LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Moretons Magical Memories May 2012 - Jacobs Birthday

The Entourage
Me – Kerry, 34 yr old Disney nutcase, head driver and Narrator. 9th visit
Lee – 33 yr old Florida Lover, 10th Visit, Reserve driver and map man
Jacob – 3 turning 4 (on this trip) yr old going on 40 yr old! 3rd visit (lucky boy) loves collecting autographs
Lucas – 5 month old – smiley in the day – grumpy at night (just like his Daddy)
Dick – 59 yr old – Grandad and Jacob’s best mate – loves the Sun and some roller coasters
Sue 57 yr old – Grandma – Chief tea maker – loves Sprite no Ice.

The Plan
Arrive 7th May – 4 Nights at Bahama Bay Resort
11th May move to Sunset Lakes – Shamu Sanctuary Villa
24th May come home

DAY 14 – JACOBS 4th BIRTHDAY – OHANA’S, MAGIC KINGDOM & TEXAS ROADHOUSE & CRAZY GOLF (BUSY DAY)

Well today was the day Jacob had been waiting for. His 4th birthday was one of the main reasons for us planning the trip in May. Lee and myself have both spent a birthday in Florida and now it was Jacob’s turn.

We were woken up at 6.30am by a text from home wishing Jacob a happy birthday! Everyone was up by 7am and Jacob was very excited. I had brought his cards and some presents over with us. We had also bought some presents while we were out there too. As you can see he is more impressed by the toys than the clothes, although he seemed to like the dollars as well!

We had a breakfast reservation for 8.45am at O’Hana’s, so we had to keep an eye on the clock. Somehow we managed to be ready to leave on time. We arrived at Magic Kingdom at 8.30am and went straight onto the Polynesian and parked up.

We had never been to the Poly, so we were very impressed when we walked in; it was like a different world. There were people everywhere, we went to the check in desk and we were told to wait in line, so we could have our photo taken. Lucas was very smiley and loved the garlands that they gave to us all.

After our picture, we were taken straight over to our table, which was on the far side of the restaurant. There was staff all over the place and every one of them said good morning to us. Jacob was very excited when he saw the characters going round the restaurant, we had deliberately ensured he hadn’t got any of there signatures so he could get them today. We had a great table with a view of the 7 seas lagoon.
Our view from our table

Fruit Juice, Tea and Coffee were given to us straight away, although I was the only one who liked the juice. Soon after, a massive skillet was brought over and it was explained that it would be replenished if need be. Everybody tucked in, although Sue wasn’t too keen (no steak or sprite available! )

I finally got to have a Mickey waffle, can you believe that I have never had one before!

A bell sounded and the characters started a parade and handed out instruments to all the children who then danced around the restaurant. Jacob loved it; I so wanted to get up to but resisted the temptation! (may be next time).

One by one the characters came to the table, first up was Stitch, then Mickey and then Pluto. Their interaction was great they all spent time with Jacob and acknowledged Lucas who was still full of smiles. We had to wait a little while for Lilo to come round but she got to us in the end.

It was a lovely experience and I am so glad we did it, Jacob loved it and it made his day even more special. Although the bill was $120 (which included $20 service charge) I would still do it again. We also bought the photo package for $32 so it was an expensive breakfast, especially for Sue who only had a cup of tea and a sausage, but she didn’t mind, as she knew Jacob had loved it.

The only negative point I have is that Jacob’s birthday was never acknowledged by the staff, except the girl who we very first saw who checked us in. we saw some people receiving a cup cake with a candle in. I had made sure that they knew it was his birthday when I booked it. Lee said I should have said something but it was that busy, I felt bad asking the staff and making people wait for our table. We did tell all the characters that it was his birthday and Pluto wrote happy birthday in a bone in his autograph book which I thought was nice, out of all the characters Pluto was the best with the interactions.

After breakfast we browsed around the resort a little more and although it was very very nice I am not sure I could stay there for 2 weeks, I prefer our relaxing villa.

We stopped at guest services to pick up a birthday badge for Jacob and a 1st visit badge for Lucas. After this we hopped on the resort monorail and made our way over to Magic Kingdom. We arrived in MK at 10.30am, which I was very happy with, I thought it would be a lot later. We had managed to cover a lot of MK earlier in the trip and it was a good job as it was a lot busier today.

