Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Sep 12, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisdebl
Getting Excited

Cali-vacation Celebration Day 15 San Diego

Tuesday 7th August

After getting up so early yesterday Jord wanted a lie in, so we took the opportunity to go for a walk. After a little light breakfast in the club lounge, we drove to Torrey Pines State Park and walked some of the trails there. We had a lovely time walking and some fantastic views. The trails were great but as the morning wore on it got a little hot but we really enjoyed the exercise.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We drove around Del Mar as a lot of Beach Boy songs were written about the area and also through Old Town which we also liked.

[IMG][/IMG]

We got back to the hotel and woke Jord up, and hung around as he got ready. Which wasn't a problem.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We went to Liberty Station which seemed to be accommodation for the navy base. We really liked the area as it was all newly built and smart. We had lunch in the Corvette Diner and it was superb the food was lovely and the diner itself was great fun.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
There was a lot of Beatles memorabilia which Jordan loved and the waiters were fab. We ate so much we couldn’t move and it was worth every penny (only $45). After lunch we wandered around taking photos as it was so nice.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Jord was dying to get in the sea so we headed over to the beach on Coronado. The beach was beautiful and the boys were soon in the sea. I got my kindle out but I couldn’t read it as I was so distracted by the amazing aircraft flying so low over the beach to the navy base. It was fascinating watching the fighter jets and naval helicopters and they were so loud, it was incredible and I loved it.
[IMG][/IMG]

We also saw a big plane too and convinced ourselves it must be the President in Air force One because it was flanked by four helicopters!
We went back to the cool pool and it was lovely and quiet. I finished reading my Linwood Barclay book on my kindle and started reading Jordan’s James Corden hardback book which was quite a shock as it was so huge compared to the kindle. It had been made even bigger too by Jordan dropping it in the bath a few times.
[IMG][/IMG]

We popped up to the club lounge for some nibbles again and I must point out that you don’t get much if you don’t eat meat. There was lots of chicken, spring rolls, wings, nuggets, quiches and samosas, but nothing veggie. There was some salad though so I was OK. Spent the evening on the balcony, just kicking back and enjoying the view.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG] 

Easter 1998 Deerfield, 2000 Highland Reserve, 2002 Crescent Lakes
Summer 2004(with Charley) Palm Key, 2008 New York and Palm Key 2009 Palm Key and Sanibel
2010 Miami and Crescent Lakes 2012 California Trip Report Cali-vacation Celebration
2013 More California
chrisdebl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 12, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great day, I love San Diego! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 12, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a wonderful day to me.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 14, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great day again! The diner looks good
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List