Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Sep 09, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We talk Rubbish! Day 14, Last day

Day 14 Sunday 27 September 2009

So here we are in our last full day in Florida. What shall we do today then we mused? The ground had dried up after the previous night’s downpour but there was quite a lot of cloud and some of the clouds were quite dark.

As we hadn’t had a milk shake at Johnny Rockets all holiday we went to the one at Pointe Orlando to put right that right. As it was almost lunchtime by the time we got there we also had a grilled cheese sandwich with fries each as well as the quite delectable milkshakes

After we’d eaten we thought we’d like to do another airboat ride and thought Boggy Creek would be a good place to go. ‘Do you know where it is’ I asked Bill. He said he did as we’d passed it on the way from Miami (I didn’t remember that at all, but knew I’d seen it signposted when we were at Gatorland the other day). So we set off on our merry way.

We were not so merry an hour later when we really had no idea where to go or where we were. I had developed a headache and felt quite sick so we turned around and headed for ‘home’. Just as well really as the clouds were getting darker and thicker. We arrived back at the Fountains where I stuck one of those forehead strip thingys for headaches on my forehead (much to Bill’s amusement) and went to lie down on the bed – just to rest my eyes and ease my head .

Next thing I knew it was 2 hours later and Bill was fast asleep in bed beside me. I still felt a bit fragile but a lot better than I was earlier. I got up and went out on to the balcony and could tell by all the water everywhere that it had been raining heavily. Bill got up soon after I did and said there had been a torrential downpour, but apparently – according to Bill I didn’t hear it above the volume of my snoring – well he would say that wouldn’t he!

So it seemed we’d quickly gone from our last full day to our last night in Orlando – boo! We went to Chilli’s for dinner as we really liked it there the other night.

I had chicken fajitas and Bill had steak fajitas.

Bill also had Key Lime Cheesecake which came in a shot glass. I had a little tast of it and it was yummy! We enjoyed our meal, although I didn’t enjoy being forced to listen to the conversation between 2 very loud American ‘ladies’ sitting in the booth behind us. By the end of the meal I knew all about the problems one of them was having with her partner and also the theory of her friend that the problems were caused as they (the GF and BF) shared the same sign of the zodiac. I was pleased when I’d finished eating as I could then put my hands over my tortured ears

We wanted to go to the cinema for our last night and decided DTD was to be the venue.

We looked at what was showing and also the times and plumped for Julie & Julia, as I wanted to see it (well we saw Terminator which was Bill’s choice on our last night when we were last in Orlando). I wasn’t really sure what the film was about apart from it involved French cooking. Well it was a really entertaining and funny film – we both enjoyed it far more than Fame the other night. We had a right good laugh and came out of the cinema in good sprits. We had a walk around what was Pleasure Island (in fact I think Disney have the audacity to still call it that, even though it is just shops now) had a look at The Adventurers Club, which seems to be fully intact, shame it is bereft of performers and an audience these days. Then we returned to the Fountains for the final time this holiday. I caught up with the trip reports and Bill did that thing he does with photos, before calling it a night.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 09, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

sounds like a great last day
Old 28 Sep 09, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry you didn't feel very well, glad you felt better after a sleep. Have a safe journey home

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 09, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Aw Jools sorry to hear you'd a headache. Sounds like you'd a good day headache aside. Can't believe it's your last full day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 09, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

thanks for posting your trip reports, they are always so entertaining...makes me want to go back!
safe trip home to you bith
Old 28 Sep 09, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Crikey, it always seems to be over too soon! ... have a safe and hassle free trip back...
Old 28 Sep 09, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Really enjoyed reading your trip report, thanks for sharing.
RT7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 09, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks like a good day Jools despite your headache.

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 09, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have a safe journey home

Bob
Old 28 Sep 09, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

A lovely last day.