Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Oct 10, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That was good, can we ride again - Day 6

Day Six - Wednesday, 6th October 2010
Islands of Adventure

We didn't get out of bed til after 8am today so later start.

Arrived at Universal, parked up and walked the 500 miles to the entrance. Got to the park and went anti-clockwise starting at Suess Landings. This was first time for my hubby at this park as he missed it last time. I brought the refillable cup we purchased at Universal Studios and filled that up and bought Churros (buy one get one half price). Quite yummy, have never tried these before.

We did Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Caro-seuss-el and Trolley Train Ride before hubby and the kids stopped for lunch.

On past Poseidon (not much happening there, missed the show time so kept moving onwards).

Stopped in awe at the arch for Hogsmeade. At this point it would be a good idea to tell you that I am a bit of a Potter fan and this was a big, big thing for me. We walked through Hogsmeade (ah so brilliant). Didn't go on any rides, saving that for another day but it was all very wonderful to see. Tooks lots of snaps and video footage and just stood around enjoying the atmosphere. I'm a Potter fan as are the kids, but my hubby isn't very keen and hasn't seen all the films or read any of the books so I think he got a bit bored of me ooohing and aahing at everything, although he hid it pretty well.

Through to Jurrasic Park. Kids didn't fancy River Ride (the boy was too short and the girl was too scared) so went for the Pteranodon Flyer instead which was fine cos I'd done River Ride last time and it quite frankly scared me a little.

A mini-drama followed; my daughter was told she was too tall to ride (a first for us - usually its our son who is too small - never had a problem the other way round before). So off went hubby and boy leaving the girl in tears. "I've waited to ride that for 2 years" she wailed (queue was over an hour and a half in 2008 so we by-passed this ride). The Universal staff man with the height stick called her over and told her that as she was so upset, as she was only an inch over the height limit and wanted to ride so badly he would take her up the exit when he changed shift positions and let her and I ride together. This put a smile on her face. He told her she would have to wait around 20 mins until the staff changover. Whilst waiting we all got chatting and she was telling him about our 9 hour flight to get there. He gave her 6 express passes, one for each of us and 2 for her and I to use on River Adventure to keep us occupied until he could sneak us on the ride. At this point we gave him huge smiles and thanked him again but didn't tell him my daughter was too scared to ride. So we came up with a cunning plan - or so it seemed at the time. We stood in the splash zone to get wet (the looks I got, as the only adult standing there, from the on-lookers) and then went back and told the height stick man with the heart of gold how great the ride was (a little white lie surely wouldn't hurt anyone?). A family came along who were using a disabled card and also needed to use the Exit to ride and he radiod for a member of staff to take them and us up. We got to the Exit just before my hubby and son were about to ride (he didn't understand what was going on). We rode and my daughter was a very happy girl (for an 80 second ride - I just don't get my kids sometimes) So huge thanks and big hugs for the Universal IOA height stick man who was lovely and kind to my daughter .

Anyhoo, on through Toon Lagoon (no-one wanted to get too wet so didn't ride anything there). My hubby enjoyed himself by soaking others on bilge-rat barges however.

Used our Express Passes for Spiderman. My son wasn't tall enough last time to ride so this was a first for all of us and the main ride my son had been looking forward to. Really enjoyed it but found it quite bumpy.

Continued in next post ...

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010

Edited at 06:51 PM.
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 10, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Day 6 - Islands of Adventure continued ...

I then took some brave pills and went on the Hulk all by my lonesome (I had my sister and nephew with me last time round but couldn't persuade the girl to come on - I forgot how fast it went). Still my fave coaster ever!

Ended the park day with a spin on Storm Force before heading to Hard Rock Cafe for tea. Only had to wait around 10/15 mins. Was very yummy (although kids didn't eat much) and hubby enjoyed the scenery.

No pudding at Hard Rock as I was planning on going to Cinnabon (after reading the Dibb I was expecting it to be yummy but I wasn't very keen - preferred the one from Disney to be honest). Frappa from Starbucks, stop at Target & Publix for some essentials then home by back of 10pm.

Todays main spends:
Seuss Icee - 2 Churros, refill soda = $5.63
Cirkus McGurkus - Chicken sandwich, cheese burger, cheese pizza, medium soda and bottle powerade = $28.28
Hard Rock Cafe - 1 kids hotdog meal, 1 kids chicken meal, 1 chicken fajitas, 1 veg fajitas, 1 bud, 1 soda = $60.64 (no note of tip but assume it was around 20%)
Cinnabon - Classic = $3.93
Starbucks - 2 frappas = $9.45

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 10, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Great characters pics, that was really nice of the cm to let your dd on the ride and give you some express passes. My dh loves cinnabon
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 10, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

great pics
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 10, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Great trippie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 10, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

That was really nice of the CM to let your daughter ride.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 10, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

great day L
Old 10 Nov 10, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely day !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a lovely thing for the Universal CM to do for you