VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What are you wearing to the Airport - DAY 11 Seaworld

Seaworld DAY 11 – Tuesday 14th September 2010

Orlando Villa

Weather 93 Degrees HOT

I awake at 6.30am to the smell of coffee brewing, I join Michael in the TV room and have OJ and muffins whilst watching the news, I’m astounded to hear that so far this year 47 children have died in hot cars in the states! How the hell do you forget or think it will be ok to leave a child alone in a car, let alone in hot car with no AC, it made me very angry. The very next news story was of a woman who had left her baby in a stroller in a hot garage with a Rottweiler! Mum of the Year candidate right there!

We arrive at Sea world at opening time I have meticulously applied factor 70 to my face and feet, and factor 30 everywhere else lol!

I am so looking forward to riding on Manta, last time we were here it was days away from opening and now its ... SHUT, oh well maybe another day

Here is what it should have looked like and I should have been on it

On to Kraken, it was a walk on and as good as ever. Although Michael felt a bit sick!

Onto Atlantis, was a walk on and we had a whole log to ourselves, I really enjoyed this ride despite getting wet through, we even bought the photo.

Next Horizons, I really loved this show it made me feel a bit emotional, it was very well done.

Tummy is now rumbling so after a brief wander through the shark encounter we decide to eat at Voyagers Smoke House we shared a BBQ platter it was really good and huge!

We continued onto Shamu’s harbour and played on all manner of kids toys onwards to Wild Artic, we walked through this as the ride makes Michael feel sick, we really enjoyed the walk through.

At 12:15 we head towards Shamu Stadium for the ‘Believe’ show, the stadium is filling up fast and we go towards the back, every seat is a good one in this stadium, so I wasn’t concerned where we sat. At the very beginning of the show all military personnel past and present were asked to stand and everyone applauded, at this point Michael and I had the biggest lumps in our throats, we both felt this was lovely thing for Seaworld to do a very nice touch.

The show I felt was very lack lustre, too schmaltzy both in music and message, a little over baked with an extra helping of cheese! I remember sitting in this stadium years ago when the whales just did their thing and we all watched in awe, and I still did when the whales got to participate, just as the show is coming to an end we sneak out.

The plan was to go home, shower and then drive to the Florida Mall, but Michael convinces me that I look fine despite my hair looking like an explosion in a mattress factory I agree when I remember I have skirt in the boot ... wait ... sorry in the ‘Trunk’ that I can change into. I changed in the car park, sorry to anyone that got an eye full that day

Sat Nav programmed, air con set to stun we are on our way! We both down two bottle of water on the way, it’s a hot day and it’s easy to dehydrate. We cherry pick the shops we want to visit as trawling around every store is my idea of hell. Macy’s Dillards A&F Hollister and Old Nay are all on my hit list I’m shopping for me and for the kids as well.

Next it’s off to try Manny’s after reading so much about it on The Dibb we decide to put it to the test, it did not disappoint and i can see what all the fuss is about. The service the atmosphere and more importantly the food are all top notch the portions are HUGE and delicious. A nice touch is that the salads are prepared at the table, I am now a convert to ranch dressing, which I thought I hated, but it’s delicious!

At the next table a party from the north east of England were seated they all had very strong Geordie accents and both Michael and I almost intervened to help the server with their drinks order, we could understand both sides of the conversation but neither party could understand each other, and what followed was a very funny five minutes of speaking slowly and pointing. The guy was trying to order a Southern Comfort and Coke – but Soooothancomfat just wasn’t translating. Eventually he settled for a Jack Daniels.

Our food arrived we shared a Coconut shrimp appetiser, then I had a steak and half rack of ribs combo, Michael had a full rack of ribs, the food was wonderful, but neither one of us despite our very best efforts including button opening, made much headway into the mountainous portions. There was no other option but to admit defeat and ask for a large doggy bag – that’s tomorrows lunch and dinner sorted!

We stopped at a Target on the way home for some bits and bobs, then back to the villa for drinks round the pool and a review of our purchases followed by a swim and a soak in the hot tub

I decided I needed to practice pack all our new purchases to ensure we came in under the new weight restrictions, so far so good!

Comfy Bed

We rounded the evening off with watching the goggle box and then off to sleep by 10pm

Edited at 10:28 AM.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 11, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
That was a good day with a nice meal to round it off. Fab,
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 11, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Great day - glad you enjoyed your meal at Manny's - its one of our favourite places to eat ! The salad is amazing
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 11, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Little Bob
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying your trippie, so glad you've updated.
Little Bob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 11, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
added some more photos
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 11, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Lovely day - looking forward to tring Manny's in a few weeks...

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 11, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Seaworld ,shopping and Mannys = perfecto !

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 11, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chris5117
Imagineer

Great day, good work with the shopping

Chris, Lorraine, Molly & Zack
chris5117 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 11, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Lovely day - looking forward to tring Manny's in a few weeks...
You will love it!
Old 22 May 11, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
great trip report and some cool pics