Old 15 Mar 11, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our 1st DVC Stay - LIVE - March 2011 - Day 9

Another late start this morning (thanks to a massive headache for me) saw us eventually leaving around noon and heading off to Coronado Springs for lunch at the Pepper Market - today is officially the checkout day of our first booking (we had to reserve our stay in 3 bookings due to availability) and so all our dining credits had to be used by the end of today. We had enjoyed the Pepper Market so much a couple of evenings ago we decided on a repeat visit which would also give us an opportunity to look around the resort in the daylight.

Something different this time with DH opting for Chilli Burger & Fries followed by a Cherry Danish and an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and I went for the Chicken Mozzarella Sandwich & Fries and took my white chocolate and macademia cookie for later! Another great meal with DH declaring this to be his faourite place we have eaten this trip. At the till we discovered that our snack and quick service credits have been messed up and instead of having 3 snacks and 1 counter service left it was the other way round. This must have happened at Pollo Campero yesterday as the guy was obviously new and really struggled - DH was at the till ages - he must have taken 2 snacks instead of counter service so monetray wise I suppose we gained slightly! When I remebered to take a photo, this was what was left ... oops!

I decided to drive today - I do love driving over here - and DH thinks he is being funny by taking this photo of himself apparently on a thrill ride ... I think it was for the benefit of this report really:

We had planned to head off to Animal Kingdom this afternoon but we wandered round Coronado for a while and decided it was hot and we couldn't be bothered! We find it too busy for us and so less enjoyable to be in parks when wait times are mad so we decided to do our other bits of shopping and so headed off to Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets (a favourite) with a stop at Nike, Lane Bryant and Target first.

On the way down the 192 we decided to have a drive around Celebration as it was something I have always wanted to do but never done and the houses are gorgeous. It was a lovely place for a little look around and if I ever move to Florida, this is where I will be living! If you get a chance go there - it really is the middle America you see on tv and films.

I won't bore you with the shopping details but to suffice to say there was quite a few opportunities for the flexible friend to leave the wallet and I think DH only bought 2 things and the rest were mine ... I'm worth it though!

Missing the MK fireworks was not an option so we had a second go at it tonight arriving in MK around 8pm. Although the streets were busy with people waiting for the parade it was perhaps slightly less busy tonight. First stop was Pecos Bills for dinner to use our unexpected extra credit! They have serve yourself kiosk where everything can be chosen on the screen and this was so much easier. I chose the Taco Salad followed by yogurt and DH the Angus Cheeseburger (yes folks 2 burgers in a day) and the carrot cake. If you've never eaten here it has a toppings bar that includes hot mushrooms and onions as well as the salad ber - really good!

About 8.45 we left and managed to get a spot for the parade just outside Pecos Bills - this is not a favourite parade of mine but it was nice to say a couple of changes since we last saw it in November 2010. Parade over we moved around towards Main Street for the fireworks which as always were excellent - I didn't bother with photos tonight - sorry!

We sat for a while after the fireworks finished, to try and let some of the crush on Main Street die down (MK wasn't closing until 1am but there were still lots of people leaving) and also because my new Asics (remember I bought them a few days ago) have given me a blister on each foot in a seriously awkward place on the edge of my heel and this cominbed with my plantar faciitis ended in tears tonight!

Not long after the fireworks finished the new show, 'The Magic, The Memories and You!' started and WOW is all I have to say . Basically pictures are projected onto the Castle of visitors throughout the day - this to us was not the impressive bit - it was all the animation that appears on the castle. Seriously impressed and made me feel so much better!

We left just after that (but not before using the last snack credit) and the monorail and the boat to the TTC lines were rammed, so we got on the resport monorail and only had to wait a few minutes (TIP: the resort monorail stops at the ttc and usually has less of a line) and then in the line for the tram back to the car DH got us in the line with the double seat and we only had to wait 2 trams (TIP2: check which line has the double seating (usually front) and join this line - it moves so much quicker! )

Back to SSR via the 24 hour Starbucks for a coffee as the resort shop shuts at 11pm and again no parking near our room so DH dropped me off with all the bags.

Tomorrow - the bank, off property eating (yay), packing and relaxing at SSR to repair my feet!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 11, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 11, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Busy day for you all.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 11, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
LoMaddy
Trying for More Ears

Driving is the one thing i really want to do but I just dont have the courage. I think you are very brave!
LoMaddy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 11, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
another great day...i like the idea of the visitors being projected onto the castle
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 11, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Super day !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 11, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Originally Posted by LoMaddy View Post
Driving is the one thing i really want to do but I just dont have the courage. I think you are very brave!

It really is so easy over here - cars are all automatic and it is basically straight roads. Have a go next time you are in US - you'll wonder what you've been missing!

Originally Posted by pudg View Post
another great day...i like the idea of the visitors being projected onto the castle
I can't describe how good the show was! Disney does it again - another unmissable show!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 11, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
great day
Old 8 Apr 11, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Poor you and your feet, hope it didn't spoil the rest of the holiday too much.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List