LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Moretons Magical Memories May 2012 - Day 2 Magic Kingdom

The Entourage
Me – Kerry, 34 yr old Disney nutcase, head driver and Narrator. 9th visit
Lee – 33 yr old Florida Lover, 10th Visit, Reserve driver and map man
Jacob – 3 turning 4 yr old (on this trip) going on 40 yr old! 3rd visit (lucky boy) loves collecting autographs
Lucas – 5 month old – smiley in the day – grumpy at night (just like his Daddy)
Dick – 59 yr old – Grandad and Jacob’s best mate – loves the Sun and some roller coasters
Sue 57 yr old – Grandma – Chief tea maker – loves Sprite no Ice.

The Plan
Arrive 7th May – 4 Nights at Bahama Bay Resort
11th May move to Sunset Lakes – Shamu Sanctuary Villa
24th May come home

DAY 2 – Wednesday 9th May

Lucas was restless all night and Lee got up with him at 4am. The others were up at 5am while I enjoyed a lie until 5.45am! (lucky me)

For me, today was when the holiday really started as we were off to Magic Kingdom. I don’t know why but until you see that castle approaching slowly getting larger with each wave, it just doesn’t feel like I am there.
We had breakfast in the apartment, we find this is a lot easier with children and saves us time and money (although sometimes I miss going out for breakfast everyday, like we used to when it was just the 2 of us). We left Bahama Bay at 8.10am and we were parked up in Simba 11 at 8.30am. Again right at the bottom end of a row! This was starting to become a habit.

Lucas's first ride on a tram!

Just wanted to say at this point that I am not sure on the addition of the doors on the trams. They are a bit of a pain when you have a baby in one arm and a pushchair in the other and you are trying to hurry everyone on board. I know they are a safety addition but they did annoy me. Sorry rant over.

Jacob chose the monorail to get across the seven seas lagoon (which is a shame as I always like to ferry for my first trip over, not really sure why, just the first time, any other time can be the monorail. Never mind, little man rules!) And although it was busy we were straight on. Passing through the contempary hotel and bay lake towers Lee said that it was announced on the news this morning that Disney had made 1 billion dollars in the first quarter of the year. I wonder if Walt ever thought the Disney Empire would be as big as it is. A billion dollars in the first quarter, sheesh that’s a huge amount of money!

Crowds didn’t look to bad as we entered the park at 9.10am

You forget how long bag checks take especially with children. As we stroll up Main Street looking at the castle Jacob is really excited and it warms my heart to see his little face smiling with every new thing that catches his eye. And how he tries to catch his breath whilst trying to talk about all the things he wants to do first. It really is more special visiting once you have children of your own, and although this is his third visit to Orlando, every time is just like the first time.

After discussing tactics we had decided to turn right at the top of Main Street. We had planned 2 visits to MK so wasn’t to worried if we didn’t get everything done today. But Jacob really want to meet Buzz and ride Indy Speedway with Daddy and ride astro Orbiters and ride splash and …. So turning right at the top was the choice today.

Monsters Inc didn’t open until 10am so everyone apart from me and Lucas went on Buzz Lightyear space ranger spin, which was a walk on. Lee won (he always does) and Jacob had a great time, again talking so fast about how he shot and spun like this mummy

The boys then went on the Astro Orbitors, which Lee was probably keener on than Jacob. Again this was a walk on and Jacob enjoyed it lifting his rocket up and down.

When they came off Jacob had a chance to grab his first autographs of the holiday. Now I had made my own autograph book personalised for Jacob, as you may have read in 2010’s trip report I really felt this helped to break the ice with any inhibitions he had meeting the characters now that he was that bit older obviously he didn’t have any inhibitions but he loved the reactions he got from the characters that they had their own page in his book and always made a fuss about this fact. So a huge part of Jacobs’s excitement everyday was finding characters that were in his book and getting them to sign. My only regret is that I didn’t make one for universal parks too.

Stitch was first then followed by Chip ‘n’ Dale.

