LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Moretons Magical Memories May 2012 - Day 4 BB & Shopping

The Entourage
Me – Kerry, 34 yr old Disney nutcase, head driver and Narrator. 9th visit
Lee – 33 yr old Florida Lover, 10th Visit, Reserve driver and map man
Jacob – 3 turning 4 (on this trip) yr old going on 40 yr old! 3rd visit (lucky boy) loves collecting autographs
Lucas – 5 month old – smiley in the day – grumpy at night (just like his Daddy)
Dick – 59 yr old – Grandad and Jacob’s best mate – loves the Sun and some roller coasters
Sue 57 yr old – Grandma – Chief tea maker – loves Sprite no Ice.

The Plan
Arrive 7th May – 4 Nights at Bahama Bay Resort
11th May move to Sunset Lakes – Shamu Sanctuary Villa
24th May come home

DAY 4 – BLIZZARD BEACH, SHOPPING & MOVE TO VILLA

Today was probably the only day we were not sure what we were going to do. The main reason for this was that we were moving to our villa, Shamu’s Sanctuary on Sunset Lakes. We couldn’t check in until 4pm but had to check out of Bahama Bay by 10am. So we had 6 hours to kill with all of our luggage in the car. Lee was keen on Blizzard Beach but I am not a fan of the water parks and didn’t think it would be very suitable for Lucas. So in the end Lee, Dick and Jacob went to Blizzard Beach and Sue, Lucas and Me went to do a little bit of shopping. Everybody’s HAPPY.

I dropped the boys off at Blizzard Beach and Sue and I decided we would go off to Downtown Disney. We arrived at Blizzard just after it opened and only the first 3 rows were taken up in the car park. We arranged to txt or call when either one of us was ready. In truth we were just killing time before we could get in the Villa. Although we enjoyed Bahama Bay it felt like a holding zone. I was looking forward to unpacking everything and really letting my holiday begin. I love to be able to sit around the pool in the early morning and evening.

As we had not purchased tickets for the Water parks, Dick and Lee headed over to the ticket machines to purchase their tickets. It was $49 for adults and $41 for children (plus tax). Lee hired a towel for $2 and then purchased a refillable cup for $10. It was a very hot day so I told Lee at least 45 times to make sure Jacob had cream on and keep his sunhat on. (Not that he wouldn’t being his dad, but he is a man after all)

The boys set up camp by the kiddie’s area and decided to do a circuit of the lazy river first. Jacob had a small mishap when he fell off his tube and panicked a little bit, but he had a life jacket on so all was fine. While on the lazy river Goofy was at the side waving at everyone, this made Jacobs day

Jacob then tested out the kid’s slides, Lee said he was a bit scared at first but once he went down once he was fine. After they prized Jacob away from the slides they explored the park (Dick had never been before), Lee showed Dick summit plummet but I don’t think he was over keen. In the end they decided to give the family raft ride a go, and after going up the 17 million steps (Lee tends to exaggerate) they made it to the top. As you have to have a minimum of 4 people to ride they had to wait until there was a party of 2 or 3. A Japanese couple came along and they were away. Lee said Jacob looked very scared and squeezed his Granddad’s hand all the way but at the bottom he said he had enjoyed it.

They couldn’t really do much else, as Jacob was too small, so they went back to the kid’s area. Lee said it was only about 11.30am and the park was filling up. Jacob had a few thousand more goes on the slides. Lee then text and said they would be ready at 1pm.

Unfortunately we had just left downtown Disney when they text and we were on our way to the Premium Outlets. So I went up to the Seaworld exit and turned back to get them. We had not had much look shopping although I had seen a few things that I liked and would pick up later in the holiday. I really wanted to get Jacob an ice hockey shirt for his birthday but Disney seem to have got rid of all their hockey shirts.

We picked up the boys at 1pm, they said it was very hot and the floors were getting to hot to walk on. Looking back it probably was a waste of money and perhaps in hindsight we should have stayed round the pool at Bahama Bay.

