Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Oct 10, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That was good, can we ride again - Day 1

Day One - Friday, 1st October 2010
Hollywood Studios

Breakfast of cereal, toast, pop tarts and bagels at villa (the start of a holiday tradition) then out by 8.10am to register the villa. All went well and back on the road by half past - then sat nav took us down the back roads to Disney arghhh! This is our own sat nav that we brought on the last trip, why it has decided to go a little crazy after working perfectly last time is anyones guess. A few sharp words later and a tweek or two to the sat nav (pretty please Mr Sat Nav can you avoid the toll roads cos I will be all out of money by Tuesday) and we made it to Hollywood Studios.

How I have missed the tram from the car park to the entrance lol. Its so nice to be back.

First stop photopass guy to get a card and some snaps. Then straight to the board to see the times of the shows (our main aim today being Indiana Jones). Had a wander round and got some snacks and drinks from The Writers Stop (biggest and bestest cinnamon bun in the whole world ... ever! ).

Then round to Indiana Jones show. We didn't do this last time we were here as I was the only one out of my family who had seen the films so no-one else fancied it. Since then of course, we have purchased the box set and my kids love the films as does hubby. It was brill, my son loved it. Got to shake hands and take snaps with Indie at the end.

Then some browsing in the souvenir shops (this is where the alternative report heading of "Why did we come all this way if you won't let me buy anything in the gift shop? ! " started.

Got to Beauty & the Beast just as it was starting. Really liked this show, again it was a first for us.

Went round to Tower of Terror as last trip it had become the girls favourite ride but she lost her nerve just as we were about to enter the library.

Then I went in the single rider queue for Rock n Roller Coaster to find it had broken down.

Not wanting to leave my husband and kids together for too long in case a murder was commited in my absense, I decided to leave the ride and try again another day (if I'd known I wouldn't have gotten another chance - I would have stayed in the line)

Had a wander and went to eat in Backlot Cafe. Veg option was nice and the kids enjoyed their meal. We were finished and out in time for the parade - we loved this, it was really fun (crowd participation was a bit disappointing, I seemed to be the only one dancing and singing along in my immediate area).

We then went on the Great Movie Ride, kids were a little scared of the gangster (even though we'd seen him before).

Round to meet Little Einsteins and Handy Manny.

We came out of the restroom to be forced into Narnia by a castmember. As already read on The Dibb it wasn't very exciting but the boy liked it cos he has only seen the first one and got a good idea what the second was like.

Went round to animation studio. Met with Mickey, Bear from TS3 (can't remember his name but the girl is convinced he smelt of strawberries), The Incredibles and Minnie & Pluto.

We learnt to draw a crocodile (I believe he starred in Princess and the Frog which none of us have seen).
We all really enjoyed learning to draw and I would recommend this to all, its amazing what you can draw when you know how

Home for some pool time and to catch up on some sleep

Today's main spends:
Disney Parking - $14
The Writers Stop - Mochacino, Mocha Latte, Cin Bun, Choc Chip Cookie, Muffin and 2 x diet cokes = $22.74
Backlot Express - Angus Beefburger with cheese & fries, Veggie Sub with carrots, 2 x kids hot dog meals and 4 x fountain drinks = $43.16
Publix - various villa essentials = $28.35

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 10, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pictures - I felt like I was there with you. So sad you missed the Rock n Roller Coaster - my favorite.

Jeanie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 10, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Another great day and great pictures.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 10, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day, shame about r&R my fav too
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 10, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day
Old 10 Nov 10, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Fab day - went to london recently they have cinabon shop but nothing compared to disneys L x
Old 10 Nov 10, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day and photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Super day - photos are fab!
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely trippie love the pics
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 10, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

nice report
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List