Day 7 - Grand Canyon

Day 8 - Leaving Las Vegas

Day 9 - San Diego Zoo

Day 10 - Seaworld

Day 11 - A well deserved rest and DownTown Disney

Day 12 - Disneyland

Day 13 - Disney's California Adventure

The Cast

Myself, Rachel, 36, loves planning and theme parks. Can get a bit obsessive about holidays.

OH, Andrew, 43, usually goes along with my plans, loves driving and big trucks, doesn’t care for rides but is happy to mind bags, pushchair and energetic toddler.

DS1, Dan, 16, loves rollercoasters and music. Surgically attached to his Ipod.

DD, Hannah, 11, loves Tinkerbell, swimming pools and getting her own way. Wants to do anything and everything.

DS2, Tom, 2, Mr Independent, thinks he can do everything the big ones do, loves Toy Story and Mickey Mouse.

Thursday 5th August 2010

Well, sadly my holidays are over and I've had to go back to work so who knows when my trip report will be finished? The next couple of days should be fairly short though, so here goes...

After two very long, very busy Disney days with quite late nights, it wasn't surprising that Hannah, Dan and I slept in until 9.45 today. Andrew and Tom, who don't really do sleeping in, had already been for a walk and breakfast at Subway. After quick showers we set out to find somewhere for breakfast. On our travels we called at Target for goggles for Hannah who'd broken the ones she brought and sunglasses for Hannah, Dan and myself. We bought ones on special offer, knowing full well we would break or lose all of them before the holiday was out; that's what usually happens!

We then walked a bit further to somewhere I'd seen from the shuttle bus a couple of days before - a Teacher Supply Store. Once inside it was a veritable Aladdin's cave of books, stickers, pens, display items and other resources that teachers can't do without! Andrew, Dan and Tom took one look inside and made a quick exit but Hannah and I had a good browse. I was quite amused at a Topic book on learning about life in England. Did you know that instead of saying 'police' we say 'bobby' and instead of saying 'awesome' we say 'spiffing'? I wonder what year that book was written?

We finally ventured out of the shop clutching 30 sparkly pencils and a Cat in the Hat window sticker and emerged blinking into the light to discover a very grubby Tom snoozing gently in his pushchair. Apparently he had been touching the walls and railings outside the shop and was covered in black filth. We wiped him best we could and set of to appease our stomachs which were now rumbling loudly.

The nearest likely place was Denny's so we piled in there. Tom remained asleep for the entire meal, which made a peaceful change and we ate heartily. Andrew chose a Santa Fe skillet and Dan had a burger, though unlike our trip the previous year, he refrained from throwing across the room. Hannah said she wasn't that hungry and had a half portion of the appetiser taster and as I thought it still felt like breakfast time, I had the French toast slam, accompanied by copious amounts of coffee.

We were fairly stuffed afterwads so luckily we only had to walk across the road to the hotel. Once there I was dispatched to put yet more laundry in while everyone else changed for the pool.

The rest of the day was spent in and around the pool, variously chilling and relaxing or performing death defying acrobatics!

As we were having a bit of a lazy day, we decided to eat at Fuddruckers, right next door to the hotel. We weren't in such a rush ths time, but unfortunately the burgers weren't quite as nice this time. Andrew and Dan both opted for the Wild Boar burgers which they thought were a bit greasy. I had an ordinary burger but found it a bit pink in the middle. Hannah and Tom had kids' meals and were more than happy with them, especially as they came with a cookie for afterwards. Somehow we ended up in the Elvis section again, although to be fair, it was a lot busier and there wasn't much choice of seating.

Somehow, despite not having done much we were quite tired, so we headed back for a quiet night in the room where Tom and Dan soon fell asleep and the rest of us watched a Traffic Cops style programme about women police officers (or bobbies, ahem!) in Memphis - very eye opening!

Tomorrow: Pioneertown

Edited at 10:06 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 10, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great Day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 10, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 10, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

brilliant
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a nice relaxing day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List