While Jacob was grabbing some autographs, Lee went to Space Mountain to grab some FP’s as the stand by time had gone up to 20mins. The FP return time was only 40 minutes away, so it suited us just fine.

So to kill time before our FP time was ready we all went on one of my favourites, the TTA, I love going round the different areas and I think it’s a good excuse for a sit down and a cool down whilst experiencing the ride. Monsters Inc was then open once TTA had done its loop, so we went there, as this was a firm favourite on our last trip. We always seem to wait a while for this show but as usual it is very funny. Lucas had fallen asleep as we were waiting in the holding area and there was a Chinese lady sat next to me that howled with laughter at every joke, she didn’t have a cute little laugh though she had the loudest laugh in the world and every time she laughed Lucas jumped out of his skin, he was now awake but was getting quite upset with her every laugh so I shuffled him along to daddy at the other end! The camera never picked us out but I am sure one day it will happen

We then queued to meet Buzz who seemed to mesmerise Lucas, who kept trying to press his buttons on his arm

Dick, Lee and I then used the FP’s for Space Mountain while grandma looked after the boys. Dick had never been on Space Mountain and he said it was very good. I enjoyed it as normal, it’s a classic, and it has to be done. Dick goes on most roller coasters but he is getting a bit more selective as you will see later on in the trippie.

It was now 11.30am and the 6am breakfast seemed along time ago, so we decided to have a food stop at Cosmic Rays. Lee took Jacob on the Indy Speedway while the rest of us went to get seats and order. Once inside Lucas started screaming for his next feed too so I grabbed a table to feed him while sue and dick got their meals.
Meanwhile, Lee and Jacob had both been very excited about going on Indy speedway, it was a ride they had talked about going on together a lot before coming out here. Lee said that Jacob loved driving and Lee was very relieved he never bumped into anyone

Lee and Jacob now join us and I finish feeding Lucas while Lee got our food, it was getting quite busy in Cosmic rays now and as we sat eating our meal we looked outside you could see that the crowds were beginning to flood in, with the park being open until 10pm, I am sure a lot of people arrive at midday and stay until the end. Lee and I had a conversation about how we used to do that when it was just the 2 of us but now we have children things have changed and a day in the park is very different. Lee also said we also used to walk around with just the things in our pockets, now it is like a military operation getting round the parks with back packs full of things you will need for the day. Those that have kids will know what I am talking about I am sure.

After lunch Jacob wanted to go on the teacups, now I can do any roller coaster you can throw at me. I would actually like to be one of these roller coaster testers and ride the biggest fastest scariest roller coasters there is, but a ride that spins round erm NO THANKS! I would throw up, sorry buddy. So Jacob manages to persuade his Grandma to go on with him. Now grandma hates roller coasters but would ride the teacups all day long. After a 5-minute wait they are on and they both love them.

We then ventured into the new area of fantasyland, which is definitely coming along nicely. I think by the time it is finished this area of the park will be massive and a great addition to this magical park. Jacob and I then ride on Dumbo, which was a 15minute wait. Now in 2010 this was my ride that I wanted to ride with my little boy, this year I wanted to do Peter Pan and Splash with him. While we were in the queue there was a 5minute rain shower so the others took cover. Dumbo was excellent as ever and I still remember riding that classical ride with my little boy for the first time on our last visit. As we made our way around fantasyland the skies continued to get darker. Jacob tried to pull the sword from the stone

but was unsuccessful. As expected the heavens then opened, this took the wind out of our sails as up until this point we had good momentum. We sheltered under the FP area for Peter Pan until it stopped which took about 25minutes.

Whilst sheltering Lucas decided to fill his nappy with a huge pooh so he and I (or rather I) ran down to the toilets where I changed him and then ran back up to the others.

oh the relief!
After the rain we went in to Philharmagic, which is still my favourite 3D show. Lucas seemed to enjoy his first experience too. After this we made the short trip to it’s a small world where we waited 10 minutes before boarding our boat. In the queue we wondered how much money there was in the water and if Disney ever collected it and gave it to charity or anything. Jacob loved IASW although you wouldn’t know it from this picture.

