Old 26 Mar 12, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
OKWe're going when - Day Seven

Wednesday 26th October – Seaworld and Cape May Cafe

After our very late night last night we had a very lazy morning and weren’t ready to leave for Seaworld until 11.30am. Olivia couldn’t believe just how many sweets and chocolate she found in the room. She was completely oblivious to our trick or treating from last night and had great joy in going through the bags to see what she could eat.

Once we were ready we jumped in the car and headed to Seaworld in the hope that we could have a slowish day. We managed to pick the slowest queue to pay for parking and even the parking attendant apologised for keeping us waiting for so long. With our $14 paid we parked up and sun-creamed everyone and were finally in the park by 12.30.

Paul had decided that he wasn’t going to do the rides today as he wanted to make sure that we managed to see as many shows as possible. Our first stop was to see the aquarium incorporated in the Manta ride. We had managed to miss this in 2009 so the girls insisted we paid a visit. The girls really enjoyed this, especially trying to locate the crabs and starfish which were doing a fab job of hiding.

Next we opted for the 1.30pm showing of Blue Horizon at the Whale and Dolphin theatre. Somehow we managed to end up with an ice cream to eat whilst waiting for the show to start. Today was turning out to be a warm day and as we hadn’t had an awful lot to eat yesterday (especially Olivia) it would have been rude not to let the girls have a treat.

Everyone loved this and the girls really enjoyed the acrobats that jump/dive into the pool.

At this point I think Olivia was missing the rides as she was desperate for some roller coaster action. On exiting the show she saw Journey to Atlantis and insisted that she was riding. Water rides are not my favourite and as Millie as adamant that she wasn’t going on Olivia and Paul headed off for some thrills. Me and Millie waited at the bottom of the drop to try and spot Olivia and enjoyed watching people pay to get the riders wet. Millie thought this was hilarious but didn’t want to try and get her sister. After about 10 minutes we spotted Paul and Olivia.

Olivia’s face on the way down was a picture but by the time she had got to the bottom she had a massive grin on her face.

Millie seeing the smile on Olivia’s face started to wonder whether she should ride as well. She really is a child that is desperate to try things but hates the unknown so was unsure what to do. Once Olivia was back and hearing her rave about the ride Millie after a little encouragement from Paul decided that maybe she should ride. On leaving though she did tell me that she had butterflies in her tummy. I really didn’t think that she would go on as I know that sometimes she gets to the front of the queue and then worries about it and refuses to get on. Me and Olivia waited and were soon surprised to see Millie on her way down the big drop. She was all smiles at the bottom of the drop and even managed a little wave as she went round. Me and Olivia then decided to head to the entrance of the ride to meet Paul and Millie. Millie was ecstatic when we found them as she had been brave enough to go on even if she did manage to leave her tummy at the top of the drop. Paul can’t wait until Olivia is big enough to go on Kraken as he says it is much better doing the rides with someone else. Olivia had spotted the ride but she has a good 25cms to grow before she can enjoy the delights.
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Time was fast approaching 3pm now and one thing I insist on doing when at Seaworld is feed the Dolphins. By the time we got there quite a big queue had already formed but luckily there was still room for us join. People behind us were told that they may not get in. Here I have to apologise to the poor girl selling the trays of fish. With a purse full of change I decided to use it all up and purchase three trays of dolphin food. We were in the second group to be allowed in. Millie and Olivia both said that they were going to feed the dolphins this time so I said they had to listen very carefully to what they were being told. However when we moved closer to the edge of the pool the dolphins knowing that it was feeding time were splashing about rather a lot and this put the girls off. They did stand right up close to the edge but wouldn’t feed them. I also think that the girls were a little freaked by actually picking up a fish. I, in the mean time was having a great time feeding the most adorable animal on the planet.

Olivia was brave enough to give the dolphin a wave

I really could spend all day watching Dolphins. All too soon it was time to leave to let the next group of people in and we had to say our goodbyes. We did stop and buy a couple of photos of us with the dolphins on the way out.

On leaving the dolphin area we made our way over to the Clyde and Seamore stadium to catch the final show of the day. Unfortunately we didn’t manage to catch much of the mime artist as we were quite late (my real fear here of course was actually being part of his show, so I made sure I knew where he was whilst looking for seats).

We love this show and the girls thought it was hilarious and fell for all the corny jokes. They also loved it when the Sealions and Walrus wiggled their bottoms at the end of the show.

The only dampener to the show was the bites on my legs were really starting to irritate me and had become quite angry and inflamed. With this in mind we decided that we would visit the penguins very quickly before heading to Publix and then on to our ADR at Cape May cafe.

We joined the crowds exiting the stadium and made a slow walk to the penguins. Heading into the experience always feels as if you are going from one world to another. You leave bright warmish sunshine and enter a dark freezing cold room. The girls love it in here though and are always amazed at the snow falling from the sky. The only problem with coming in here is we always have trouble getting both the girls out as they want to stand and watch the penguins and puffins for ages. They also try and spot the different type of penguins and generally do better than me and Paul and can identify all the different groups.

