Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Florida Theme Park Information

Florida Theme Park Information Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Sep 12, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Very Serious Dibber

My 7 year son loved this, We registered all 3 passes so got 3 sets of cards and 3 keys. But we only used the one key as we were told if you could end up in different places if you used all the keys. By registering each pass you get a set of cards each and you can get a new set of cards each day. There are currently about 70 cards and some are star cards (rare take a look on ebay). the portals tell a story and you can move around different areas of the magic kingdom. You can stop any time and start again another day if you wish. It can take several hours to complete if you want to , but we did rides or shows inbetween. We did get to the end and I have the video to prove it.
People will ask if you want to swap cards and that can be interesting. And some of the spells are really funny especially when you use 2 spell cards together.
All in all its a great idea.
On a similar note take a look at the agent P game at epcot. you get a communicator and travel around the world solving puzzles.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California here we come

shack69 Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Old 19 Sep 12, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KAZPRINCESS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Roosterroo View Post
Where do you go to start this off is it listed as an attraction on the park map, we have no kids but enjoyed the Kim possible one at epcot
See first post quoted below for answer.

Originally Posted by KAZPRINCESS View Post
Looking through the attractions and found this which looks a fun activity to do with the boys. Has anyone tried it, if you have what did you think.

-----------------

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, here's what the website has for a desciption

Experience even more Disney magic during an interactive adventure with Merlin, the legendary wizard! Included in your theme park admission, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a role-playing game that takes you around the park to help Merlin solve a series of cluesand prevent Disney Villains from taking over Magic Kingdom.
Aided by magic spells on special cards, playersor apprentice sorcererssearch for symbols that reveal the hiding places of Disney Villains, including Yzma and Kronk from the Disney film The Emperor's New Groove. By casting magical spell cards, apprentice sorcerers engage in battle. From flinging fireballs to creating cyclones, there are spells to bring down each and every villain.

How to Play - Merlin needs your helpso join him on this courageous quest to save Magic Kingdom theme park! To get started, simply sign up at the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A. 8 missions lasting 20-30 minutes
KAZPRINCESS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Old 19 Sep 12, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KAZPRINCESS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
My 7 year son loved this, We registered all 3 passes so got 3 sets of cards and 3 keys. But we only used the one key as we were told if you could end up in different places if you used all the keys. By registering each pass you get a set of cards each and you can get a new set of cards each day. There are currently about 70 cards and some are star cards (rare take a look on ebay). the portals tell a story and you can move around different areas of the magic kingdom. You can stop any time and start again another day if you wish. It can take several hours to complete if you want to , but we did rides or shows inbetween. We did get to the end and I have the video to prove it.
People will ask if you want to swap cards and that can be interesting. And some of the spells are really funny especially when you use 2 spell cards together.
All in all its a great idea.
On a similar note take a look at the agent P game at epcot. you get a communicator and travel around the world solving puzzles.

Loving all the reviews for this activity. Thank you so much everyone.

Been looking on ebay and there is 59 entries for these cards including someone selling the full set of cards for over 500, personally i'd rather collect my own and play the game myself.
KAZPRINCESS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Old 19 Sep 12, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Proud to wear my Ears

thank you!
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Old 19 Sep 12, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 33
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We tried it, it's pretty cool. Some people seemed to be taking it very seriously but we just played whatever spell we had to hand without much thought and it seemed to work reasonably well.

It's fun to watch, but there's no real trick to it. Whatever you tried seemed to work
Apparently, the first time you play it, it doesn't matter which card/spells you use - you're playing the "easy" level. Once you've completed it, you then progress to the "medium" level where what card you play does make a difference. And then onto a "hard" level. Apparently.

We got some cards and started to play it, but there were queues at each of the mystical portals (or whatever they're called). We therefore decided to concentrate on the rides and other stuff at MK rather than this game.

DLC: Jun 95-Holiday Inn ; WDW: Dec 97-Gateway Inn | Feb 00-Gateway Inn | Mar 01-Best Western | Feb 06-Embassy Suites | Oct 10-Hawthorn Suites | May 12-Homewood Suites | Aug 14-CBR&Doubletree ; DLP: Aug 13-Sequoia Lodge
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back, Back!

Nimbus is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Old 19 Sep 12, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Carrotstickz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Apparently, the first time you play it, it doesn't matter which card/spells you use - you're playing the "easy" level. Once you've completed it, you then progress to the "medium" level where what card you play does make a difference. And then onto a "hard" level. Apparently.

We got some cards and started to play it, but there were queues at each of the mystical portals (or whatever they're called). We therefore decided to concentrate on the rides and other stuff at MK rather than this game.
That's what's supposed to happen but medium and hard mode got put on hold indefinitely at the start of the summer and I haven't heard anything about it coming back yet. I believe it's because the game is more popuka than they expected- and the queues you're talking about got worse when medium and hard-levels were being played.

With regards to the cards, in each pack you get five different ones. You get one star card, two planet cards and two moon cards (these are just the classification symbols).
I believe the stars run from number 1-20, planets from 21-40 and moons from 41-60.
Numbers 61-70 are INCREDIBLY rare and often fetch over $90 on eBay.

(this last bit's off the top of my head, so forgive any mistakes but I'm sure about the 61-70 cards being rare)
Carrotstickz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going with the fam!
Old 19 Sep 12, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Administrator

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Closed Thread