LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Moretons Magical Memories May 2012 - Day 9 Altamonte Mall

The Entourage
Me – Kerry, 34 yr old Disney nutcase, head driver and Narrator. 9th visit
Lee – 33 yr old Florida Lover, 10th Visit, Reserve driver and map man
Jacob – 3 turning 4 (on this trip) yr old going on 40 yr old! 3rd visit (lucky boy) loves collecting autographs
Lucas – 5 month old – smiley in the day – grumpy at night (just like his Daddy)
Dick – 59 yr old – Grandad and Jacob’s best mate – loves the Sun and some roller coasters
Sue 57 yr old – Grandma – Chief tea maker – loves Sprite no Ice.

The Plan
Arrive 7th May – 4 Nights at Bahama Bay Resort
11th May move to Sunset Lakes – Shamu Sanctuary Villa
24th May come home

DAY 9 – ALTAMONTE MALL & CHEESECAKE FACTORY

Lucas had one of his poorer nights sleep, so I didn’t get up till 8am today. The plan today was to go to Altamonte Mall, I had been very keen to visit Altamonte Mall on our last visit in 2010 but we never made it. This time I was determined to go, I had read lots of reports of bargains especially at Aeropostle, Abercrombie and Hollister.

Before we left there was a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs and cereal. Lee and Sue sorted some washing out. The skies were quite grey and the forecast was for showers later. We left the Villa just before 10am. Lee wanted to go to Orange Lakes to book a tee time for next week, so I drove there first. On driving into the resort I was really impressed, it looked really beautiful and clean and somewhere I would definitely look at staying at in the future. However once at the security gates to go further it was possible to book a tee time as there a massive charity golf day on so there was no access to the clubhouse. We left and said we would come back tomorrow.

The drive to Altamonte was easier than anticipated and only took 40 minutes, straight up the I4. On arrival the car park seemed quite quiet and we found a spot easily.

The main reason for me wanting to visit the Mall was Aeropostle, so we headed there first. However I was really disappointed as there were hardly any bargains, well not for me anyway. Dick and Lee managed to pick up 4 t-shirts each, where as I ended up with one top. We then browsed around the other shops. We picked up a Tampa Bay Lightning Ice Hockey shirt for Jacob’s birthday; our little chappie is also big on ice hockey back home and regularly comes to the games with us, so I knew he would love this. I also picked up a nice t-shirt for Lucas in the Children’s Place, a shop that I ended up loving before the end of the holiday.

We gave into Jacobs nagging and let him go to the play area for a while. Although it was small he loved it and made friends with a couple of American kids. Sue grabbed a couple of tops in Sears. I had a look in Hollister and Abercrombie but I couldn’t find anything. The boys were, by now, bored of shopping. Lee hates it at the best of time and Jacob follows in his footsteps, as he is not keen on it either.

So at around 2pm we decided to leave. I was very disappointed with the Mall, definitely didn’t find the bargains that others have but it may have been down to the time of year. Not sure I will ever go back as I found better bargains later in the holiday at the premium outlets.

Everyone was getting hungry and the plan was always to eat at the Cheesecake Factory at Mall at Millennia on the way back home. This restaurant is one I was very much looking forward too especially after reading the reports on it. So we drove to the Mall @ Millennia and once we were there we had a 5-minute drive around the car park looking for the restaurant. Once we found it we parked up and went in and it was packed and it was only 3pm. We gave our name and we were told there was 15 minutes wait. While we waited Lee looked at the Cheesecakes available, at one point I though he was drooling over them. They look very tasty and they are massive.

We were seated in a booth although it was very tight for the 6 of us. The service was fine but a little robotic for our liking, no interaction or personality, just a presentation of the massive menu. The menu really was extensive with lots of choice. All of us found it hard to pick but in the end we made our choices.
Lee went for the flatbread and then the 4 cheese pasta, Dick went for the Salisbury chopped steak, Sue went for the house special burger with fries and of course Sprite no Ice, Jacob had the kids pizza and I had the mushroom burger.

