Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Bldy & McGoo Are Going Back To Florida =] Nov11 Day 3

3rd November 2011 – Magic Kingdom

I don’t what exact time we woke up today, I know I was first, as always, but we got ready for our first day. I had my little bag with one camera, notebook, tickets and a little bit of money and Scott had his rucksack with everything else =P

The weather was nice, a little cloudy but better than England so we weren’t complaining. So to start our day as we ended up doing nearly everyday we jumped in the car, Scott put the roof down whilst I set the sat nav and off we went to Magic Kingdom =]

We both had huge cheeky smiles on our faces. Scott driving Musty and me comfy beside him singing away to the radio.

One thing I wish we had done was change the station before day 15. I think it was 106.7 we listened to as it was just on in the car when we got it and although I loved the music, it took the phrase ‘Radio 3 song’ far too well. I now know every word to Kelly Clarkson – Know Me, Rihanna – We Found Love, Maroon 5 –Moves Like Jagger, And coincidently Flo Rida’s new one
Fair enough that is 4 put you get my point I’m sure.
And when it was around 8am there was just talking? For about an hour and a half which we found really strange and boring, it was a funny at times but not that funny.
Anyway…

We parked at Simba 14 and jumped on the tram over to the boat/entrance place. I remember asking Scott if I could write in the chalk but he said no =[ Spoil sport.
There was a ferryboat waiting already so we hopped on happily at 9:40 =] Ooo little did I know how much I would love this Boat by the end of this holiday!

We got in as normally - tickets in, fingers scanned and bags checked.
Then it was time to see all the wonders beyond =]
We had a few pictures on mainstreet at different stages and added them to our photopass. We have done a share so won’t have the photos for a little while but looking at them we have some lovely ones
We went right up to the Walt & Mickey statue and had photos there and took some of our own with the statues

Now we normally go right, I say normally I have only been once before but we went left this time as we had missed loads of stuff and I wanted to see it all. So into Adventureland we wandered past the swiss family robinson tree which was being refurbed. I hadn’t done it last time either so next time I need to =[
The riverboat was already half an hour wait and we didn’t fancy hanging around to begin our day so missed it.

Pirates was next , it was a walk on and I enjoy things like that so enjoyed it. It did however break down =[ Not for long only a couple of minutes but still.

Onwards we went to go onto Splash mountain but it was closed for maintenance =[ It did start later on and we did get a fast pass for it to go back but then we heard the lovely sound of the announcement saying can riders please remain in their seats blahblahblah so we were happy to leave that too.

We did big thunder mountain though

Next was Tom Sawyer island also all new for me, I told you we missed a lot, We went over on the little raft. Scott couldn’t remember it all either and we went in a cave and I couldn’t believe how dark it was. I could barely see so kept holding onto him and its all slopped downwards so I kept muddling my feet and thought I was falling =O

There are some little bridges too which Scott liked as he went leap frogging over the bits that fall in the water and was enjoying far more than any children nearby =]

We went to the loo whilst we were waiting for the next little raft and went back over the water.

We decided we were both a little peckish so thought we would grab some grub. We wanted to go to have the lovely burger that we had had before from the golden oak outpost but it was closed =[ Anyone know if this is a permanent thing?

Anywho. Peco Bills it was! Which turns out to be very similar to what we would have had at the outpost anyway, after we had walked in I realised it was Peco Bills and remembered that it was good from the dibb so I was happy. Our receipt said 11:19am and we sat outside for about half an hour.
Scott had a deluxe chicken burger and fries meal

I had a pulled pork burger and fries meal and we shared a large drink of sprite.

Total with Tax $23.40

For the first few days after eating Scott kept feeling really rough and uncomfortable. I think it was indigestion as he drank far too much sprite far too quickly but hey was okay after about 20mins or so.
I figured he could do with something gentle so we went to the Tiki rooms. Never Ever Again =[
Scott was not amused at first but we both saw the funny side eventually. Neither of us knew what it actually was until we were in and by then it was too late to leave
Sing with me guys!
‘At the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki Rooms, at the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rooms, where the….’

We looked but The river boat was still busy so we decided to leave it still and headed for the haunted mansion.

