Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Oct 10, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That was good, can we ride again - Day 3

Day Three - Sunday, 3rd October 2010
Universal Studios

Out for breakfast at IHop on 192 today much to the hubbys disgust. Food nice and I felt it was a nice change of scene from the villa (hubby doesnt like eating breakfast out in Florida - everything is too sweet for him so he wasn't very keen on his meal).

Got to Universal Studios at around 10am.

Ethan checking he's tall enough this time round

Worked anti clockwise round the park. Met up with The Simpsons for a hug and some autographs.

Stopped at Mels Drive-In for a souvineer cup before going round to see the Back to the Future car and train (my hubby is of this era and my son is following in his daddys footsteps and is a big fan).

We passed them on the way too

First ride ET Adventure - hadn't done this before and all really enjoyed it. Went round to Fievels playground to let the kids play for a minute or two. No queue on Nuthouse Coaster so went on there with the girl whilst the boy stayed with his dad. Then it was round to The Simpsons.

As previously mentioned, my husband is a bit of a scaredy cat - he doesn't like simulators, rides that spin, go upside down or go too fast (he rides a sports motorbike daily to work so I'm not sure where this comes from) and he also had a tiny little irregular heart beat problem a few years back, nothing serious but enough to make the signs "do not ride if you have had a heart problem" make him wonder - so until we could persuade him otherwise the kids and I rode alone. Again a first for us and after a queue of around 30 mins we really enjoyed it. Get knocked about a fair bit though but its still a very clever ride.

Snack stop for the boy then over to Amity for a ride on Jaws - the guy driving our boat was really good with the crowd - we were in the front row too. Kids were a little scared again.

After a stop for some cake for me (couldn't resist the San Francisco Pastry Shop) we went on Disaster - first time ride again. Really liked this, kids were impressed. Wanted to go on again (you will soon realise where the report name came from )

A stop at the Candy Store before going on The Mummy with the girl. She didn't like it one bit. Haven't found my coaster buddy yet but I'll work on her later.

After The Mummy we went to Twister. Ethan was a little scared at the end and dubious when the cow started floating by lol. Last time he was still in a pushchair so he stayed at the side where there was no motion.

Next up was Jimmy Neutron followed by Shrek. Both first time rides and enjoyed both. Ethan didn't want to leave Jimmy Neutron and wanted to go straight back on. I thought he was going to stage a sit-in at one point, he was still sitting in his seat when the next lot of riders started filing in .

We left park at closing (5pm) and went to Pastamore for tea. We used Kids Eat Free cards (which we got thrown in when we ordered our tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct).

Visit to Wal-Mart on the way home for breakfast goodies.

Early night for early start (will explain about that tomorrow ).

Todays main spends:
IHOP - Split Decision (eggs, bacon, sausages, french toast and pancakes), Strawberry/Banana Pancake Combo (pancakes with strawberry & banana, eggs, hash browns and sausages (on a separate plate for Ethan), Kids Smiley Face Pancake, 1 large coffee, 1 large OJ, 1 small applejuice and kids chocolate milk = $31.82
Universal - Souvineer Cup = $7.45, Soda Refill & Doritos = $3.71, Soda Refill & Mocha Pyramid = $5.42, Cotton Candy & Sherbit 18" Tube = $8.74
Pastamore - two pasta dishes, 2 kids buffet meals (had to pay $2 extra charge on top of kids eat free cards), 2 kids drinks, 3 adult drinks - $50 including tip

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010

Edited at 06:28 PM.
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 10, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
liverbird
VIP Dibber

Great day Cheryl. Must be difficult being the only one that really likes coaster rides.
Old 30 Oct 10, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Sounds like a great day at US, was pastamore any good i've never been?
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 10, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by macdonald88 View Post
Sounds like a great day at US, was pastamore any good i've never been?
We all enjoyed the food. My veggie one was a little bland but still nice enough. Waiting staff wasn't great, he liked his other table better cos it had two young ladies sitting there lol.

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 10, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day
Old 1 Nov 10, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bones78 View Post
We all enjoyed the food. My veggie one was a little bland but still nice enough. Waiting staff wasn't great, he liked his other table better cos it had two young ladies sitting there lol.
cheeky waiter lol, think i may have a look at a menu see if dh fancies it, thanks!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 10, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

lovely day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

great day L
Old 10 Nov 10, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Excellent day at Universal my DSs favourite park.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great day !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List