Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just the two of us - Coast to Coast. Day Three

Just the two of us - Cost to Coast…Day Three

Disneyland and Wal*Mart

After another early rise we partake of the free food at the Hotel, it fills a hole and it has that all important “free” price tag! As Disneyland had been left till last on our previous visit, we decided to go straight there this time and make the most of it.
It was another warm day and the sun was shining,

we did Space Mountain…a bit different to the Florida ride as you sit two abreast on this, Splash Mountain…or should that be “Soak” mountain, I was like a drowned rat when I came off…they’d been having some technical problems as our walk-on turned into a 5 minute wait…tut tut…people were sitting in the ‘logs’ for a few minutes before they ‘took off’. Once we were under way it became apparent quite quickly that this was a much wetter ride than we were used to, I was sitting at the front and was very wet long before we got to the ‘big drop’…we had come to a standstill a couple of times and did so again at the bottom of the drop, this meant we got a pretty big bump a few times as other ‘logs’ came clown the drop and crashed into us. Sadly a lot of my photo pass pictures were then taken and its safe to say they are not flattering! We carried on round the park riding Buzz Lightyear …Jake winning by some sort of fix!

and the Matterhorn Bobsleds but mostly we were just wandering. I’d always wanted to visit Mickey’s house in Toontown, I wanted to see his drawer with all his gloves in it, so off we toddled and although I was slightly disappointed to not see his bedroom never mind his glove drawer, we did get a glimpse into the life of MM himself

…the queue to get into Minnie’s house next door was too long so we continued our stroll passed IASW

and over to New Orleans square to watch the Princess and the Frog Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee again, we got ourselves settled at a table at Royal Street Veranda and had some Gumbo and Chowder in the sourdough bread bowls…

purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
I don’t know which one is which but they were fantastic and we had a great view of the show form our table.
Time was marching on and we had booked the hire car for 12 o’clock…I was getting quite excited so we headed off in the direction of the Grand Californian ( which I constantly referred to as the Grand Floridian! ) The directions to the Alamo office seemed to direct you to the GC car park, so after wandering aimlessly in all the wrong directions we decided to ask someone…and we were directed back to DTD …the Alamo office is in one of the little lanes…oops! I did manage to get a couple of photos of GC while I was there…it would have been rude not too! It looks very much like Wilderness Lodge…very very nice!

Seemed to take ages to get organised with the car even though we were the only people in the office, we were given a Hyundai Accent, we were happy enough with this as Jake had had one many moons ago so we knew how to work it…It was a tad basic with key locks and wind up windows, but we had only paid for an economy car. We were offered an upgrade to a VW Beetle and I really wanted to take it as I’m a big Beetle fan, but at $15 a day extra, I had to admit it was a waste of money.
With the sat nav all set up with our hotel address and the Alamo office address we went out to have a go!…One circuit of the car park and we hit the road…woooohoooooo…my first attempt at driving in the USA and it was a doddle! Ok so getting from there to our hotel took 2 minutes and only involved about 2 left turns, but still I was really pleased with myself. We parked outside our room and went to reception for a permit to display ( parking was free but you had to display a parking permit ). Next stop was Wal*Mart, we seemed to spend an age in there without actually buying anything! Back to the hotel via the liquor store…MIL wanted some kind of Bacardi that you can’t get here ( gold or something ) and because of our in direct flights it was going to make buying any drinks from Duty Free difficult. I got a bottle of ready mixed mojito and Jake got a Bud Lime to have in the room one evening.
We chilled in the room for a wee while, Jake watched TV and I played around with the sat nav…eventually we got ourselves moving and headed to DTD for dinner. All the restaurants were posting a 45 - 60 minute wait so we cancelled that idea and somehow or other I ended up fighting off lots of little girls in my attempt to “build a bear”…the result was “Jamie” my very own build a bear, complete with jeans, t shirt and cardigan, little white frilly socks, sketchers trainers and pink sunglasses the same as mine! How fab is that shop?

I just stopped short of buying Jamie a mobile phone…all that stuff is so cute!
Now with a rumbling tummy we headed out of Disney …

…and ended up in Denny’s…not great food but it was plentiful.
1 Sprite
1 Coke
1 Nachos to share
1 Tilapia
1 Buffalo Chicken melt
$44.30 including a $4 donation to toy for tots or something

Home to bed for another early night…tomorrow we are off exploring California!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

more great pics. Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What a great day Myra and brilliant pictures.

Glad you enjoyed the driving, it's great driving in the States, much easier I reckon than here.

Did you not go on It's a Small World Then? I'd love the give the California one a try sometime..it's my favourite ride
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Er...no we didn't do IASW...it probably had the longest queue of all the rides...we went on it as innocents on our first every Florida trip... I'm not in a hurry to repeat the experience.
I loved driving, can't wait till next year when I get my sexy big SUV
Old 16 Jan 10, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dave and lesley
Imagineer

dave and lesley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
another fab day and great pics, love the pics of the GF, eerrr sorry GC

is this a new thing, first EGG with Prada Bear, now you with Jamie.
2010 SSR HRH, 11 SSR Cocoa beach, 12 SSR HRH,
2014 SSR GFV Wedding, 15 LBV, 17 Miami Beach
dave and lesley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Originally Posted by dave and lesley View Post
another fab day and great pics, love the pics of the GF, eerrr sorry GC

is this a new thing, first EGG with Prada Bear, now you with Jamie.
lol... my Jamie would be Prada Bear's peasant cousin
Old 16 Jan 10, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

What a great day Myra, I love the GC hotel we were lucky enough to stay there for a few days on our last visit . You're brave driving, the thought of it scares me but then I'm a wuss when it comes to driving.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
maggie b
Imagineer

maggie b's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day Myra loving the photo's

Rodeway inn october 2007
Majorca September 2008
Majorca june 2009
Rodeway inn October 2009
Majorca september 2010
Majorca August 2011
Arkvilla October 2011
Majorca 8th September 2012
Arkvilla October 2013
maggie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 10, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I love the wee bear! Well done with the driving-you make it sound easy. Great report!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List