I was really looking forward to this as I knew it had had a refurb. Firstly I was made up when I was given this =]

Scott thought I was a right geek for being so happy about it but I felt important and special. He did also ask if I wanted him to put it in his pocket so I could stick it in my scrapbook but I wanted to do my job as a Disney worker and complete my mission. Double Geek!
We loved the interactive queuing area. The musical one was my favourite and then where all the books pop out.

It was probably about 10-15 minutes wait but it wasn’t bad and we went into the stretching room and into our doom buggy. I spotted the hidden mickey on the dining table too which I kept forgetting about. Then we broke down =[ For again only a few minutes but just sitting there with all the things jumping out of the tombstones and then going back down it was a tad lame waiting. It went on its not so merry way again and we carried on.
I loved the new bit with the hitchhiking ghosts! They switched our heads over and I so wished I could have had it as a photo =[

We had a quick wander through fantasyland of which we were really surprised how long queues were for everything. Snow white was something silly like 50mins, I had again never been on but Scott decided it wasn’t worth it so I let him win.

We went past Cindys wishing well too which I thought was lovely other than it was surrounded by a smoking area. I kinda didn’t get it? It was such a lovely little bit overlooking the castle, there were cute little ducks wandering by I just didn’t feel it was very child friendly. Nothing against smokers so don’t stone me but I felt a couple of times this holiday that I wish they hadn’t designed it that way so the area was better for everyone to use witout feeling uncomfortable. Moan Over =]

I made a wish nevertheless and so did Scott. My wish came true so I’m happy =] Scott’s was probably something silly like a money tree =P

Tomorrowland Speedway. I don’t know how long the wait was I think about 20mins but it was nice and warm so we didn’t mind hanging out in the sun. Scott drove as usual whilst I took a couple of photo’s. Cheese!

He was however a bit grumpy as there was an old guy infront so he couldn’t go very fast; not that you can go particularly fast in those tbh.

Buzz Lightyear next. I was shockingly bad =[ 12400 to Moi and 86000 Mr McGoo But I do love all rides like these.

TTA was next as I absolutely love this. Its such a chill, you get a lovely look around at all the people around and a lovely view of the castle that I always forget to have my camera out for.

As a complete difference we were next headed to Space! This was closed in 2009 so I had never done it and I was really surprise how rough it was. Not only for a ride in MK but a Disney ride in general it pulls you about quite a bit. Very good though.

I grapped fastpasses for it too as I wanted a couple for my scrapbook. I know its frowned upon but it was a walk on/5 min wait all day so no one would have missed out. As I was getting out of my seat though I scraped my bag on the side and ripped the button off the front =[

We figured we had kinda done what we had wanted to do other than a couple of bits so we figured we would call it a day soon.

Scott wanted ice cream but the queue was really long on the main street one so we decided against it. As we were debating what to do an American guy came up to us on his mobility scooter and said ‘You guys from Sacremento?’ We looked at each other and were like ‘Errr No England’ and then I realised that Scotts T Shirt had it written on it. His t shirt was from Primark and didn’t wear it again lol

So we had gone against the ice cream but as we moved on I noticed main street bakery and had a peek. We ended up sitting down for 5 mins to munch on our delites.
I had a croissant which was $2.29 ( No Pics A Croissant is a Croissant Tbh)
Scott had a red velvet cupcake which was $3.99 and then we shared a cold bottle of sprite too for $2.59.

I wanted to go on the train so we headed on after a 5 min break delay.
It wasn’t quite as magical as I had expected and I was disappointed. The whole Walts ‘This place must be surrounded by a train’ quote made me think that it would be really cleverly done and some lovely views.
Instead you actually just see the back of the buildings, carparks and some trees. I felt that they let Walt down on that one.
We did however see a tiny bit of the new fantasy land which cheered me up.

Walking to the exit I had a really good idea of putting a pin on there to cover the hole where the button was. I chose an American flag mickey head ($7.41) and it did look lovely but the bag was just to thick to make it stay on =[

This bag actually came from Primark in the summer before we went last time and has lasted me 2 years! Its a bit worn on the back now but its perfect.
I had bought a new bag to take with me that was a bit bigger. I used it about week or so before we went and it made my neck really sore =[ Its strange as they are both cross the body bags but being just a bit bigger made it hurt loads! Oh well my £4 investment 2 years ago was worthwhile =]

We got on the monorail and had to wait 5 mins half way round as the one infront of us had broken down. Well that was basically another one so todays tally was 4 (PoTC, Haunted, Train & Monorail)
We were back to the car at 3:20 and wondered what to do. We were shocked at how we had done it so quick.

