Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Aug 12, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

All of our dreams did come true! Day 2- Typhoon & Ohana's

2nd August- Typhoon Lagoon & Ohana's & Wishes

During our second night at AKL I got up about 2am needing the bathroom don't you just hate it when your bladder hasn't got used to the time difference? anyway still not used to the surroundings in the dark I walked over to the bathroom door and scared myself half to death I screamed so loud because I thought someone was in there and I knew Dan was in bed... but it was just my reflection who puts a full length mirror on the bathroom door jeeze! anyways...
After our full on day yesterday and getting used to the time difference we were glad we went to bed early so we were ready for Day 2 a nice relaxing day at typhoon. We grabbed a hot chocolate and coffee for breakfast in our re fill mugs they were so great!

We arrived just after opening grabbed a locker and a sun bed this was Dan's first time at typhoon!
[IMG][/IMG]

Forgive me as I can't remember the names but we went on three raft rides which were really fun and only 5min waits. Then we headed to the lazy river amazing its just so relaxing going round and round...
[IMG][/IMG]
This is the life, it always makes me laugh and I am one of them when there are water sprays etc coming up you do everything to avoid getting wet even though you are wet!?
Next was crusher gusher, a great water ride like nothing else I had been on before! We headed over to the wave pool Dan went in pretty deep but I like to just sit and get splashed in the shallow end. Dan did get a little graze though poor munchkin. Can't believe how deep some of the little kids go they are so brave and must get pushed so far!
[IMG][/IMG]
Time for lunch I had nuggets and chips with a cookie and Dan had a chilli dog with cheesecake I didn't like the cookie so Dan gave me his cheesecake which was very nice. Dan went on some slides (I only do water rides with rafts i'm strange like that) I stayed on the sun bed and read my book but it was far too hot! so I went for a dip in the pool instead. Today was really hot and what should everyone do in sun!? put on sun cream now I had in the morning but my lovely husband did he? NO he did not and I didn't even know as I had assumed he had so I thought I was putting more on around midday but it was his first lot and the damage had already been done he got really burnt and ended up with blisters! and do you know what he said? "why didn't you tell me to?" hahahahahaha oh dear...After another trip round the lazy river
[IMG][/IMG]
We decided we were done so went back to the hotel.
Now we really wanted an Ipad and so we decided to get a taxi to walmart we were both very excited as we had never been to one before! Now if supermarkets were that big in the UK i would never get my food shop done everything you could think of they sold! So we bought a new Ipad yay, two boxes of lucky charms, starburst for my sister and some trainers for me as I would need them later on in the holiday...
Headed back for a bath and got ready to go to Ohana's for dinner we arrived and I was desperate to try a lupa lupa just one problem Dan had brought his wallet and the guy asked for ID jeeze at 24years old I can't even drink so I wasn't impressed but Dan did the sensible thing of buying one and giving it to me shhhhhhhhh.
[IMG][/IMG]
The food...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Now I am sure we were unlucky because we have heard such good things from our family but the service was not good they were very rude dumping food and sauces on our table not even telling us what it was and we felt very rushed. The food itself was good but we didn't like ther service or decor to be honest

After our meal we went out to the beach which was lovely!
[IMG][/IMG]
Dan's burnt face!
[IMG][/IMG]
We waited for a boat over to Magic Kingdom and no one was on the dock and it plays lovely music so we decided to have a slow dance with that lovely view behind us it was so lovely...I know, I know pass the bucket lol
[IMG][/IMG]
We arrived at the Magic Kingdom by boat had some time so went on the train and people mover then grabbed a spot for memories and you and wishes. Wow the effects on the castle are amazing and wishes was lovely as always!
Dan's best bit: Crusher Gusher and dancing on the dock
Faye's best bit: Dancing on the dock
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely photos on the dock. Poor Dan bet he was sore and never forgot his suncream again.
Old 22 Aug 12, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

I am the same with water parks,if I am not sitting in something or on something (ie a mat) I cant go on it.
Look forward to the rest of the report..and congratulations
LOU68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Soooo romantic, dancing on the dock. Good for you

Lovely day. TL is our fave waterpark by far!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely day! We are planning our first meal at Ohanas in April and i'm hoping the service improves! Food does look yummy though

Edited at 09:55 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

What a lovely day
Old 22 Aug 12, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

What a beautiful couple! Lovely read
Old 22 Aug 12, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
What a lovely way to end your day... a nice romantic dance
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
another lovely day, with a great dancing end!
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 12, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Great day