Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Jan 11, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Christmas 2010 with Mickey - Day 3!

Animal Kingdom, some chilling by the pool & Hollywood Studios!

Another early start thismorning, and it was quite fresh out. We had an ADR at Tusker House at 9.20am, and they had EMHs from 8-9. We headed straight to the park, as we obviously didn’t need breakfast at the hotel. We were at AK by 8.10am so we headed straight to Tusker House to see if they could sit us sooner, and yes they could right away. Result!
We got a really good photo of all us of with Donald before entering, which we did buy and mum has put one in her new frame that came in her memories by Betsy basket.

Couldn’t fault the food in here...it was all really nice and our server was very attentive with the drinks. Try the Jungle Juice it is lovely!
We were visited by Daisy first, then Mickey and goofy was last.

By the time we left it was warming up outside so we headed straight to the Kilimanjaro safari, hoping for a bit more action from all the animals. We only queued for 15mins and for the first time ever on this safari we see the Lion up and about! It does pay to do this early!
Coming off of the safari we then walked the Pangani forest trail. I love the Gorillas and a friend back home wanted a pic of the hippo – yes she is a tad strange!

Baby...

From there we went to watch the festival of the lion king – another firm favourite of us all.
Then we went to Tough to be a bug. This was our first time seeing this, and I was impressed, it was very clever, and the odd little suprise here and there made it a very funny experience.
Dad and I were keen to ride Everest...so we headed over to get fastpasses, however the return time was quite a bit later than what we planned in being in the park for so we joined the stand by line which said 60mins, however we were riding at about 45mins, mum was more than happy to find a spot in the sun and sit and wait. Plus we got front row seat! Woop! Its the little things that excite me haha.
We then all went to ride Dinosaur, yes its cheesy, but come on it is so much fun! The dinosaurs this time were so much louder than I remember...the T-Rex or whatever it was roared right down my ear, the picture was hilarious!

We left Animal Kingdom at 3pm, we’d all had a really good time, but were feeling the need to just stop! Something we hadn’t done since arriving and was much needed. We got back to our hotel around 3.30pm and spent an hour relaxing by the pool, we even went for a little swim!

Ice cream cookie sandwich -

At 5.30 we headed out to Hollywood Studios. Our plan was to arrive for 6ish, and we expected to have to then queue for the 8pm Fantasmic, but nope... we walked straight in and got seated just off the centre block for the 6.30 show. The holiday may have gotten off to a bad start, with the 54hr delay and everything, but it was sure to be going our way at the moment.
We all loved Fantasmic! (How could you not)?!

Then we hopped over to the streets of America to see the Osbourne Lights! WOW they were stunning...we just stood staring at them all for ages. They started to dance about 3mins after we arrived, and we watched them dance on and off about 5 or 6 times. Apparently there were about 20 hidden mickeys throughout...I only found 1 haha.

I don’t remember what time we left, (it wasn’t late) and we didn’t do any rides as we were heading back here tomorrow.

Once back at the hotel we got a large pizza to take back to the room and chilled out infront of the TV before heading to the land of nod.

Edited at 11:43 PM.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Great seats for Fantasmic! We have only ever managed very far left

Glad you had a good day at Animal Kingdom. We have booked Donalds Safari Breakfast, so I am glad you thought the food was good and I will definitely try the jungle juice.

Looking forward to the pictures

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Love the trip report. We love Donalds safari breakfast - going back this year for some more jungle juice!
PenguinPatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

We really enjoyed breakfast at Tusker House too and my Dad couldn't resist the pic with Donald

You had great seats for Fantasmic, we were 2nd row from the front and kept getting wet from the spray off the fountains - the effects didn't work very well from there either, will try and get better seats next time x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Another great day! I love the jungle juice at TH! Very yummy!

I'd love to see the Osbourne Family lights, the photos I've seen look amazing! Looking forward to seeing yours!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ThumperThistle
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day. Christmas lights at home are never the same once you've seen the Osbourne Lights.
97,98: ASMu. 99,00,02: ASMo. 03: CB.04: POR,WL,POFQ.05: French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Dolphin. 06: Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk. 07: Royal Pacific, Swan. 08: Pop Century, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge. 09: Pop Century, Royal Pacific, Riverside, Beach Club.10: Coronado Springs,Contemporary,Hard Rock,Beach Club. 11: Coronado Springs,Hard Rock,Bay Lake,Yacht Club. 12: Old Key West. 13:OKW 14: OKW. 15: OKW. 16: Boardwalk. 17: POFQ 18:BC. 19: POFQ
ThumperThistle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 11, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Pics added.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 11, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Fab and lovely pics too! Am lovin reading your report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 11, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

fab day
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 11, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
another great day, really like your pics