***The Toys Are Back In Town - Day 10 ***

The Cast
Me - Steve 36
DW - Julie 32
DD1 - Kimberley 16
DD2 - Kiera 9
DD3 - Skye 3

Day 10 6th July Hollywood Studios – Blizzard Beach

Today the plan was visit Hollywood Studios.

Originally we had a character breakfast booked at Hollywood & Vine but cancelled the night before as it’s a waste of money as the kids hardly eat anything.

We arrive at the park for 8.45am and make sure we are in position to make a run for Toy Story Mania which is popular as ever.

On rope drop I go off ahead of the family to get FP’s for TSM, by the time I received the FPs the return time was 10.15am -11.15am. The rest of the family turn up so we head into TSM in the standby line which was at 30min wait,

We ride TSM but it was a mission to get Skye off the ride at the end as she had Vulcan death grip hold on the gun and wasn’t letting go without a fight which ultimately ended in a flood of tears.

After TSM we head to the Backlot Tour and practically walk on as there are only a handful of people waiting.

After the Backlot Tour it was time for 2nd visit to TSM, I notice the loading computer display is at 2047 people in just over an hour! .

Skye comes of the ride easier this time as she knows the next plan is to see Buzz and Woody across the road.

However we soon find the wait for meeting Buzz and Woody is about 50 odd mins so we pass on this (why doesn’t Disney offer FPs for meeting characters)

We walk over towards the Tower of Terror stopping of at Starring Rolls for some brekkie if you can call OJ and a chocolate éclair breakfast!

Both TOT and the Rock N Rollercoaster have wait times of 90 mins and the FP return times are for 4.45pm to 5.4.5pm and its only 11.15am.

The South American Tour Groups are in abundance today and they appear to be everywhere which was making things difficult to avoid them.

We headed over to Star Tours but that has a wit time of 50mins so we keep walking by and head into the Muppets 3D show.

On exiting the Muppets the heat and the crowds were making this visit unpleasant so we head over to Mama Melrose and cancel the evening’s Fantasmic Dinner package before leaving the park at around 12.30pm.

We decided to head back to hotel to grab a bite to eat and to decide what or where to go next. After brief discussion Kimberley & Kiera decided on Blizzard Beach.

We arrive at BB around 2.30pm and set up camp near the Children Area. Julie & Skye play in the small slides whilst the rest of us head for the various raft rides.

It was our first visit to BB since 2004 as we always go to Typhoon Lagoon but in all honesty we prefer BB to TL now but Aquatica gets the top vote for an all round water park.

Kiera keeps looking up to Summit Plummet but she is fairly nervous at heights and is not a confident swimmer either, We head up to Teamboat Springs but on reaching the top Kiera surprises us by saying that she wants to ride the Slush Gusher which is fairly high and pretty fast on its own right.

The 2 girls go first and wait for me at the bottom but being a bit on the heavy side I kind of went flying past them all and only stopped 4ft before the end to the flume which was pretty funny for those watching.

With the Slush Gusher conquered Kiera’s eyes were back up top and to be honest I was hoping she’d back out so I could wimp out too ; but no Kiera & Kimberley start walking up to Summit Plummet so I have to save face and follow.

Well after a long 10 secs Summit Plummet is conquered though it felt like my backside had been whacked with a cricket bat

We spend an enjoyable 4hrs at BB and really proud that Kiera conquered her fears.

On leaving BB for the drive back to the Blue Heron the car is very quiet and everybody is asleep so the rest of the night is spent at the hotel chilling.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

nice one thanks for sharing
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Seemed a wise change of plans
Another good day
Old 12 Jul 10, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Another good read steve! Oh my we are intending doing a rope drop at HS so that Ross can try TSM, looks like i will have to wear my nikes that day
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Great day out, twice on TSM you were lucky most people wait ages!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 10, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
another good one, Steve
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 10, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Gosh, Hollywood Studios looks busy. Sounds like you did the right thing by changing your plans.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 10, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another great read.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 10, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 10, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mum24children
Excited about Disney

Sounds like agood day.
mum24children is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List