Everyone’s tummy was rumbling by now so we decided to finish our trip to the premium outlets and grab a snack at their food court before going to Sunset Lakes. When we arrived at the outlets we drove around the car park for at least 10 minutes looking for a spot! In the end we parked in a multi-storey type car park, which we never even knew, was there. Headed straight to the food court where we demolished a mixture of Subways, burgers and Hot dogs.

We then moved on to the Disney discount store where Jacob used his money to buy a couple of club penguin plush toys (BOGOF). We also managed to pick up a lovely coat for Lucas that won’t fit him until next year, but it was a bargain. We then took a leisurely stroll round the other shops, mainly looking for some presents for Jacobs birthday on the 21st. Just before we left we got some clothes for the boys in Osh Kosh, these were a real bargain compared to prices back here.

Dick really fell in love with this big fluffy winter snow hat that he had found in “Dickies” for a bargain $10 and decided to buy it as he thought this would be great whilst doing his postal round come the winter at home (Dick and Lee are both postmen) he also wanted to purchase a pair of jeans in here too, so after browsing and choosing he went to the tills to pay only to be told that if he was paying by card he would need photograph ID. Dick didn’t have this with him and didn’t have any cash on him so he walked out and told them he would have to leave it. By this time we had gone outside and moved on to another shop. He was really gutted as I think he really wanted that hat in the end.

Jacob really belly ached for one of these toys that you see on the carts as you are going round. I think it was called a Splat Ball? It was a ball that you threw at the floor or a wall and it splatted and then formed back to its original shape. An awful thing but he loved it.

At last it was time to make our way to the Villa, as I said before, today was all about killing time until we were allowed in at 4pm. In the end we arrived at the front door at 4.30pm. I opened the doors, as I had the codes and immediately, we were very impressed. It was very modern and spacious. here are a few piccies:

We were pleased to see the items that Tracey and Darren (Mickeysgirls) had left had not been taken by the management company and again thank you very much for leaving them for us. Jacob loved it, his eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw the pool and the games room. If you read my trippie from 2010 you may remember that he would have rather played air hockey all day than gone to the parks!

There was only one option for us, go in the POOL. While we were in there this fella turned up.

He seemed tame and wasn’t scared at all. We later found out that ‘mickeysgirls’ had fed him occasionally so he would come back hoping for more. They had named BOB so we continued to call him this although Jacob preferred BOBBY.

Lucas made himself at home!

After the pool we all had showers and unpacked our cases before going to the Cracker Barrel for dinner. However before we went out there was a little bit of drama, Lee came out of the shower and saw a tail of something scurry under the bed. He wasn’t sure what it was and thought it may possibly have been a mouse; he said all he could see was a tail! I freaked out and said we had to find it. We pulled out beds and drawers before eventually finding the creature. It was a lizard with a bright blue tail.
I did try to get a photo but he was too damn quick for me. Lee wanted to leave it but I said no way, there was absolutely no way I could sleep knowing that this little lizard was running around my head! We had to catch it and throw it outside.

We called Dick and he got the pool net, Dick loves nature and one of his nicknames is Bill Oddy. No one was prepared to handle the lizard so we tried to trap it and get it out but it was just too fast. It then ran into a storage cupboard in the hallway and after 10 minutes we finally got it outside after it climbed onto a piece of wood that we then carried outside with him on it! Phew. I later found out that ’mickeysgirls’ knew it was in the villa and said that once it had appeared on her pillow! All I can say is Tracey you are a lot braver than me Hun.

We liked the cracker barrel, it is different from other places, quite homely, and the shop before you go in has some lovely little bits in and some really nice gifty type things that aren’t tat like the other shops. After a 10-minute wait we were seated.

Sue and Dick went for the Cod & Chips with Coleslaw. (Sue - Sprite no ice!) Dick did try and order a Bud Light but then remembered they don’t serve alcohol. Lee had the chicken and dumpling platter, while I plumped for the chef’s country salad. Jacob had chicken and mash.

The food and service was very good. The bill only came to $52 plus tip in total (BARGAIN). Sue and Dick bought this really beautiful photo frame referencing the “grandkids” from the shop attached to the Cracker Barrell, which they wrapped and put aside for them until they had finished their meal.