Fantasyland was now very busy, it was around 2pm and the park was being set up for the parade and as the last picture showed Jacob was beginning to get tired, so after a team meeting we decided to do Splash Mountain then make our way home. When we got to Splash Mountain the queue was 30mins which was a little beyond Jacobs tolerance levels I thought right at this moment as his tiredness was starting to show, so we decided to leave it today and make sure we went on when we came back for Jacob’s birthday later in the trip.

On the way out we made our traditional family stop at the ice cream parlour on the corner of Main Street. Lee was very excited by this as you can tell from this picture.

Again this is also a tradition of ours to grab an "okie" as we call it from here, before heading home. We crossed the road and ate our ice creams outside the café (not sure of the name). It’s the one where the baseball man statue is. We had to wait here as they were roping all the pathway off for the parade it actually worked out very well for us as it this unexpectedly gave us a great view of the parade, which we hadn’t planned on watching. I thought the parade was good but seemed a lot shorter than normal.

We then made our way to the exit via the shops, just before the exit I checked the barbers to see if I could get Jacob a haircut but it was way too busy . We got the monorail back across to Simba 11 and we all buckled in the car by 4pm.

Back at Bahama Bay Jacob, Lee and Dick went in the communal pool and hot tub. While Sue and Me had a cup of tea and decided where to go for dinner. In the end Sue chose to eat at Applebee’s, which was very popular with us all in our 2010 trip. We went to the new one at Rolling Oaks, as it was only 10mins away from Bahama Bay.

Well it’s fair to say it was a disaster, the service was the worst we had ever encountered in all our trips to Florida. The restaurant was probably a ¼ full, which is never a good sign at 6pm. our server was Alana, and she hardly spoke to us. She was just plain rude and literally threw our dinner at us :angry:. One of the meals was wrong and we had to get cutlery from another table, as we could not find her to ask for any.

The food itself was actually very nice but the service completely let the place down. Unfortunately we were to busy trying to sort out our meals to take any pictures. I can tell you that Lee had the mozzarella sticks and 3 cheese chicken pasta, I had oriental salad, Sue had steak, jacket spud and broccoli, Dick had steak and garlic mash and Jacob had the kid’s hot dog meal. Lucas snoozed in his buggy next to us. The bill was $77 plus a very small tip to reflect the service. We left feeling a little annoyed and certainly won’t visit that restaurant again, although we still like Applebee’s as a brand.

We were back at the apartment by 8.30pm and in bed by 9pm. Lee stayed up and watched the ice hockey till 10pm. (Caps bt Rangers 2-1). We are huge ice hockey fans at home and regularly follow our beloved Coventry Blaze.

Tomorrow is a first for all of us Legoland!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00058.jpg
Views:	3428
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	41504   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00059.jpg
Views:	3340
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	41505   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00062.jpg
Views:	3346
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	41506   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00063.jpg
Views:	3344
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	41507   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00064.jpg
Views:	3335
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	41508  

Name:	CNV00065.jpg
Views:	3365
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	41509   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00067.jpg
Views:	3334
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	41510   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00069.jpg
Views:	3335
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	41511   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00071.jpg
Views:	3327
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	41512   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00074.jpg
Views:	3319
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	41513  

Name:	CNV00079.jpg
Views:	3322
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	41514   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00080.jpg
Views:	3312
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	41515   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00082.jpg
Views:	3322
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	41516   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00084.jpg
Views:	3308
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	41517   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00085.jpg
Views:	3310
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	41518  

LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 12, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Sounds like a fun day was had by all, shame about your experience at Applebee's. We have only used the one on H27 and have always liked it there.

I didn't realise they had doors on the trams, are these new, I don't remember them being there when we were last there in 2010.

Look forward to reading your next installment.

P.S. Lovely photos by the way
Old 12 Jun 12, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

That the second bad review of that Applebees in as many days. Not a good sign!

