Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And the old folks are coming again! – Day 4

Day Four - Sunday 11th October

The early riser prize goes to DH this morning who got up at 5am! I followed at around 7am and we were all showered, dressed, breakfasted and out of the door at 9.15am. I have then made a note that we phoned my brother back at home but I’m sure we must have done that before we left the house!

This morning we headed off to Boggy Creek for an airboat ride. DH and I have done it a couple of times before but it was another first for DM and DF. We love the drive out to BC as you go through a couple of housing areas that couldn’t be more different…..first off it’s the trailer parks and areas that seem to be run down and then through the more upmarket areas. When we arrived in the car park and got out of the car OMG... the flies….they were everywhere! It was also very, very hot again. Only had to wait for the next boat so not too bad at all and off we headed on Gaitor Bait with Captain Eric. I love the feeling of being out on the water in these boats, the way they just skim on the surface and turn so easily. I sat next to DM who held onto my leg quite a few times as we turned***! We saw 2 small gators and numerous birds this time.

DH & DM just before we set off (again we suffered from the misty camera issue!)

DF & I just before we set off - check out Dad's sunglasses and reading glasses combo!

Captain Eric

If you look really closely you can see the gator

Another boat

When we got back to the dock DM and I both held the gator that they now offer and OMG it was sooooo smooth and not at all what I was expecting and I was very proud of myself.

This is the gator we held!

After a couple of purchases in the shop; a seahorse made of beads by DM and a small bead gator fridge magnet for me, we got back into the boiling hot car and headed off for some lunch. We decided on Applebees and headed to the one at the Kissimmee end of the 192 as next stop was a particular flea market in Kissimmee. I had a combo thing that included Prawns, Southern Chicken Slider and Mozzarella sticks, DH had Steak, Mash and Broccoli, DF went for the Southern Chicken Sliders and DM the Pulled Pork Sliders. DF was very happy as Bud was on 2 for 1 so he took advantage and had 4

Next up was the previously mentioned flea market. DM wanted to visit there particularly as last year we had been and I got a magnetic bead bracelet and DM had got a set for a friend and she really regretted not getting herself something. I have noted that she bought a bracelet and a seahorse (presume it was a necklace) and of course because I was there it was rude not to buy a matching necklace and bracelet for myself . It was unbearably hot inside so we had a quick look round and called it a day and just as we got outside heading back to the car the rain started and boy did it come down very hard, very quickly!

Decided to head back to the house for an afternoon of relaxation but on the way we did a few bits of shopping stopping off at Nike (for DH), Lane Bryant (for me), Starbucks (mainly for me but everyone had something) and another Nike store. Got back to the house around 3pm and DD, DM and I all headed to the pool while DH had a doze for a little while. Later on DH, DM and I headed off to Walmart on the US27 which is about 5 minutes from the house and DF stayed behind to watch the Football.

This became a typical evening for DF & DH:

DH and I had a little snack when we got back and were all in bed around 9.30pm.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 10, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Aww the baby gators or cute!Nice relaxing day, like to see you managed to find some time for shopping!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 10, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Originally Posted by macdonald88 View Post
Aww the baby gators or cute!Nice relaxing day, like to see you managed to find some time for shopping!
Can always find time to shop
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 10, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pics again, i love going to the flea markets just cant resist them, another lovely day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 10, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wills
Imagineer

Great pictures love the one with DF glasses combo.
Old 21 May 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
very scarey, great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 10, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing - we haven't done the air boat ride yet but it looks great.
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 10, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Sounds like a fun day.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 10, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Havent done an airboat ride yet looks fun !

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 10, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

Another great day, love the airboat ride and Layne Bryant shopping