Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jan 11, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Christmas 2010 with Mickey - Day 8!

Today was jam packed with nothing but fun!

Balloon Flight, Hollywood Studios, Disneys Boardwalk & Epcot!

Although we were up early today, we were feeling refreshed and ready to go!

We were up at 5am. Orlando Balloon Adventures were picking us up at 5.45am.
We were driven to their offices, where we had to sign paperwork, before heading to a take off site.
Thismorning was FREEZING! But it did warm up nicely throughout the day.

So we arrive at our take off site (a cement plant) at 6.30am ish, we end up joining forces with Orlando Balloon Rides.

The Balloon Ride, and whole experience was FANTASTIC! And so worth every penny! I paid $149 per person for myself and my dad, on the day my mum decided to join us too, so she paid her $149 out of the food money we didnt use on day 1 and 2 as we were delayed. She is so glad she did it too. I am glad too as I think she would have regretted it if she didnt.
We were up the air for 1hr and 1min and travelled 8 miles lol. We passed Disney World, and could see the contempory and Magic Kingdom in the distance.

We also flew over lots of forest land, and residential areas. Mum & I eyed up a few lovely homes lol.
As well as flying very high, we also flew low enough to just skim the trees below us.

Our reflection in a lake...

It was so peaceful and relaxing, and we didnt even feel cold while we were up high, lower down was cooler.

The chase team waiting for us to land...

We landed on a piece of land surrounded by millionaires homes. The landing was interesting, we were advised how to hold on and to keep our knees bent. We landed heavy, then picked up and bounced a couple more times before landing smack bang in the middle of a road.
Once we were all climbed out, the men had to help get the balloon down, and the women all held the big bag open for them to store it in.

We ended with a champagne and ornage juice (bucks fizz) toast.

We had booked with Orlando Balloon Adventures which dosnt include a buffett breakfast afterwards. Orlando Balloon rides however does. We were invited along to their breakfast at no extra cost to us. BONUS!

After breakfast we were taken back to the offices we started at, where we had to pay, and as part of the package we could each have $10 off any merchandise...if we wanted it.

Dad picked 2 T-shirts at $16 each, so should have paid $22
I picked a Jumper at $20, so should have paid $10
Mum picked a bag at $16, so should have paid $6.

Patour pilot was so generous he gave us the whole lot Free! Then he drove us back to our hotel...we were also supposed to pay $20 for the pick up, but he wouldnt take that either, so thats what we ended up tipping him. We could not fault this whole experience!

Balloon Flight & Orlando Balloon Adventures - 12/10.

We got back to our hotel at 10.45am, we didnt want to end up exhausted by late afternoon so decided to chill out a bit now. We relaxed/napped until 12.30pm, then headed to Hollywood Studios.
We didnt get to see Lights, motors, action on our previous visit and dad wanted to see it so that was the plan.

We all enjoyed it again, however this is the 3rd time I'd watched it and it was losing the wow factor for me...once you know how they pull off the stunts it kinda spoils the fun and excitement of it all.

From here we decided to head to the Boardwalk, and have lunch (desserts) at Beaches & Cream at the beach club.

On our way out of Hollywood Studios we stopped and watched the Block Party Bash that was going by. This was ok, and I loved all the music, but it defo isnt my fave disney parade.
We were noticing how much busier the park was today compared to our visit here last week. Lucky for us, we were prepared for this, and didnt have too many intentions of getting on rides or even being in the parks much this week.

We walked to the boardwalk from Hollywood Studios, it was lovely and quiet and the sun was shining, and it was feeling warm again. Hoodies came off put it that way!
We enjoyed passing a few different hotels, and having a nose around.
We had never been to the boardwalk before, and we thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon there. It was nice to be somewhere relaxing and fairly quiet, knowing what the parks were like.

At the beach club...

We turned up to Beaches & Cream (after trying to find it for about 10mins) and were seated right away.
We debated the Kitchen Sink, but seeing the group of 6 next to us struggle, we thought it'd be a waste as we knew between the 3 of us we'd never finish it.
So dad went for the Banana Split, which he claims is the best dessert he has ever had in his life, and it was huge, and he finished the lot.

Mum and I both went for the Chocolate Mud Slide...which was so yummy.
Mum finished hers, but I let the side down and got full about 2/3s of the way through!

Once we were finished here, we walked through to Epcot, we walked around the world showcase again...it all looks so different in the dark, and took the boat from the world showcase over to futureworld, really for something to do lol.
We had another 2hrs until Illuminations started and people were starting to pick their spots, so we picked ours then took turns going to look in shops, going to get food and drinks etc. Thisevening had turned chilly again so while waiting around we needed the constant supply of hot drinks and fries.

Finally Illuminations started and WOW! On our summer 2008 trip this got cancelled the 2 nights we were in Epcot due to winds from a tropical storm, so we were excited to see this tonight, and it didnt dissapoint! Amazing! The 2 hours waiting seemed to drag on forever but it was so worth the wait.

We left Epcot straight after they finished and were back at our hotel at 10.20pm. Cheaper by the Dozen was on TV so we stayed up and watched that before calling it a night.

We all really really enjoyed ourselves today!
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 11, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, what a packed day... glad you had a great day and that ballon flight was well worth the money for what you got at the end of it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 11, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Awww what a wonderful day.
Fireworks sound amazing.
Beaches and cream... definatley on my list of must do's
x
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 11, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report on a wonderful day.
Old 16 Jan 11, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Glad we weren't the only ones who had trouble finding Beaches and Cream

What a thoroughly enjoyable day. Glad Mum joined in for the Balloon Flight sounds as if you had a fab trip.

Illuminations is amazing and is always a must do for us every trip
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
What an amazing day.
Sounded so much fun from start to finish, and even tho it was so full, nothing seemed rushed, just totally chilled
Old 17 Jan 11, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Great trippy - wow, what a full on day. There's no way I could do the balloon thing and looking at your piccies, I def know I couldnt - scary! Glad you all had a good time.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

glad your mum joined with the balloon flight,the views are amazing...my o/h brother,and bil went on an helicopter ride when we went in 09 and enjoyed doing that..
Old 17 Jan 11, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 11, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

What an excellent day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List