Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
HOT HOT Honeymoon with the new Mr H - June 11 - Day 11

We made a rather newbie mistake today and did something really un-dibber like

WE HAD A LIE IN!

Just like in Vegas I felt like I’d hit a wall, despite my alarm going off at 7.45 as planned I ‘snoozed’ until 10.30. It hadn’t been so busy yesterday why should today be any different?

Just to show HOW different it really was I’m going to start today’s report with a photo of myself late in the day which I think just about sums up how wrong today went

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

By the time we’d emerged from our Hotel and walked to the entrance we realised our mistake, BIG queue!

Once in we made our way to California Adventure, we didn’t intend on riding anything, I just needed to pick up fast passes for World of Colour. Getting the tickets was chaos, the queuing area was very small and you had people queuing on both sides for WOC tickets and River Rapid tickets not really knowing which side they were suppose to be one.

We ended up in the ‘blue section’ for the later showing, which suited us as we could head over after Dinner. We would have ridden the river rapids but it has just broken down so instead I grabbed a fast pass to use later in the day and headed out towards Disneyland.

Today was hot and everything looked very busy ☹

We wandered past a few rides but they all had wait times of over 40 minutes, which is our unofficial cut off point. Eventually after wandering around without a real plan we headed towards Thunder mountain and waited until my river rapids fast pass time came around so we could grab one for thunder mountain. Fast Pass grabbed we headed towards the Matterhorn.

The wait time said 60 minutes but we were beginning to realise that unless we got in a queue regardless of the size we wouldn’t be riding anything at this rate!

It turned out to be a lot more than 60 minutes and when we neared the end a young couple jumped the railings in between Adam and I, my blood was about to boil by this point and despite Adam trying to calmly drag me back I made a point of elbowing the guy out of the way and pulling Adam forward. If they were behind me they weren’t my problem but I was still rather annoyed by it and had to bite my tongue to stop myself from commenting.

The ride was ok but it certainly wasn’t worth the long wait.

A wander into Tomorrowland confirmed our suspicions that the park was getting even busier, the queue for Star tours was over 90 mins and I overheard a couple saying that the fastpasses ran out in 20 minutes that morning, MADNESS!

Deciding that none of the rides in Tomorrowland were worth the extremely long waits (who’d wait 70mins for Buzz!) we tried to make our way back to Thunder Mountain. We ended up going via Toontown and got a bit lost.

The lack of rides and constant walking was starting to take it toll now and we still hadn’t had any lunch ☹

My grumpy Dibber face was starting to appear…

Eventually we found our way out of toontown and over the Big Thunder Mountain to use the fast pass, guess what? Shut because of technical difficulties, great…

It was the same story at Indiana so we decided to put the morning down to experience and try and enjoy the rest of the day over at California Adventure.

We headed first over to the fast food place by Soaring and grabbed a Chicken Pieces meal and a coke each and found some shade.

Fed and watered I perked up a bit and went into the pin trader shop opposite. Since arriving I’d seen an Ariel pin on a few lanyards and wanted to know if it was a cast member pin or just one you purchased, since I’d never yet seen it on a cast member (and trust me, if I had seen it I would have jumped them!). It turned out it was one of a set given to visitors who booked via the vacation club, great I wouldn’t be getting that any time soon then ☹

Since we had the fast pass we thought we’d try for the river rapids…. It was down for Maintenance… WAS EVERYTHING NOT WORKING TODAY?!?!?!

We managed instead to get two rides on TOT in the space of 2 hours before we decided Disney when busy was just not for us and headed towards the exit. We saw on our way out that the river rapids were now working, HURRAH! So we handed over our fast passes and joined the line. After 10 minutes, just as we were getting toward the end, guess what happened…

YEP!

IT WENT DOWN AGAIN!