The 2 main aims we had today was to go on Peter Pan and Splash Mountain. After checking the wait times out, we decided to split up so we sent Lee off to get fast passes for peter pan while the rest of us went to Splash. A sweaty Lee returned with fast passes for 11.55am, which was an hour away. He said that the machine had also issued bonus Fast passes for Philarmagic as well. Is this normal? As we have never known it before.

Jacob was tall enough for Splash and we wanted him to go on, we hadn’t shown him the big drop just in case. There was a 15-minute wait, so off we went. Grandma waited with Lucas (who was now asleep). I love Splash, the detail is amazing and it is such a happy ride, I smile all the way round. Jacob loved it to even the big drop although he did squeeze my hand very tightly when he saw the drop.

We saw that Woody was out, so we had to meet him as Toy Story is Jacob’s favourite. The queuing area was very hot; the others grabbed some shade while I waited with Jacob. Just as we reached the front of the queue, Woody went off for a while to feed Bullseye and I thought I was going to faint I was that hot. However when he returned, Jessie was with him so Jacob was over the moon. Both of them saw his birthday badge and wished him happy birthday in their own special way.

We all needed some shade so we decided on POTC next. Lucas had now woken up, but as he could go on this ride it was fine. We parked up the stroller, which seems to get harder and harder every time we go. Lucas loved the ride and was very interested in Jack Sparrow. Jacob thought it was ok but preferred Splash.

After getting off POTC we experienced a magical Disney moment. Lee was walking with Lucas to put him back in his stroller, when a photo pass man came up to them and starting snapping Lucas. He definately played up to the camera and there were some lovely photos, in fact one of them is pride of place in our living room.

It was now time for a nice, cool, refreshing ice cream or so we thought. We sat outside the magic carpet ride, while Lee ordered the ice creams. When we licked them we all looked at them and said ‘what are these? They were citrus ice creams, quite refreshing but I really didn’t like it, none of us were that keen! By now it was time for Peter Pan so we made our way over to fantasyland. It felt like half the population of Florida was there, it was heaving. Every ride had at least a 30-minute wait. Peter Pan was 45mins so the FP’s were definitely a good idea.

Once again Lucas could go on, so we all went on. It is a nice ride but I wouldn’t like to queue much more than 20mins for it. Having said this Jacob was a little upset when we told him he couldn’t go on again. We then decided to slow things down a little and go on the Disney railroad; we cut through the much-changed Fantasyland area. The finished product will be brilliant and it will certainly be a lot bigger in size another reason to go back!

We waited for the train at the station, which didn’t take too long to arrive. While we were on the train we discussed our next move. Jacob needed a few more signatures for his book and I wanted to meet my favourite character (Pinocchio). So, Jacob and I got off at Main Street to meet the characters while the others stayed on all the way back to fantasyland as we needed to collect the strollers, we decided to meet outside the barbers in about an hour.

I was very upset to find out that Pinocchio is no longer at MK, although I have met him on all of my previous trips, I would have liked to have a photo with Jacob and myself with him. Never mind, so we ended up just meeting Daisy, which was fine.

I then took Jacob in the shops to see if he could spend some of his birthday money. He is very sweet and only wanted to buy some sweets for his school friends. Eventually he did find 3 Disney racers that he liked, so he bought these for $15. Little did I know that this would grow into a bigger obsession! Ha ha

TO BE CONTINUED BELOW...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00108.jpg
Views:	1656
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	43193   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00109.jpg
Views:	1657
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	43194   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00110.jpg
Views:	1663
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	43195   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00117.jpg
Views:	1665
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	43196   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00118.jpg
Views:	1651
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	43198  

Name:	CNV00119.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	43200   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00120.jpg
Views:	1625
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	43201   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00121.jpg
Views:	1657
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	43202   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00123.jpg
Views:	1662
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	43203   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00124.jpg
Views:	1652
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	43204  

Name:	CNV00125.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	43205   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00128.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	43206   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00129.jpg
Views:	1655
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	43207   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00133.jpg
Views:	1650
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	43208   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00136.jpg
Views:	1654
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	43209  

Name:	CNV00138.jpg
Views:	1646
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	43210   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00141.jpg
Views:	1669
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	43211   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00142.jpg
Views:	1663
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	43212   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00145.jpg
Views:	1675
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	43213   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00148.jpg
Views:	1660
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	43214  

Name:	CNV00151.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	43215  
LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 12, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Continued...