The food could not be faulted but I think we all expected a little bit more, it was nothing special just quite ordinary. We all had puddings Lee plumped for the Hershey’s Cheesecake which was basically a slab of thick chocolate cake but he loved. Dick had the Key Lime pie and ordered the Tiramisu cheesecake for later! Sue had the strawberry cheesecake to go and after some deliberation I went for the Snickers Cheesecake to go.

The total bill came to $120 plus tip. We all said it was nice but not sure we would make the trip there again. As we left it started to rain heavy but within seconds it stopped then a mile down the road it was raining but then 100 yards further on it wasn’t, crazy Florida weather I suppose.

After nearly driving into a prison on the way home, we noticed this car pull up along side us. It made us all laughed and the guy driving it looked a tad embarrassed.

You can just see that it had mouse ears and a tail!

When we arrived back at the Villa it hadn’t rained so cozzies on we went for a dip

You can see the skies looking a little grey just beyond them
but within half an hour the rain started and it didn’t stop all night. We decided to stay in and have an earlyish night. After playing cards we watched John Q and Step Up on the TV. Sue and Dick demolished their cheesecake that was purchased earlier. Lee and Dick played Pool in the games room before we all retired for an early night

Sorry for the boring day and not many photos, tomorrow is Islands of Adventure so should be a little more exciting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00118.jpg
Views:	2256
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	42387   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00119.jpg
Views:	2245
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	42388   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00120.jpg
Views:	2249
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	42389   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00121.jpg
Views:	2253
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	42390   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00122.jpg
Views:	2248
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	42391  

Name:	CNV00123.jpg
Views:	2243
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	42392   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00124.jpg
Views:	2239
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	42393   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00131.jpg
Views:	2255
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	42394   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00132.jpg
Views:	2237
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	42395   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00126.jpg
Views:	2237
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	42396  

Name:	CNV00133.jpg
Views:	2254
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	42397   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00130.jpg
Views:	2248
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	42398  
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 12, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Good day shame you where not overly impressed with Mall and Cheesecake Faactory, that is on my list of restaurants to eat I think the trouble with some places you hear all these great reviews etc and you build yourself up only for it not to live up to it! Looking forward to next installement
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 12, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with Altamonte mall, we are planning a visit next month after reading so many good reviews so hopefully we may find some bargains. Like the OP said sometimes we build some things up after reading so many things about them.
Old 16 Jul 12, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysgirls
Imagineer

mickeysgirls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hello Lovely!
I don't think we'd ever make the drive up to Altamonte again, I think you can get just a good a bargain at Florida Mall or the outlets!
Shame you didn't like the Cheesecake Factory although I must say, Dick's Sailsbury Chop steak looks divine!
Looking forward to reading about IOA, it's my fav!

Tracey xx

Jolly good show

I know what we're going to do today... April 2012 Trip Report
View our spectacular Holiday Trailer in my Trip Report Index!
Booked it, Packed it... April 2013 Trip Report
How to avoid the perfect holiday... February 2015

Hyatt LBV 04, SandyRidge 07, SandyRidge 08, Windsor Hills/Clearwater 09, Hayes City '10, Sunset Lakes '12, Wyndham LBV '13, Champions Gate '13, New York & Clearwater '14, Indian Creek '15 AMI '15, Disney Fantasy '15
mickeysgirls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 12, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Aw shame about the mall...i know it seems to get good reports and we cannot decide if we shall bother or not as I do like Hollister clothes for DS... we felt the same about Manny's as you did with the Cheesecake Factory..we left a tad dissapointed as we had heard such wonderful things, however we will try Cheesecake this year just to say we have been
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 12, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Brrr - looks a bit chilly in the pool - for May!
Old 16 Jul 12, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Shame about the Mall we are not going to bother with this one but will definitely be giving the Cheesecake Factory a visit.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 12, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Awe shame about the mall and cheesecake factory, your not the first iv'e read that was dissapointed with it, love the photo of the mouse car thought it was really funny, looking forward to IOA as it's my fav park
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
It made us all laughed and the guy driving it looked a tad embarrassed.

You can just see that it had mouse ears and a tail!
Truly Nolen is an american pest control company... the front of the car has a little mouse face too.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 12, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Shame that you didn't find many bargains, but still a nice day.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List