Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And the old folks are coming again! – Day 5

Day Five - Monday 12th October

A 7.30am start for me and despite his snooze yesterday afternoon DH didn’t make it up until 8.45am! I did some bits of ironing while waiting for him and we ended up heading off to Epcot at 10am. First stop was into the Living Seas to ride on the clamshells with Nemo and Friends. Had to queue for this from outside where it was once again very warm although the queue did move quickly. Why don’t they just open up some on the inside queue areas? We just missed the start of a showing of Turtle Talk with Crush so decided to wait for the next one and it was as highly entertaining as always. I love the concept of this attraction and as children are involved it could go anywhere! Meandered around inside looking at the various things and noticed that one of the Manatees had changed since we were last there. I love the Manatees…they are such massive creatures yet seem so gentle.

My DM loves seahorses so here are a couple of piccies of them as there aren't many others today!

We headed off to Seasons for lunch where DH had a lovely Caesar Salad, DF had a fruit and cheese plate and DM and I shared a very nice vegetable flatbread. Let lunch go down by taking a ride on Living with the Land which I always find interesting even though I am not a bit interested in growing anything back at home!

The ony photo I took during the boat trip which is highly unusual!

At this point we had decided to separate for a few hours as DH wanted to go to ESPN to see if they could get the Stockport County game as he knew it was on Sky. DF went with him while DM & I retrieved the car and went of to DTD shopping with arrangements to meet them a few hours later. We wandered through the World of Sport shop (is it called that? ) and I bought a baseball t-shirt for DH ready for our Wedding Anniversary the following day. We had a look in various shops and ended up in Design-a Tee where I ended up getting another t-shirt for DH with Mr Incredible on! He has one already (a red one with the incredible logo on) but it’s getting really battered now and he had seen one he liked on a guy earlier in the holiday so I got one close to that. Basically it has his name, a picture of Mr. Incredible and the wording ‘Mr Incredible’. What I didn’t realise that I would need to go back later on for it but it was fine. Just as I had paid and we were about to leave the shop, in walked DH and DF! ESPN couldn’t get the Sky channel the football was on so they had headed over to find us and incredibly had got off the bus and the first shop they looked in was where we were! Couldn’t believe that a couple of minutes earlier and DH would have realised I was getting a t-shirt for him! Now the decision was which one to give him for our anniversary.

It was time for a Ghiradelli break now so we headed of there and I had a Raspberry and Dark Chocolate Quake shake. Mmmmmmmm is all I can type about that! DH had a mint quake shake and DF & DM shared a mint chocolate chip ice cream waffle bowl. Thoroughly ice creamed out, we finished off the shopping, picked up the t-shirt and managed to find where I’d parked the car before heading off to the house.

DF, DM and I all went in the pool for a chill out and DH stayed in the cool watching TV! Later on in the evening we headed out for dinner to Bob Evans on the 27 where DF & DM had Chicken Pot Pie (which I have since re-created at home!), DH had the Turkey Dinner and I had the Pot Roast Stroganoff. I love Bob Evans for the variety and the home style cooking and I always struggle choosing what to have.

Nothing else reported that evening and I have noted that we all went to bed around 10pm except DH who stayed up a bit later watching baseball.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 10, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Lol typical men always walk in when your trying to buy something slyly hehe mmmmmmmm prety much sums up ghiardellis mmmmmmm
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 10, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
great day
Old 13 May 10, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day, never tried bob evans must give it a go this time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 10, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope Dh liked his t-shirt when he saw it

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 10, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Another good day for you all ..its nice you and your Mum can go and do your own thing !

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 10, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

A lovely day. Bob Evans sounds good, think we are going there this year.
Old 23 May 10, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post

It was nice that you and your Mum could do things together
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 10, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

What a lovely gift to get it
Great report
x
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 10, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List