Old 24 Sep 12, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisdebl
Getting Excited

Cali-vacation Celebration Day 22 Last Day

Tuesday 14th August

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Our last full day. We had planned to do the Warner Brothers tour today, but decided against it. We had full but not properly packed cases in our room but we also had a car boot full of stuff we had accumulated, I don’t where from as I don’t remember doing much shopping. The holiday had been super busy, just how we like it, but as a result we hadn’t had time to pick any presents for anyone back home.

So, the tour was out, will have to go back to California now!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
We went to Wal-Mart and picked a load of prezzies up, but they declined our card so we paid with cash and popped back to the hotel to phone the bank. They said it was a fraud alert and cleared it immediately. As you can tell from the title, today was day 22, and the bank suddenly realised our card was in the US, we were really impressed with their lightning reflexes

Jord couldn’t resist some pool time so we had a splash around to cool down and then went to the Mall at the Block.
We had a lovely lunch in The Market Broiler. After eating so many meals consisting of just fries it was great to have some real food. I had red snapper with potatoes and vegetables, wow! Christopher had steak, shrimp and potatoes and Jord had chicken tenders. I had intended to take photos because it had been a long time without seeing real food, and this was our last meal, but we got so excited we forgot. This came to a reasonable $45 and we all loved it!
We went shopping and Jord was really stumped trying to choose between buying a ukulele or a mandolin out of his holiday money. In the end he chose a beautiful Ibanez mandolin.

[IMG][/IMG]

We then went to a sports shop and he bought a load of NY Giants stuff. We left the mall and called in Best Buy where Jord treated himself to some Dr. Dre headphones, no idea what was so special about them (I don't even think he is even a real doctor) but they were essential apparently.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

We called in some more shops and Wal-Mart again and Christopher bought a yellow submarine t shirt and I got some Maybelline make up, $4 for mascara, it was so cheap.

We got back to the hotel with all our shopping and emptied the boot of all the stuff we had accumulated. We looked at it all in our room and had a mild panic as to how we were going to fit it in our cases. We began the mammoth task of sorting it out, having to put some of our clothes in our hand luggage to make room for everything.

I began going through my leaflets deciding which ones I need to keep and which I could do without, DH can’t understand why I need any, but I love leaflets and like looking through them once in a while back home. We carried on stuffing thing in and we were right on the limit on every case. Thank the Lord for electronic luggage scales. Fingers crossed that they don’t weigh our hand luggage though!

[IMG][/IMG]

With a huge sigh of relief we finished our packing and we sat on the balcony just in time for the fireworks. We didn’t stay up too late as we had an early start the next day to miss the traffic going to the airport.

Easter 1998 Deerfield, 2000 Highland Reserve, 2002 Crescent Lakes
Summer 2004(with Charley) Palm Key, 2008 New York and Palm Key 2009 Palm Key and Sanibel
2010 Miami and Crescent Lakes 2012 California Trip Report Cali-vacation Celebration
2013 More California
chrisdebl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 12, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Yep you will definately have to go back, Warner Bros tour is great. If we stay in Anaheim again would stay in the Sheraton Park again, can' t believe how much difference just one floor made to the views. We enjoyed our meal at the Market Broiler too, lovely food except ds ordered way too much of it!

We want to do something like your trip next summer for dh 50th so thank you for sharing, I've got some great tips x
Old 24 Sep 12, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Thanks for your trip report, I have loved reading it all and looking at your lovely photos. You clearly all had a fantastic holiday and I am so excited to go next year now, especially as we are staying at the Sheraton park in Anaheim for 8 nights.
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 12, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisdebl
Getting Excited

For anyone considering booking this hotel, look into club level, we found it brilliant in San Diego, and would imagine it good here too, it didn't cost much extra either.

Summer 2004(with Charley) Palm Key, 2008 New York and Palm Key 2009 Palm Key and Sanibel
2010 Miami and Crescent Lakes 2012 California Trip Report Cali-vacation Celebration
2013 More California
chrisdebl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 12, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Just read your whole report in one sitting and all I can say is wow! I too like being busy, busy and your days seemed perfect to me, lots of contrasts too which is great. I have made loads of notes for our hopefull first west coast trip in 2015!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 12, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisdebl
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by minim View Post
Just read your whole report in one sitting and all I can say is wow! I too like being busy, busy and your days seemed perfect to me, lots of contrasts too which is great. I have made loads of notes for our hopefull first west coast trip in 2015!
Wow! In one sitting, how long did that take you? Thanks for reading. It was our best holiday so far, couldn't wish for better.

We are at the very beginning stage of trying to think where to go next year. We are trying to be sensible as we spent a long time going back to Orlando (no regrets) but we know there is a lot more of America to see.

We are toying with the idea of the East Coast - Boston, Cape Cod etc. but then DS mentions something from this holiday and we just melt. At the mo, we can't think what could beat it!

Deb x

2013 More California