As we left the shop right on time the others were just arriving at the barbershop. There was no way we could go to MK and not have a proper ice cream, so that was our next destination. You can’t beat ice cream from the ice cream parlour at the top of Main Street, it went down a treat! It was very hot and busy now and Jacob was desperate to go in the pool, so we decided to head back to the villa. It was his birthday after all. We hopped on the monorail back to the Polynesian to collect the car. It had all got a bit too much for little Lucas

It was just after 3pm by the time got back to the Villa, so this gave us time for a dip in the pool before going out for dinner at Texas Roadhouse. We had asked Jacob to choose where he would like to go for dinner and this is where he wanted, we were all very happy with this.

We had a great time in the pool and Lucas had woke up and was happy too.

Jacob insisted on taking his new Spiderman and cars to dinner, we made the short trip to the Texas Roadhouse, which wasn’t as busy as the other night, but there was still a fair crowd in. We were all really boring and had the same food as the other night but I think this was because we had all enjoyed it so much. Dick did have cheesy chips for an appetizer; they were huge and definitely cheesy.

Be warned they asked if we would like cheese and bacon on everything (its on $1 extra) but they do smother it on. Our bill was just under $90 and the service and food were great. I took this picture and wanted to ask the staff if it was true

It felt to early to go home after dinner, so we asked the birthday boy what he wanted to do and Jacob chose to play crazy golf, so we headed down to the pirates cove one near Old town. Looking back I wish we had gone to Winterland/Summerland one near Blizzard Beach.

Mummy and Daddy with the birthday boy note the cars on the table!

Pirates Cove was slightly more expensive than Congo River. The course was very quiet and a little boring if I am honest, it was very hot and we were all bitten by mozzys. Jacob managed to fall over on the 2nd hole and graze his knee. Lee called him clumsy and told him to look what he is doing – wise words from Daddy.

It was still very hot and humid and we were all starting to get a little tired, however on the 12th hole we all perked up as Lee fell flat on his face after slipping. It was hilarious; we were all in bits especially after Lee had been so harsh on Jacob for falling over. Lee’s pride was damaged, we still laugh about it now, and I just wish we were filming it. He just lay on the floor for ages too embarrassed to get up! Luckily the course was really quiet so there was no one else that seen it, but it really was funny.

Despite his fall Lee managed to win with a score of 42 but I think that’s only because the rest of us felt sorry for him. The course was not as good as Congo river but Jacob had a great time as you can see. by the end of it we were all very sweaty and in need of some air con.

Back home we all had a cup of tea and one of Jacobs special birthday cakes.

Both the boys were shattered but it had been an unforgettable day, which we all had enjoyed immensely.
This picture shows how tired Jacob was but he still has hold of his new car.

The adults played cards before calling it a night at 10pm.
No rest for the wicked as tomorrow its ANIMAL KINGDOM
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CNV00152.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	43216   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00156.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	43217   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00154.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	43218   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00160.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	43219   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00161.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	43220  

Name:	CNV00159.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	43221   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00168.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	43222   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00172.jpg
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	43223   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00177.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	43224   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00179.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	43225  

LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 12, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

What a fantastic day and lovely photos - great way to spend Jacob's birthday.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 12, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
What a great day, looks like Jacob had a great birthday
Love the picture of Lucas with the garland on his head!
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 12, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post

What a lovely way to spend your 4th Birthday.
I did have a wee chuckle at Dad falling over
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 12, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Milner View Post
What a fantastic day and lovely photos - great way to spend Jacob's birthday.
Thank you it really was lovely

Originally Posted by gingermoonman View Post
What a great day, looks like Jacob had a great birthday
Love the picture of Lucas with the garland on his head!
Cheers Neil, I love that photo too

Originally Posted by Grumpy’s girl View Post
What a lovely way to spend your 4th Birthday.
I did have a wee chuckle at Dad falling over
I still laugh about it now! thanks for following my trippie I have seen all of your lovely comments
Old 28 Aug 12, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Great day. Looks like Jacob had a brilliant birthday.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 12, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
cool day and some pics
Old 28 Aug 12, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccarobbins
slightly serious Dibber

rebeccarobbins's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks like a lovely 4th Birthday for Jacob! Some great pictures too. Looking forward to AK!

Bex
rebeccarobbins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 12, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Great read so far. Tell Lee and Jacob they're not the only ones that fall over.
I was putting sun cream on my leg at Discovery Cove and my foot went through the slat on the little sun chair. I landed flat on my bottom, not very lady like, I just lay there and laughed. At least I landed on soft sand!
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List