Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Talking The Gallagher's SKI in Orlando PRE TRIP

Pre Trip Report

SKI-ing – a modern term standing for Spending Your Kids Inheritance

TWEAKING Since Posting : 26th April upgrade to UC on the flight home Another Tweak now flying UC outward - flights popped up!

When: 25th May 2012 for 9 nights

Who is going

Me Alyson aged 46

DH Michael aged 40

Hotel for the Night Before - Is a Suite at the Crowne Plaza Gatwick Airport £100 It’s a lovely hotel that we have used several times, it’s got a very nice gym pool and spa, a really lovely way to start a holiday plus we get club room access, free overnight parking and breakfast.

Airport Lounge : No1 £20 each we have used this before and quite liked it, it’s worth the money - changed this booking for our August Holiday now because we can use the Virgin Clubhouse

Car Parking : Sky Parks 10 nights Meet & Greet with Ace Parking £59 – Dibb Tip helped me find this price

Flying Virgin Atlantic UC 200,000 points £475 in taxes

Where: This Villa on the Highlands Reserve Estate

It’s a little big for just the two of us but I just really liked it

Car Hire : Car On The Drive – we get such a great service from this company I can’t ever see us using anyone else in Orlando price for nine nights / 10 days is £335 for a mid size SUV

Park Tickets – Discovery Cove Ultimate non Swim was £128 each including 14 days admission to Aquatica and Seaworld We are returning to Florida in September so this is perfect for this trip

I have since added a Cabana Premium Special Occasion Package at an additional cost of £152 paid for out of the proceeds of a car boot sale we had.

Holiday Insurance : This is an annual policy with Flexicover and doesn’t end until August. I called them to tell them about the tumour in my neck and they were fine, they sent me an updated cover note and did not charge me any extra

Holiday Spending Money – we have used Fairfax and Covent Garden – We have changed a total of £2,700 giving us a total of $4,224

Total Holiday Cost £5,500

This trip wasn’t supposed to be, we are visiting the land of the Mouse in August / September for 2 weeks and I had been deep into planning that when suddenly Michael decided not to opt out of the Company car scheme after all, we had up to that point saved £5,000 towards a car, the spare cash should have gone into an ISA or fitted wardrobes for the spare room but instead ... what’s that ... oh yes ... It’s FLORIDA CALLING!

We took the dog for a walk one afternoon talked about how we missed the sunshine; by the time we got home I was booking flights! It’s a story that is so often repeated on The Dibb so I know you guys will understand

We aren’t planning on doing a huge amount whilst we are there; with the exception of the Discovery Cove booking the rest will be very much day to day planning.

We have some things we want to do, go back to Mannys, play Crazy Golf etc, simple uncomplicated relaxing stuff. Although neither one of us is particularly good at relaxing so we shall see.

We have got roughly 4 weeks to go, I have been on a health kick for two weeks so although 4 weeks might seem like a long time it’s all relative, it would be a long time to wait for a bus, for example, but in dieting days .i.e. squeeze my bum into my shorts days it’s not very long

I’m toying with the idea of getting the suitcases down and the summer clothes out to wash iron and pack, but then again that’s what the night before is there for!

Thanks for reading my ramblings

Edited at 01:41 PM.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 12, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I love the name of your new report, brilliant. Really looking forward to reading all about your next trip, I really enjoy your reports. Good luck with your health kick xx
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 12, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklfly
Imagineer

Tinklfly's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great start. Looking forward to some more to help our countdown melt away.
Old 25 Apr 12, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Great title Alyson...love it

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 12, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great read look forward to reading more.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 12, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Thanks everyone, I must admit that now the countdown is at 4 weeks the giddyness is setting in
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 12, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Great read Alyson... cant wait to read about Highlands Reserve will get me all excited about going back to HR in october... lovely villa
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 12, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Thanks Paula, I will let you know how it was

Just tweaked the flights home to UC using points plus £175 can I keep it a secret
Old 26 Apr 12, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by Alyson View Post
Thanks Paula, I will let you know how it was

Just tweaked the flights home to UC using points plus £175 can I keep it a secret
Fabulous! Jealous.com
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 12, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Alyson View Post
Enjoy! Only thing is you might never turn right ever again!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List