BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Bldy & McGoo Are Going Back To Florida =] Nov11 Day 1

1st November 2011 The Day Before The Day Before

Oooo Its Nearly here
After packing and re packing its finally time to leave and nerves are getting me a bit =]
Waiting for OLCI to open was the longest wait ever, well maybe not as long as the actual planning for for this holiday but it felt pretty long all the same
So POA for today was get our haircuts at 12, pop to Tesco to grab some last bits and Dollars, park our car at my mum and dads then get Scott’s dad to drive us to Gatwick for our hotel =]
Got our dollars $1000 for just under £650 to add to our collection =P
All went to plan and we actually left sunny Maidstone at 3:30 instead of 4:30 as planned. We left earlier because somebody thought it was a clever idea to pour Oil over the M25 so that had to be resurfaced causing delays and we didn’t want to be late.
Luckily Steve(Scotts Dad) had been keeping an eye on the highway website and it had died down by now so we went for it =]
Arrived at about 415 and were happy that we were at the airport =]

I was a bit nervy on the way so tried to keep myself busy by taking a couple of photos =] Now the photos didn’t turn out all that well as I hadn’t got it on the right setting but the fact the flash made Scott and Steve think they had got flashed by a speed camera. I then said ‘Oh No Don’t Worry It Was Me’ and a little while later took another and they both panicked again. It made me chuckle =P
We were both excited now, I have been YoYoing the last few days between scared, nervous and majorly excited! And after a couple of days with restless sleep we both needed to chill out
We walked into the airport and like how they are coming along with the refurb. We have a bit of a giggle as we go past people who have just landed and gloat a little =P However since returning (I wrote this bit on the plane) We did end up being those people in the end so not quite so amusing now =[

We wander round and find the Yotel, its pretty easy to find and you have to go down in a lift but its really cleverly done. The lady on the desk said it was fine to go through even though we were an hour early. Had booked 530pm -730am for £84.50. With the Yotel you basically pay by the hour =P A minimum of 4 hours though so not quite as dodge as it seems

WOW! Don’t you all just love the look of this place? Its so cool!

The bed folded out flat by the press of a button and there were buttons on the side to control the lights which Scott found fun.
We popped our bags in and started to fiddle, had a look at the tv and the movie options, All films were free too so we watched half of ‘Little Fockers’ before deciding to go have a mooch around.

We ended up in Giraffe for dinner and it was really yummy =]
We both had the same , a Rodeo Chicken Burger With skin on fries and lemonades, Scott also had Onion Rings.

Was nice and speedy service which was good because we were peckish, about 5 mins later the server ; Whos name was ‘Magic’ there for the receipt read ‘You were served by Magic’ which I found cool =]. Anyway He came over ‘Hows your burger’s guys?’ to then looked down and see that Scott had already finished his =P Well it must have been good then.
We finished up after about 20 mins and headed off, It came to about £29.55 So we left the money and a tip and were on our way
Popped into boots to grab some shower gel and some Ibroprofen and back down to the Yotel.

Before dinner I had checked in at the Yotel on Facebook and so had fellow dibbers Kylie and Carley so I messaged them to say we were in room 8, they were in room 5 just across the corridor but had gone out to dinner so when they were finished they popped by and said hello for 15mins or so.
Its weird talking to complete strangers but it was all good. We chatted about what we were planning to do, etc. Its highly weird how we were connected by this holiday too.
Scott and Kylie share the same birthday (Which was also our flight day), Carley & I were also having our birthdays there, we were both at the Yotel (Which hadn’t original been Scott & I’s plan but I didn’t know that the girls had it), We were both in the Vroom and originally the girls were gunna be sat 2 seats infront of us but they changed their minds at being at the back.
We are now FB Friends so will keep and eye out on each other.

After that Scott and I watched The new transformers film and fell asleep near the end, I woke up at about 930 and realised that we should stay up a bit longer so I Poked him and we both decided to have a shower and watch a little Tv. We chose RoadWars and watched a couple of episodes and then went to bed about 1130 alarms all set for 630am.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 11, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

what a strange hotel? not seen anything like it! nice though!

can't wait for your next 1
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 11, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Is the room quite small ? How did it compare to the airport hotels?

Good start.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 11, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It is small but thats kinda the point. You can sort of judge the size in one of the photos as you can see my refection in the doorway of the room and the picture of Scott on the bed you can see behind him a wall/blinded window, that is where the room ends. Very clever space saving ideas though, all designed like a cabin on a boat. Fold down table, shelves built in to wall, a small rail for clothing, a storage space under the bed for luggage and all glass and light colours to let the most light in.
I have never stayed in any other airport hotels so cant quite compare but it is right by the costa coffee etc by the arrivals area so is really conveinient.
Very clever and we loved it, not for familys but couples/friends ideal. There is also a curtain that can be pulled across so you cant see the other person in the shower/loo etc
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 11, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing start to your holiday

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 11, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
It's very different that hotel, I love it! Shame there isn't one at Manchester Airport
Old 21 Nov 11, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Love the hotel, very different. Glad everything went to plan, looking forward to more xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 11, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

The Yotel looks kinda cozy I can imagine it's perfect for people wanting a few hours sleep before driving home after a flight or whatever, great idea

Nice start to your report
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 11, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Fabulous start hun and congratulations on your engagement! Intrigued by the Yotel, can't believe I've never heard of/seen pics of it before! We'd def stay there before a flight, only for the night isn't it! Looks quite space-agey, I'd feel like I was in a spacepod or something haha! Off to read the next now, loving this report
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 11, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
so cute love the hotel! looking forward to reading more!