And that’s where this picture comes from ;P

I was all ready to give up right about now but a cast member explained that we’d have to wait while they unloaded the passengers in the boats since they were first priority and then they would help us out and give us a new fast pass. I could see her point but that didn’t make the 20 minute wait any easier. It was worth it in the end though as we were given a fast pass which we could use on any ride (except star tours, I wonder why!) on any day in either of the parks.

Deciding the fast pass would be wasted today considering our current mood we decided instead to call it a day and head out for some Dinner.

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 11, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
As we’d eaten rather late again we decided to grab a quick burger from Johnny Rockets since I’d read such good things about them on the Dibb

I had a simple Cheese Burger

Adam had one with BBQ sauce, cheese and Bacon

As we weren’t eating much we both decided to have milkshakes. Unlike the main menu the milkshake menu had a calorie count on it, which was very eye opening. Since getting back I’ve been asking people how many they think were in my milkshake.

I had Chocolate and Banana and Adam had the cherry

They were both AMAZING, but then I would expect them to be at over 1200 Calories EACH!

To put that into perspective my current post honeymoon diet only allows me to have that many PER DAY. I think I’m starting to realise why I can no longer do up the top button of my jeans after this trip :/

Milkshakes and burgers consumed the sun was just starting to fade as we headed back out towards the parks. I couldn’t face Disneyland again today so instead we headed back into California Adventure.

We managed a quick ride on ITTBAB

Before taking advantage of the darkness and riding TOT a few times as it should be

On the way over to the meeting spot a teenage girl started pointing at us and nudging her friend (oh god another girl who has a friend who looks just like Adam and wants a photo, I hope not!). They walked past but two minutes later the girl and her friend came running up behind me. Turns out I had a pin on my lanyard she’d been looking for for ages, would I swap. She showed me her pins but there really wasn’t anything I wanted and I explained I only really want to swap it for one I wanted more as I really liked it. No problem her friend had LOADS more and out came a mass of more lanyards from her bag (I can’t judge, I would be this bad if I were a local). And there is was, the pin I’d been looking for since I got there. THAT ONE THAT ONE! I screamed, and the swap was done. My first ambushed trade ☺

At the allocated time of 9.10 we headed over to the Golden Vine Winery, which was the meeting place for the ‘blue’ section. At first I thought we’d missed the show and got the timings wrong as I could see it taking place which spoiled it a little, but no this was the right place. It was a little confusing though and I felt very sorry for the cast member at the end of the line who must have answered the same question of “is this the right place?” every few seconds.

Despite this I have to admire how well they managed getting everyone into position so quickly and with minimum fuss. While waiting in the queue we met a lovely American family with two young girls who were seeing it for the third time and were telling us what to watch for. Apparently the splash zone was to be avoided!

Eventually we were let in and I didn’t think the view was very good…

Then I saw a sign for the wet zone which had EXCELLENT views so I headed over there instead ;P

As the show started I started to regret this decision since I didn’t have a jacket, only a T-Shirt and there was quite a lot of spray, however my luck was up for the first time all day and the wind made sure that the opposite side got absolutely soaked and we remained bone dry HURRAH!

Here’s some of the shots we managed to get

I thought this was one of the best Disney shows I’ve seen and would definitely like to see it again sometime, maybe it will make it’s way to the lake at Epcot one day soon in some guise.

Once the show finished we made a quick exit. If we were to make sure we were up with the larks and beat the crowds tomorrow we’d have to be early risers.

Continue to Day 12 >>

June 15-Rome & Florence

Edited at 08:37 PM.
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 11, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Yay! You got your pin. Well done.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 11, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I shall treasure it! ;P

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 10 Oct 11, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
noodler
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day thanks for posting.
noodler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 11, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks! More to come tonight, I'm on a roll!

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 11 Oct 11, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh what a shame the parks were so busy, but how fantastic to get the pin you were after

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Good news on your first trade! World of Colour looks amazing
Old 13 Oct 11, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day, shame about the crowds!

xxx
Old 15 Oct 11, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
day 12 posted!

June 15-Rome & Florence