Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jan 11, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Christmas 2010 with Mickey - Day 4!

Hollywood Studios, more chill time & DTD!

Today we were up around 7am, had some breakfast in the foodcourt and then headed to Hollywood studios for opening at 9am.

We went straight to Rock n Roller coaster and got fast passes, our return time was between 10.50 & 11.50am, we then went and rode Tower of Terror with only a 10min wait. When we came off it was still only showing a 10min wait time, so we went and rode again! This is one of my fave rides in WDW!

After TOT we wandered some of the shops... we were not concerned about getting on all the rides etc this holiday, for us it was more about taking in the atmosphere.
After a bit of shopping, mum and I both bought a bag and purse each, we went to see Beauty & the Beast...this was top of my HS bucket list. Beauty & the Beast is my fave disney film!
I LOVED this show, is was so bright and colourful! We walked in about 15mins before show start time and picked seats at the back on a aisle, as we needed to get out quick to get to RnR before our fastpass expired.

We rode RnR after queuing 10mins with our fastpasses. This was way faster and so much more exciting than I remembered it being in 2008!

Next we headed towards the new Toy Story ride, I was hoping to either ride or get fast passes, but the queue was over 200mins and the fastpasses were all gone (I kind of expected this so although I was a little dissapointed I was prepared)
So we went and did the Backlot tour, I know I'm 22 but I still got excited to see the chicken hut from the Hannah Montana movie lol.
While we were queing for the backlot tour (10 mins again) I started to feel really ill. We got loaded on the tram and I just went goosebumpy and felt really drained. I didnt want to worry mum and dad so kept quiet.

After riding the backlot tour, dad wanted to go and catch the Indiana Jones stunt show. So we marched over as it was due to start in 20mins. We walked straight in and got seated a few rows from the back with a good view. At this point I thought I was going to pass out. I had to tell my parents just incase and of course they worried. I decided I'd be fine, but needed to go eat and drink right after the show finished.
Indiana Jones was entertaining, I'm not really a fan, but I do like the comedy they throw into this show.

Once finished we decided to go to the ABC commissary for some lunch. It was almost 2pm by now, so I think my body just needed some fuel. I went through 3! bottles of water, and ate a lovely burger which had fried shrimp on top, mum and dad ate the same. I did then feel a little brighter, however we all agreed that it wasnt worth pushing it any further. Especially as we were out in Downtown Disney again later tonight.

The weather was good again, so when we got back to the hotel at about half 3, we went back down by the pool. I feel asleep, and the nap did do me a world of good.

This was what we could see of the piano pool from outside our room:

I had a nice shower and actually did my hair all nicely to go out for our Christmas eve meal. I was defo feeling more human again now.

We headed to downtown disney at 6pm ish. Had a good wander around the world of disney, Trend and the christmas shop. Our ADR at T-Rex cafe was at 8.10pm, however again we were there earlier and they seated us right away. We were in the Ice age section which I was worried would be freezing haha, but it was fine.
The meteor showers every 20mins were somewhat amusing!
Dad loved it in here.

Dad had the Boneyard buffett.
Mum had the fish and waffle fries.
I had a half rack of ribs and waffle fries.

Finally some food pics for you haha...

All were really really tasty, we were too full for dessert... the chocolate extinction looked amazing though!

We left at around 9pm, I popped back into Trend to buy a couple of items of clothing that caught my eye in there, then we headed back to our hotel to open presents!

My dads face when he opened his ticket for the hot air balloon ride... PRICELESS! OMG I wish I had recorded it. He couldnt believe it, and its the most excited I have seen him in soooo long! It was a great moment, none of us could stop smiling! I love you dad, and you deserved that so much! xxx
My mum too was very happy with her tickets to Cirque du Soliel. Love you mum! xxx

I too had a few little gifts to open... mum and dad had got me some minnie mouse slipper socks and a tinkerbell belly bar. I already had new GHDs from them back home plus money, and I'd already had my Mickey sleepsuit from them, so these little gifts were a suprise and much appreciated. Not only that but when we got home, they suprised me with a HUGE minnie mouse which had been on sale in the disney store before Christmas... I hinted but never in a million years thought they'd actually get it!

Anyways...we all layed in bed for a little while watching TV before called it a night.
Christmas Day tomorrow!
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 11, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Another great day, apart from you feeling poorly. You sounded quite dehydrated. The kip at the pool served you well. I am pleased your dad was happy with his balloon ride.

Great photos. Look forward to your Christmas Day Report.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Brody
Excited about Disney

I love your trip report so far, glad you started to feel better after your nap.

On two ocassions I have developed a cold a couple of days into our holiday and it's a pain but Walgreens sell some great cold remedies.

Can't wait to read more, keep them coming
Brody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Excellent day apart from you not feeling well. Look forward to reading the next installment.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ThumperThistle
Apprentice Imagineer

Great photos
97,98: ASMu. 99,00,02: ASMo. 03: CB.04: POR,WL,POFQ.05: French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Dolphin. 06: Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk. 07: Royal Pacific, Swan. 08: Pop Century, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge. 09: Pop Century, Royal Pacific, Riverside, Beach Club.10: Coronado Springs,Contemporary,Hard Rock,Beach Club. 11: Coronado Springs,Hard Rock,Bay Lake,Yacht Club. 12: Old Key West. 13:OKW 14: OKW. 15: OKW. 16: Boardwalk. 17: POFQ 18:BC. 19: POFQ
ThumperThistle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

great trip reports so far cannot wait for the next ones. I always go funny with not enough sleep or food, I guess you may have actually started to relax after all your stress of being delayed. x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 11, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww, your parents had no idea in the end about their surprises then... fab
Can't wait to read more about your Christmas with Mickey

PS I think I bought out the Crocs store today... still didn't manage to get some like yours tho
Old 10 Jan 11, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Aww shame you were abit ill! Sounds like you perked up though. Lookingforward to the rest of your trip report.
Old 10 Jan 11, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
It is so easy to forget to eat and drink when we are taking in everything Disney.

Apart from feeling ill sounds like you had a great day and glad your parents liked their presents
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 11, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MEZZA
Imagineer

MEZZA's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Another lovely day. looks like you sat at the same table as us in the ice room at T-rex

MEZZA is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List