Notices

Old 27 Aug 12, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post

No Weddings, No Engagements just a holiday - Pre Trip

So here we are again, I am now at the point where I can accept that the holiday is real and its no too far away and in order to get in the mood (not too much though as I still have 7 weeks of work to face) and start reporting.

For those who have not seen me about before or read my previous report here is a quick introduction.

Me (Adrian) - (32), spend my life working in the heady world of insurance to pay for holidays to Florida (and whatever else crosses her mind). Grumpy most of the time, unless in Florida.

Caley - (younger than me), Disney mad spends her time encouraging me to work harder to afford more holidays and other stuff, she does keep me well fed though which keeps me happy.

This is us, I will leave you to guess which ones which

[IMG][/IMG]

We have done everything in our lives together in Florida, it was our first holiday together the year we met in 2004. We got engaged here in 2008

[IMG][/IMG]

(Sorry about the quality, its a photo of a photo before the days of 'the cloud'.)

and we got married here in 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We get homesick when we have not been for a while and things were not looking good for a return trip. Since getting married we have been 'planning for the future' the first step of which was to get a bigger house, we were in a one bed terrace which we loved but were out growing.So a trip to Disney was not on the cards, Caley kept trying and I kept saying no.

If there was ever a story to explain the merits of persistence this was it, Caley bided her time dropping it into conversation at regular points in time until one day she hit the perfect moment of weakness brought the subject up and something snapped my resistence and within a day I turned the laptop to her and said

'Look its booked, now leave me alone'

And there we had it we were booked into Coronado Springs Resort (our hotel).

[IMG][/IMG]

Now for various reasons it was decided that a shorter trip than normal would be booked as we were not certain where we would be with our other plans and how they would affect the trip. I initially booked 9 nights with DDP.

About 6 months after bookng we moved into a new house a nice big 3 bed detached, this brought its own challenges and it would be fair to say that there were times that I really could not see how I was going to afford the holiday. Its been a very busy year at work and home including various trips to London, Norway and others but as of last week the last part of our holiday was paid and I feel much more relaxed knowing that it's all on.

To be fair in the last 6 months I have changed the plans slightly most of which I cannot discuss as they involve surprises for Caley. I can talk about 1 of the surprises as due a mixture of me not thinking and Caley snooping she discovered that we are leaving earlier than she thought and have 2 extra nights in 2 different hotels, she does not know which ones, therefore you will all have to wait as well.

Some changes were not optional, my Uncle is a Captain for Virgin so we always get the flights through him, this time I had left it a bit late and we could not get the flights we wanted and had to play around with the dates a bit but it eventually all got sorted, despite Virgin's staff website attempting to charge us for Premium economy automatically, a couple of stern calls from Uncle soon sorted that though (I would love to go premium but not for almost double the cost).

We have booked our ADR's and are visting the following

Cape May Cafe (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Teppan Edo (Dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe (Lunch)
Maya Grill (Dinner)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Dinner)
Tony's Town Square (Dinner)
Ohana (Dinner)
California Grill (Dinner)

These have been subject to various changes, specifically the 2 with nervous faces above. I am not a naturally out there person and I know those 2 can result in various embarrasing situations but after reading a few trip reports (mainly Oh_Darling's so thanks for the push Libby) recently I decided to bite the bullet and get on with it rather than miss out on what could be a lot of fun.

After a lot of trips to Disney over the years we have started doing additional tours and trying different things out so in addition to the ADR's Caley also got me a swim with the Beluga Whales at Seaworld, which I am really looking forward to.

I am also really hoping to do the Epcot Segway tour although this is going to have to wait until we get out there as you have to pay when you book and there will be no spare cash until we are out there so fingers crossed.

In addition to the above we also hope to do the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot and the Sea Lion experience at Seaworld.

We will be doing the MNSSHP, at which my priority is getting a photo with all 7 dwarves. Costumes have been purchased for the party, not the most original I suspect but Im pleased with them, again you will have to wait for the full report for these (I know you can barely contain yourselves).

I think thats all I have to say for now, if there are any exciting updates between now and October I will let you know. If not see you on the other side.

Oh for anyone who has read my previous report I can confirm that Rufus

[IMG][/IMG]

Will be staying with his Nan and Grandad who are coming to live with him whilst we are away. He is fine with this as it means he will be spoilt and get everything he wants (and then be put on a diet when we get back).

So take care all hope you enjoyed this brief ramble and see you all soon

Adrian

Edited at 03:13 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 12, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loving the trippie title

Great pre-trip... we are just about to put our house on the market and am dreading the fact that it might mean no Disney holiday next year but maybe I can take inspiration from your story

Looking forward to the trippie. Thanks for sharing.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 12, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Look forward to hearing all about the surprises you have planned.

Get there early for the Seven Dwarfes photo, the q when we were there was well over an hour wait
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 12, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pre-trippie.
Hope all the surprises work out well, looking forward to finding out what they are.
Rufus is a handsome boy, fab photo, I really must take more photos of Hobnob (our chocolate lab ), he enjoys our holidays too, we normally come back to discipline issues rather than extra weight.
Old 28 Aug 12, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney mum View Post
Great pre-trippie.
Hope all the surprises work out well, looking forward to finding out what they are.
Rufus is a handsome boy, fab photo, I really must take more photos of Hobnob (our chocolate lab ), he enjoys our holidays too, we normally come back to discipline issues rather than extra weight.
Thank you one of the few photos in which he is not obscured by mud.

Update for the trippie, seaworld tickets bought today. It was them or photo pass + and I thought it more important to get the tickets sorted. That's it for the must haves now, everything else is in the nice to have category.

Only 47 days, woot
Old 20 Sep 12, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Whoop, got confirmation today of a big surprise I was hoping book for us, it's going to be great
Old 20 Sep 12, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

What a beautiful dog!
Our labrador is black,he will be off on his holidays soon too, looking forward to hearing about the surprises
Old 8 Apr 13, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great start with lovley photos of you both
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 13, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 13, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Super intro, reading the reports backwards , will read the wedding one after this one !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List