We finally leave the park about 5pm having dragged the girls away from the build a bear section of the big shop and having bought the picture that we had taken when we entered the park. (cost $21.29)

We headed to publix for essentials and also to try and find something for my bites. As we only needed a few bits Paul decided to go in by himself, after only five minutes the girls both decided that they need to go to the restrooms so my little rest in the car was very short lived. Paul couldn’t find anything for my bites so we ended up driving to Walgreens where he managed to get some bite spray which was fine on the new bites but stung like hell if I accidently got any on the ones where I had scratched. He also looked at the ingredients on the creams and decided that they all contained 1% hydrocortisone so decided that we could just use the cream we had back in the villa. Also whilst in Walgreens we managed to find some peanuts M+M in individual packets which my best friend had asked us to bring back for her.

All sorted we jumped in the car and headed off to the Beach Club for our 7pm ADR at Cape May Cafe. Again the queue to get in the car park was horrendous and we queued for quite a while to get in. The girls were again tasked with ‘find the parking space’. Luckily after about five minutes we managed to find a space and were soon on our way to dinner. Both the girls decided it would be a good idea to visit the rest rooms before we had dinner. We were a little sad to find that only one of the toilets was in working order but when we looked it was because someone had decided to put one of the flannels down the toilet! What would make someone do this? The second toilet wouldn’t flush either and people had just kept putting more and more toilet paper down it so again had become partially blocked. Finally with the girls sorted we went to the front desk and spoke to a lovely English girl and said that the toilets really needed to be checked and she confirmed that they were waiting for maintenance.

We went to check in and there were lots of people milling about so thought we might be in for a bit of a wait. Whilst waiting Paul managed to get talking to the DVC CM and not sure how he does it but he managed to get us booked in for a tour. Anyone who joined us on our last trip will know how Paul managed to ruin a morning of our holiday due to going to a timeshare meeting. Paul was luckily as our buzzer went off before I could stop him booking an appointment. We were seated just after 7.15 so our waited hadn’t been too bad. On entering the restaurant the girls had spotted the cup with the glowing Tinkerbell so were keen to get themselves a drink before we done anything else.

Before we could order anything else we had to wait for the Chef to come and show me round the buffet to tell me what was suitable for Olivia. For the safe option Olivia opted for the pizza and chicken tenders as did Millie. Me and Paul on the other hand started with the salads and cold prawns before attacking the hot food. I had great fun people watching as I loved watching the young children attempting to eat Lobsters. All I can say is I’m glad it wasn’t me having to clean some of the outfits.

Having more than satisfied our appetites we settled the bill which was $13 for the girls cups and $22 for tip. If we had not been on the dining plan the bill would have been $127.

We had said that we might visit the Boardwalk area after our meal but I think everyone was a little grumpy from the late night last night so we decided that we should head straight home. However on walking back to the car Paul who was carrying the girls Tinkerbell glow cups managed to drop one of the tinks in the river as we walked over the bridge. Tears fell up on us for the next few minutes as the girls argued who’s cup the Tink belonged to. Knowing that this would continue to be a problem Paul decided to go back to the restaurant and ask if he could buy another Tink. Luckily they gave him another one for free. With everyone calmed down we headed straight home. The girls went straight to bed and were asleep by about 10ish. I on the other hand started to pack a bag ready for our trip to Royal Pacific Resort tomorrow.

Tomorrow:- Move to RPR and IOA
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Well done to Disney for giving him another Tink cup, their customer service really is excellent. Sounds like you had a great time. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Well done to Disney for giving him another Tink cup, their customer service really is excellent. Sounds like you had a great time. Pussycat
And that's why we keep going back just for the Disney Magic
Old 26 Mar 12, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Good idea to do seaworld for a more restful day.

My DD loves those cups and still uses them at home - they are a pretty useful souvenir.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Well done to the girls for doing Atlantis, I have done this once & never again the combination of the drop & getting soaked is enough to put me off !
Sounds like you had a nice day apart from your bites, I had a few of these in October to but they disappeared after a few days of using Avon's skin so soft.
Looking forward to reading the next day .
Old 26 Mar 12, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another great day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Fabulous day, your bites sounded sore. Well done Disney for giving you another tink! :-) looking forward to more xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Good idea to do seaworld for a more restful day.

My DD loves those cups and still uses them at home - they are a pretty useful souvenir.
After the night before Seaworld was a blessing. I need to find the cups as I put them somewhere safe whilst we were decorating but haven't found them since

Originally Posted by ROO View Post
Well done to the girls for doing Atlantis, I have done this once & never again the combination of the drop & getting soaked is enough to put me off !
Sounds like you had a nice day apart from your bites, I had a few of these in October to but they disappeared after a few days of using Avon's skin so soft.
Looking forward to reading the next day .
Girls are definitely braver than me as I've never done it.
i don't normally suffer with bites but i read somewhere that october 11 was a bad season for the little critters, but I will remember your tip on Avon's skin so soft for next time

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Another great day.
thanks for reading

Originally Posted by sarahewoods View Post
Fabulous day, your bites sounded sore. Well done Disney for giving you another tink! :-) looking forward to more xx
Hi Sarah,
The bites were sore and swelled quite a bit, they normally go for Paul and leave me alone not sure what I done to deserve them getting me this time.
Always a big thumbs up when disney sprinkle some magic

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Great day!
Thank you