VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Talking Viva Las San Di Frisco Day 18 Sunday 11th September

Viva Las San Di Frisco Day 18 Sunday 11th September

Santa Monica

Weather Sunny / Cloudy 70 Degrees

A very solemn day to be in America on the 10th Anniversary of the attacks, a definite day for reflection

We are awake at 6am a father and young son next door having such a loud conversation I thought they were in the room. We have an interconnecting door in our room and I find these can be noisier rooms than normal.

We have cereal for breakfast in the room and I’m feeling a little delicate, maybe a day off the cocktails is in order.

I’m soon hungry again and craving stodgy food, by 11am we are seated outside a place on the Third Promenade called Yankee Doodles nothing fancy it’s like a large diner. We order two pulled pork sandwiches which are just what the hangover doctor ordered and I feel much better.

I had a lovely manicure in the Virgin Lounge at Heathrow it’s now growing out so I head off to find a nail Salon and Michael wants to look at bike shops or something so we split up Scooby Doo style

I get myself a $45 manicure and massage, my gel nails are Neon Pink and I love them

This was taken a week later, doesn't look as good but the colour is faby

When I get back to the room Michael isn’t back so I sit and admire the sideways view whilst catching up on my trip report.

Michael was doing the laundry and we have a fair bit to do so we combine sitting by the pool whilst waiting for various washing loads to finish.

The pool is not a quiet place, its right next to a very busy road, but I didn’t mind it was empty it had sun loungers, a pool and shade.

We spent the next two hours swimming, reading and lazing around, busy doing nothing! I amused Michael by occasionally dive bombing in the deep end. I soon stopped when someone else came out to the pool

After our stint in the sun I showered and removed the entire blanket of factor 50 I had to use because it was so hot lol

We went back to the Third Street Promenade this time to a lovely Italian place for a really gorgeous, fresh thin crust Pizza, we wondered around and ended up on the Pier for a Milkshake and Ice-cream at the place where the famous Carousel is, it’s the one that Steve McQueen operates in the film ‘The Sting’

Then we walk back to the room to watch a film and have an early night – the film is Horrible Bosses and I thought it was quite funny

We were both fast asleep by 10pm
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 12, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
More great fun!

Loving your trip report, it really makes me realise how much more there is to see in the USA and how much I really want to see it

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 12, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

I love the saying on the Soda Jerks menu - Life is uncertain so eat dessert first! Think that should be my mantra!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 12, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Another fun day for you both
Helen0705 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 12, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
I love the saying on the Soda Jerks menu - Life is uncertain so eat dessert first! Think that should be my mantra!
I think you might have point!
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 14, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Love the nail colour, Santa Monica looks lovely.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 14, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Love the nail colour, Santa Monica looks lovely.
I really like Santa Monica everywhere is walking distance, beach restaurants etc