By now the children were very tired so we headed back to the Villa. Lee and Dick used the games room. Lee beat Dick 3-0 at pool, while I got the boys to bed. We were all in bed by 10pm and I hoped Lucas would settle in his new surroundings, long days and no sleep were really starting to take its toll on me!

Tomorrow Epcot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00145.jpg
Views:	2680
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	41793   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00147.jpg
Views:	2698
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	41794   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00148.jpg
Views:	2682
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	41795   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00151.jpg
Views:	2689
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	41796   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00154.jpg
Views:	2672
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	41797  

Name:	CNV00155.jpg
Views:	2697
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	41798   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00156.jpg
Views:	2683
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	41799   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00161.jpg
Views:	2679
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	41800   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00163.jpg
Views:	2687
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	41801   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00165.jpg
Views:	2686
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	41802  

Name:	CNV00167.jpg
Views:	2695
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	41803   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00082.jpg
Views:	2749
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	41804   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00083.jpg
Views:	2692
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	41805   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00084.jpg
Views:	2673
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	41806   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00085.jpg
Views:	2686
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	41807  

Name:	CNV00086.jpg
Views:	2687
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	41808   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00074.jpg
Views:	2667
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	41809  
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Great day again! Blizzard beach sounds good, we only did Aquatica last time so might give it a go!
Love the bit about the lizard and Bob!
Wonder if they will be there when we go only 776 days
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A nice relaxed day, and glad you managed to catch the lizard!

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

You made it to Sunset Lakes! Fab

There does seem to be rather a lot of critters there though...
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
What a lovely villa. Did the previous people do a trippie as I am sure I read it.
Old 21 Jun 12, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysgirls
Imagineer

mickeysgirls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ahh, so you finally met Bob & Norm

Bet it felt lovely to unpack and feel like you could settle in to the holiday [although I'm not sure why you couldn't book in for Thursday when we moved out? ] Anywho, I'm glad you're in safe and sound and Jacob enjoyed the pool toys

Thanks for the mention and I'll catch up with you on the next day!

Tracey xx

Jolly good show

I know what we're going to do today... April 2012 Trip Report
View our spectacular Holiday Trailer in my Trip Report Index!
Booked it, Packed it... April 2013 Trip Report
How to avoid the perfect holiday... February 2015

Hyatt LBV 04, SandyRidge 07, SandyRidge 08, Windsor Hills/Clearwater 09, Hayes City '10, Sunset Lakes '12, Wyndham LBV '13, Champions Gate '13, New York & Clearwater '14, Indian Creek '15 AMI '15, Disney Fantasy '15
mickeysgirls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by gingermoonman View Post
Great day again! Blizzard beach sounds good, we only did Aquatica last time so might give it a go!
Love the bit about the lizard and Bob!
Wonder if they will be there when we go only 776 days
The wildlife around here really is fabulous, we never had lizards in the villa before though.
Your countdown will soon go you will see, and I haven't forgot your photos just need to get round to uploading them

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
A nice relaxed day, and glad you managed to catch the lizard!
I was too!

Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
You made it to Sunset Lakes! Fab

There does seem to be rather a lot of critters there though...
Sunset Lakes is fabulous, we really like this resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
What a lovely villa. Did the previous people do a trippie as I am sure I read it.
She sure did Rachel and it is a great trippie, she is still writing it too - a great read!

Originally Posted by mickeysgirls View Post
Ahh, so you finally met Bob & Norm

Bet it felt lovely to unpack and feel like you could settle in to the holiday [although I'm not sure why you couldn't book in for Thursday when we moved out? ] Anywho, I'm glad you're in safe and sound and Jacob enjoyed the pool toys

Thanks for the mention and I'll catch up with you on the next day!

Tracey xx
You are most welcome for the mention hun, yep Bob really felt like part of the family by the time we left.

I am not sure why we couldn't go in until the Friday either but this is what we were offered so took it from then

Thanks again for the pool toys, BBQ, Water Beer etc... We all loved them
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd08/10
Imagineer

enjoying your report, keep it coming
thanks
2014 Dec Clarion Inn LBV
2019 June POR and Formosa villa
mrsd08/10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Nice day and photos. Looking forward to more.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 12, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh this is great, when's the next installment? x