Old 27 Aug 12, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Has it really been 8 years - Universal

Trip Index

Thursday 9th August - Universal Studios.

Thursday 9th August
We are all up at 7 today because we are off to Universal with our stay at RPR to look forward to. My eyes are still feeling really bad today.
We are out the villa by 7.15 and it takes 30 mins to get to RPR, we check in and get our Express Passes which is simple to do. Everyone in your party is given a room key which is then placed in a machine where you take a picture of yourself and it spits out your express pass, its a bit like the FP machines but with a camera. That done we take the 15 min walk to US.
The first ride we decide to try is Rip Rocket only because it doesn’t have a EP and I know it gets busy, now Luke has been going on about this ride for ages and how he’s going to ride it with me, until he sees it up close that is. Sadly he bottles it so I ride on my own, I choose ZZ Top to ride with, now the beginning of this ride is like Saw at Thorpe Park but the rest of it is not as intense. Its a good ride a bit jerky but not bad tbh.

Despicable me is our next port of call using our EP they were just scanned and no notice taken of the photo. We are huge fans of the film and are really looking forward to being turned into Minions. As usual there are a couple of rooms to go in before you get into the main theatre. All really funny and very cleverly done.

Staight opposite is Shrek 4D so thats our next stop, again EP used and no photo check. We had a short wait in the queue and holding room but nothing too much. We have all the Sherk films on DVD so this was kind of an extension of those. The boys really loved it as did we.

We made our way over to the Simpsons stopping for a few photos on the way. Now the Simpsons ride really angers me, not that I have been on it but because it replaced one of my fave rides Back to the Future. EP used again and yes you guess it no photo check. Luke loves the Simpsons so was really gagging to ride this, I on the other hand hate the Simpsons and wasn’t looking forward to it. So we ride and tbh it made me feel really sick... bring back Back to the Future!

A quick drink and popcorn stop and we are off to MIB no EP checked again (are you sensing a theme?) a great ride but a bit spinny for me I don’t really do spinning rides.
We now decide to make our way to City Walk for lunch, we try Moes because we have 2 kids eat free vouchers we downloaded from their website but they say they don’t take them. So we head downstairs and grab a really nice sandwich in the place under Starbucks. My eyes are hurting and watering even more now, so I make the decision to go back to RPR to see if they have a medic. When I get there the only person who helps is security, she give me an eye wash and a list of local medic centres. I jump in the car and head off to the first one in the list, its not there neither is the second one so I decide to give up and head back to re-join the rest of my gang.
I find them at the Woody Woodpecker coaster, they are all very hot and bothered so we head back to RPR to get in the pool. The pool is great really nice and well organised Esther says my eyes are even redder and to pop to the pharmacist to see if they can help. So off I go again, he says that I need to see a doctor and directs me to the nearest Centra Care. To cut a long story short I fill in loads of forms and wait 1 ½ hours to be told I have acute conjunctivitis. The consultation costs a whopping $315 and the drops prescribed costs another $75, I will never moan about the NHS again.

I get back to RPR just as it starts to rain, I give Esther a call and she and the boys are just walking back from City Walk then the heaven’s open with some amazing thunder and lightening. I grab myself a drink and wait for Esther and the boys, they eventually walk through the foyer looking like drowned rats. We decide its time to retire to bed as we are up early tomorrow as IOA is open at 7am!

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 06:28 PM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 12, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day (apart from the eyes)

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 12, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Anyone know why my photos are the wrong way round?

August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 12, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

BLIMEY sorry to hear about the doctors bill! Apart from that a fab day at Universal you got lots done, what a wonderful holiday for the boys. Despicable me looks wicked!
Old 5 Sep 12, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Originally Posted by kansaskitty View Post
BLIMEY sorry to hear about the doctors bill! Apart from that a fab day at Universal you got lots done, what a wonderful holiday for the boys. Despicable me looks wicked!
When we got back to the UK I called the insurance company (LV) and they sorted everything out on the phone, the money was in my account in 2 days minus the £50 excess. Great service, I can't recommend them highly enough.
Thanks for your comments Kitty I will knuckle down and get the report finished.

August 2015-Trip Index
Old 5 Sep 12, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Oh remember this day as it was the day we left to go home Paul.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 12, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
sorry to hear about yr eyes, hope they are better soon
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 12, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
babagail-kaye
Trainee Dibber

Loving your trip report. Bringing lots of happy memories back and thinking about the new ones I hope to create when we go back

babagail-kaye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 12, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Sorry to hear about your eyes. Can't believe the cost

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 12, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Sorry to hear about your eyes. Can't believe the cost
Yeah I know, people may complain about the NHS but at least you know you can get treated without a massive bill.

August 2015-Trip Index