots, no zips or give in them anywhere. After much sweating and grunting and with Bill’s help I eventually got one of them on and it was a really good fit when on but I couldn’t be having that carry on every time I wanted to wear them so I didn’t buy them after all, and left the shop with a big red face. We’d enough of the Florida Mall by this point, after all we’d been in two shops. We left and headed off to Walgreens as we wanted some ‘stuff’ in there. We had not been in Walgreens at all this holiday which is highly unusual for us as it is one of my favourite Florida (or US) attractions.

We stopped at a Walgreens on the Central Florida Parkway, and bought a few bits and pieces but not a lot. We were looking for spectacle wipes for Bill and our son, and some bath stuff for a good friend of ours. We couldn’t find the bath stuff or the spec wipes so we went to Walgreens near the Premium outlets where we got what we wanted along with some other things and gulped at the cost $95 – eek what on earth had we bought? Two things we didn’t buy but were on sale in there were ‘Butt paste’ which was in the baby items aisle, I think it was for nappy rash, and what I think was also a cream in another aisle, called ‘Jock itch’ which I’ll let you draw your own conclusions as to what it’s for. Lols talk about calling a spade a spade. They made us laugh anyway.

It was very very hot by the time we returned to the resort so after having some ice cream we gathered our books and spent the afternoon cooking ourselves at the quiet pool. We were in the water most of the time as it was too hot to sit out.

Later on we went out shopping yet again! I wanted to buy some clothes from Osh Kosh and from Baby Gap for our little grandson Ash. We went to the Prime outlets and got him some really cute stuff at great prices.

Bill was hungry by the time we’d finished there. We couldn’t decide where to go. I wasn’t really hungry at all but thought I could manage some pizza skins from Uno’s so that was our next port of call.

Our server was called Andy J, and we ordered – Bill windy chilli soup, although I tried my best to get him to order any other soup instead of that one. Bill also ordered the Numero Uno pizza. I just wanted pizza skins, although I did also have 2 Malibu Sunrise cocktails. Andy came back to us very apologetic and said ‘bad news’ he was really sorry but they were out of windy chilli soup – hurrah I was delighted! Bill then said well it was good news for me and laughed. Andy looked embarrassed at first before he too started to laugh and went through the other options with Bill. So Bill had vegetable soup instead. ‘easier on your stomach and your wife’ said Andy as he brought it to the table. This link here is what happened on an earlier holiday after Bill had that evil soup!

Our meal as ever was very good, although I preferred my cocktails to the food as they were delish! Well they were good until I tried to stand up and promptly fell back down into my seat again – hic hic I am such a lightweight.

We had intended going to DTD afterwards but the heavens opened when we were in the car – real bouncing down Florida rain, the first we’d seen this holiday as we’ve been really lucky with the weather. We decided to just go back to the resort to watch the storm from inside the villa. Bill of course had to take some photos of the rain, which seemed to be set for the night.

Once back at the villa we again watched some TV before going to bed (just like home really).
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 09, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 09, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
LOL...Lucky escape Jools but I'm not sure if vegetable soup is any better.

Bob
Old 27 Sep 09, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Jools... another great report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 09, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
hi

another great day
Old 27 Sep 09, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree lucky escape there! How embarrassing, reading the link!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 09, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I was only just thinking reading your reports that Bill hadn't had the windy chilli soup this time
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 09, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Windy Chilli soup! ... mmmm... they do call a spade a spade over there!
Old 27 Sep 09, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Good stuff that Butt Paste, we had to get some for Molly once. I could hardly believe the name of it though!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 09, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

I love Osh Kosh and Gap for the grandchildren too. Another lovely relaxed day.

Just realised that I have never read your 2006 reports, for some strange reason. so I am off to enjoy those! xx

Edited at 11:08 AM.
coombsyl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List