Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Disney & Beyond June 2011 Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

28 June 2011

CAST

Me - Lynn 46 - holiday organiser. Looking forward to everything especially time together;
DH - Philip 48 - leaves it all to me. Looking forward to spending time at the Gulf coast;
DS - Luke 12 - loves everything about Florida. Looking forward most to Sea World;
DD - Rachel 11 - takes forever to get moving. Looking forward most to getting there and being warm.

Day 3

Another early start today as we have an ADR for Tusker House. After talking about it last night, Luke decided he wanted to come for this character breakfast. I think me going on about the huge strawberries I had eaten at Crystal palace had a lot to do with it.

All 4 of us were ready and out in the car in record time. We had a nice straightforward drive and parked near the entrance without any hassle. An easy few minutes walk saw us in the queue at the ADR early entrance gate. This morning, unlike yesterday, they were checking that everyone had an ADR before letting people into the park. I guess it’s easier to do it here as there is only one place to have early ADRs.

Animal Kingdom is one place where I find myself scanning the ground as I walk. I have read reports of people seeing snakes here and as I have a huge phobia of snakes I dread the thought that I might meet one. Anyway, I’m pleased to say that my anxious scanning kept the snakes at bay and we made it to Tusker House without incident. I gave our names and we were told to line up behind the family in front and have our picture taken with Donald.

I took a couple of Rachel with Donald and let the CM take a professional shot of the 4 of us. I had no intention of buying this as I think the individual pics are a bit of a rip off. I love getting photopass pics done and having them on CD but the $25+ photos at the restaurants irks me.

Here’s one I took of Rachel and Donald:

Anyway after our photo shoot, we were quickly seated by our server. We were given the usual advice to sit the kids at the outside for character photos. Luke rolled his eyes at this and said he’d sit on the inside and Philip could sit on the outside. Our server told us we’d have time to visit the buffet before the characters arrived.

Like Crystal Palace Tusker House has a good selection. I got a bit confused and ended up at the kids section. It was only when the American family next to me started ushering their kids to get “tater tots” that I realised what I’d done. Luckily no one cares. The only disappointment at Tusker House, at least on the day we visited, was that the fruit selection wasn’t as good as Crystal Palace. Luke was particulary disappointed that there were no strawberries.

Here’s some of what the 4 of us ate.

The character interaction here was great. We saw Mickey, Daisy and Goofy in that order. Mickey was happy just to meet Rachel at first but then he decided Luke should also have his pic taken with him. Luke reluctantly obliged and he then decided that he would have his picture taken if the characters asked him but only if they asked him. Oh the joys of an almost teenage boy.

Daisy posed with Rachel and was happy for Luke to ignore her but took a shine to Philip…. I wasn’t sure whether to be jealous or not so it took me all of two or three seconds to decide that she could have him! Sadly those three seconds were too long and she changed her mind so I’m still stuck with him. The video is amusing, but I’m afraid your stuck with this pic which isn’t quite as good.

Lastly we met Goofy and he was as goofy as always. He made sure Luke posed for a picture and gave Rachel a huge cuddle.

During breakfast the CM brought the photographs the photo pass guy had taken. They were really nice so I decided to buy them after all. I know I moaned about this earlier but hey -we’re on holiday after all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060739.jpg
Views:	1898
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	34886   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060740.jpg
Views:	1920
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	34887   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060741.jpg
Views:	1913
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	34893   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060747.jpg
Views:	1902
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	34894   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060748 (2).jpg
Views:	1926
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	34895  

Name:	P1060750.jpg
Views:	1906
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	34896   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060751.jpg
Views:	1901
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	34897  

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 11, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Tummy’s full we waddled out of Tusker House and stood at the rope by the Kilimanjaro Safari waiting on opening. I amused myself by taking some atmospheric pictures…

Just before 9, we saw a huge crowd walking down behind us. The CMs in front told those of us at the rope that we’d have to wait till they reached us before they dropped the rope. Surprisingly the groups around us started behaving in an un Disney fashion and complained about this. The CM at the opposite side to us, gave in and walked backwards with her end of the rope. Needless to say everyone else moved up that way before our CM walked backwards too. We were on our way.