Fab day otherwise though. Good ol' Magic Kingdom there's nowhere like it!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue21
Serious Dibber

That is such a shame we went there on 2 June and food and service was good and the restaurant was packed. However, we much preferred the new Ale House on the other side, the Rib Eye was far superior.
Blue21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 12, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Sounds like a good day at the Magic Kingdom.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysgirls
Imagineer

mickeysgirls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Brilliant day Kerry, I too am an absolute hater of any ride that spins! my days on the waltzer are long over . Love the pic of the boys with Buzz and how lovely of Lucas giving you the gift of pooh lol!

Looking forward to Legoland, it's one we'd love to take Charlie to!

Tracey xx

Jolly good show

I know what we're going to do today... April 2012 Trip Report
View our spectacular Holiday Trailer in my Trip Report Index!
Booked it, Packed it... April 2013 Trip Report
How to avoid the perfect holiday... February 2015

Hyatt LBV 04, SandyRidge 07, SandyRidge 08, Windsor Hills/Clearwater 09, Hayes City '10, Sunset Lakes '12, Wyndham LBV '13, Champions Gate '13, New York & Clearwater '14, Indian Creek '15 AMI '15, Disney Fantasy '15
mickeysgirls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 12, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Kerry, I'm exactly the same - I could ride coasters all day long, but a spinny ride? No thank you! Good thing Grandma stepped up to the plate!

Goodness you got a lot done in MK for having such young little boys, looks like a magical day was had by all!

Kate
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 12, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you all had a great time at MK, Fab photo's,
shame about the service you recieved at
Applebees, not good at all
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 12, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Blue21 View Post
That is such a shame we went there on 2 June and food and service was good and the restaurant was packed. However, we much preferred the new Ale House on the other side, the Rib Eye was far superior.
We nevere tried the Ale house was it any good? will you be doing a trippie?

Originally Posted by k l is excited View Post
Sounds like a fun day was had by all, shame about your experience at Applebee's. We have only used the one on H27 and have always liked it there.

I didn't realise they had doors on the trams, are these new, I don't remember them being there when we were last there in 2010.

Look forward to reading your next installment.

P.S. Lovely photos by the way
Yes the doors are an addition since our 2010 visit. Hubby thinks they are safer for the children and I get that, they are just a bit heavy and awkward (sp)

Originally Posted by mickeysgirls View Post
Brilliant day Kerry, I too am an absolute hater of any ride that spins! my days on the waltzer are long over . Love the pic of the boys with Buzz and how lovely of Lucas giving you the gift of pooh lol!

Looking forward to Legoland, it's one we'd love to take Charlie to!

Tracey xx
Thanks Tracey, yes my waltzering days are over too, funny how this happens as you get older

Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Kerry, I'm exactly the same - I could ride coasters all day long, but a spinny ride? No thank you! Good thing Grandma stepped up to the plate!

Goodness you got a lot done in MK for having such young little boys, looks like a magical day was had by all!

Kate
Yep good ol grandma, i think its the only ride she enjoys. The boys really did do well for being so little

Thank you all for reading
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 12, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue21
Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=Jakes Mom;7492167]We nevere tried the Ale house was it any good? will you be doing a trippie?

It was really good and the atmosphere was great. Our waiter was really friendly and helpful he asked what each of us liked to eat and made suggestions from the menu which were spot on. We shared a mixed starter platter then I had what I would describe as a shank of pork (for a family of 3) deep fried with a herbs and spices crust with garlic mash and broccoli. DS had the mountain of Chicken Nachos (of course) and OH had the rib eye which was cooked to perfection and just the right amount of fat, it was a good cut of meat. No desserts and I took most of my meat home and had it with salad for lunch the next day. I don't have time to do a full trippie and our days are very lazy and boring now, we go over to the parks after 6pm sometimes later (other than Universal or IOA) and just do the rides we like over and over. I am enjoying reading yours though as we were there at similar times.
Blue21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List