Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It started out as a weekend in Spain! - Day Nine

Day 9 - Friday 5th June

Awoke around 8am and had a lazy couple of hours reading and watching TV. Decided to head off to St. Pete’s Beach Pier but my navigating wasn’t up to much and I won’t say we got lost……just took the long way round! We ended up coming across an Applebees and stopping for lunch.

We (finally) arrived at the pier and had a wander round for an hour or so and bought a couple of bits including a Christmas pressie for my SIL2B…..yes that’s right, it’s June and I’m buying Christmas presents! The rain had started by now so we waited for an opportune break and headed back to the car and had a drive round for a while finding ourselves slightly lost in a very residential area that had some amazing houses – I’m sure there must have been some celebs living around there! When we finally made it back to some sort of main road we headed back towards the hotel but had a drive right up through Treasure Island to North Reddington Beach , Maderia etc before heading to the Publix in Treasure Island for some breakfast for the next morning and a couple of last minute food items to take home.

Got back to the hotel and made use of the free wi-fi to check-in for the flight home, again securing the over wing exit seats. We also wanted to do a bit of research about a couple of local restaurants before we decided where to eat our evening meal. We settled on a place called ‘Skidders’ which got really good reviews and we eventually managed to get over the name of the place and headed on down there. The food was good but the service was c**p which was reflected in our tip and left us feeling disappointed overall with the place. We went for an early evening stroll on the beach while the sun set and then back off to the room and in bed around 10.30pm me anyway – DH was still watching TV when I was woken at 12.15am to the loudest thunder I have EVER heard in my life. We went out on the balcony to watch and the storm was bad and the rain was hammering down. DH took some video of it and the rain is sooooo loud. We went back to bed and settled down but the thunder rumbled on for a while before we both managed to drop off.

Another couple of hotel photos:

margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

another great day

your hotel looks great
Old 8 Oct 09, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post

wow thise hotel photos are really nice dont envy you the thunder storm then again expect to see some when we go next aug
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
yikes! thunder must have been loud to wake you up!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
The hotel looks lovely.