We thought we would go do a little shopping so went to the Premium outlets on Vineland Road. We found the shops average, we aren’t really shopping types to be fair. We are the type of people that wander in, realise its either expensive or just not us and turn straight back out the door again.
We did buy a pair of crocs for me $21.29, 4 Timberland t shirts for Scott $42.60 & Trainers and Hoody in Nike For Scott $97.31
It wasn’t late but we were both hungry and after a busy day we decided to head for dinner and then back home.

We opted for Bahama Breeze (Vineland avenue) and I do love BahamaBreeze! We didn’t actually eat there much this time as Scott didn’t fancy Ribs towards the end but I love it.
We waited about 10 mins and were seated by the window which was nice, Had a lovely server too.
We both had a rack of baby back ribs with fries and a sprite. I also had a breeze salad which was delish!

I asked whether they sold the vinegarette in a bottle and the lady wasn’t sure so went and asked, they didn’t but instead she filled up one of their takeaway soup bowls and charged me $2 for it. It was lush and I dipped a bit of French stick in it but never ate all of it.
You know you can buy like the flavour sauces from nandos etc I kinda wanted it to be like that so I could take it home but it was nice all the same.

The bill came to $57.24 and we did tip but I never wrote how much.
When tipping i never knew exactly how to do it as its recommended between 15-20% I normally worked out 10% and then made sure that aslong as had given them more than 15 then it would be okay. I imagine for the $57.24 we probably left around $68 which was 18% so that would have been fine. We do figure that we arent ever difficult though so they only really need to fill up our drinks every so often and we are pretty happy.

When we got home we thought we would go and look in the clubhouse as we never got round to it the day before. We both said it wasn’t as we expected but I don’t think you can always judge a place by a couple of photos. It was lovely. There is a little shop there too which sells snacks, loo roll etc and there was a dvd machine. We were looking at it but couldn’t see how we could get it to work so asked the lovely lady on the desk.
She said that there was a renting card in our welcome pack and I said that we had booked privately so we didn’t have one but never mind. ‘What the heck have this anyway' and gave it to us.
The thing is I now can’t remember if we returned the last one =O It was Cars2 and I just can’t remember us going back in to give it back Ooops. We might have done. I will ask Scott later =S
She also said we looked like Floridians when we said we were on holiday which made me smile.
We went back up to our condo and then watched tv and the dvd and went to bed =]

Edited at 10:16 PM.
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 11, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
A really great day I too nabb a couple of FP for a my holiday box, I just can't help it
Old 26 Nov 11, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
great day, you got a lot done!
laughed at your typo 'we only got stuck for a few days so it wasn't that bad!' imagine!
the rides probably didn't break down though if it was a minute or so, it's usually a disabled family getting on one of the boats/carriages/etc as it takes a little longer to get everyone on so sometimes they have to stop.
Old 26 Nov 11, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow, you really managed to fit a lot into your day, fab photos, looks like you had a marvellous day. This is going to be our 7th trip & I still haven't been to Tom Sawyer island, must do this time. I hadn't noticed the little statues in the hub either, so will be on the watch out - too busy looking at Mickey and Walt I suppose. I know exactly what you mean about the smoking area at the wishing well, I thought that last time too.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 11, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
great day, you got a lot done!
laughed at your typo 'we only got stuck for a few days so it wasn't that bad!' imagine!
the rides probably didn't break down though if it was a minute or so, it's usually a disabled family getting on one of the boats/carriages/etc as it takes a little longer to get everyone on so sometimes they have to stop.
Ooooppps! I will go and change that now =] Thanks
I have read through them all two or three times before posting in case i made any mistakes and i still missed it =S
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 11, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Brillant day - meals look yummy x
Old 14 Dec 11, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Nice day, you certainly got a lot done, despite all the breakdowns!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 11, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Brillant Day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A really great day and those ribs look divine

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

great day! Laughing at the primark top!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List