We walked smartly and were soon meandering through the Kilimanjaro queuing area. We were trailed by some of the family of a tall, loud Texan in front of us. What a disappointment his family were to him. He had to turn every few seconds and shout right in our faces “C,mon Bud! ”;……….. “Let’s move it! ”…………… “C’MON! ”

I felt so sorry for him - NOT. It was only the fact that I was feeling full of Disney magic after our character breakfast that stopped me pointing out the rudeness of his behaviour. As we reached the front of the line. Mr Texan decided that he wanted to ride up front so he had to wait for his family and go in the jeep behind us. I have to say we were very disappointed to leave him behind.

Anyway, back on track, we were in the first jeep out and saw lots of animals. Despite putting my camera onto sports mode as suggested by the jeep driver I didn’t get that many good photos. Here are a couple.

After we came off the safari the boys ran on to get us Fast Passes for Expedition Everest and have their first ride without us. Rachel and I followed behind. We stopped briefly to pose with Baloo and King Louis. After that, Rachel started complaining her tummy was sore. This is a common complaint and one that has dogged her through the years whenever we get near Expedition Everest. I told her not to worry and that if her tummy was still sore we would leave the boys and go off on our own for a while. This seemed to perk her up a bit. We sat and watched trains come down the mountain whilst we waited for Philip and Luke.

Luke was on a bit of a high when they joined us. He really enjoys this ride and was keen for all 4 of us to ride. Rachel was having none of it which was a shame for Luke; but knowing how my daughter can cry for Scotland when it suits her, I decided that it was best for us to go off on our own. We left the boys and agreed to meet them in a couple of hours.

We wandered down to Camp Minnie Mickey. This is a great area for wee, and not so wee, ones to meet the characters. We met: Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Donald, Meeko, Pocahontas and Thumper & Miss Bunny. Here are a few pics…

After the characters Rachel decided to have a tattoo put on. She then wanted to buy a soft toy. She set a personal record as it only took 10 minutes cuddling the toys and debating which one to buy. In case you’re wondering she settled on Pluto. By now it was time to meet the boys.

Neither of them looked particularly happy as we joined them. Luke said he had a headache and Philip was complaining about feeling sick having ridden Expedition Everest 4 times. This didn’t bode well. Rachel showed Philip her Pluto and Philip said he’d seen Pluto over in Dino land. I took Rachel to get his autograph and left the boys to chill for a bit.

When we returned they said that they still didn’t feel great but that they would suffer through It’s Tough To Be A Bug. Whilst waiting, I took the obligatory 3D glasses picture…

You can see just how happy Luke is in this picture

I love ITTBAB - it’s just so funny with some great effects. It’s a shame it doesn’t have better warning for wee ones, there were quite a few kids crying during the showing we attended.

After the show had finished the boys decided to call it quits. Seriously they have no stamina! At this point I was wishing we had stayed at a Disney Hotel. That’s the first time in visiting Disney that I have ever thought that. But had we been staying on site. The boys could have left and Rachel and I could have continued our day. Ho Hum, it wasn’t to be.

We drove back to the villa, stopping off at Subway en-route and we spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool. We ate dinner in the villa and spent the night in the games room.

We had a fairly early night as tomorrow we were heading to EPCOT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1060752.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	34898   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060753.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	34899   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060756.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	34900   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060759.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	34901   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060784.jpg
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	34902  

Name:	P1060793.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	34903   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060798.jpg
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	34904   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060801.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	34905   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060808.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	34906  

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island

Edited at 05:37 PM.
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 11, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
A really great day! Good thing you got away from the crazy guy in the safari queue :p
Old 13 Aug 11, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Super day - shame the boys were not feeling too good We have tusker house booked for our first morning - cannot wait!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 11, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Ah great stuff Lynn have been waiting for your next installment - great read shame about boys not feeling to good.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 11, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

What a nice day
keith1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 11, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Great day!
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 11, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
redjack
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 27
Guidebook Photos: 1460
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I know exactly what you mean about snakes

Jackie
redjack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 11, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Lovely day, really enjoying your reports so far
Jockey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 11, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So sorry the boys weren't feeling too good! Must be catching up with you

xx