Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Oct 12, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

The Amazing Flying Solo Trip - Day 2 - DHS & Epcot

I slept in a little later than I was expecting to today, after my enormous day the day before, so I started on the back foot. I chatted to Paul in the morning whilst sorting out some photos and getting them on facebook for the world to see. Finally got myself out the door, and wandered slowly toward the food court as this is the first time I actually saw the resort in the daylight! It was a bit loud but great fun!

I grabbed a custard danish from the food court on the way to the bus stop, which was amazing by the way!

I can see myself living on these for breakfast next year! After seven, yes seven, Epcot buses, I jumped the bus to Hollywood Studios. Customary photopass pics in front of the giant hat (dunce hat as my mother calls it!), then went to play at Starring Rolls!

Fell in love with a Chocolate Butterfinger cupcake... oh lord! It was amazing but I just couldn't finish it, which made me a bit sad!

I was a bit full of cupcake so thought a ride wouldn't be the best of ideas so went in search of Sorcerer Mickey . I got distracted by shiny things yet again and found myself in a shop looking at the princess hoody I'd been daydreaming about for ages, but now they do it in tshirt form as well! I'd scored a real bargain on a hoody at the outlets so thought I'd get more wear out of a tshirt, so that was coming home with me! I finally found Mickey at the back of the animation building, what a mission that is to find your way through!

After seeing Mickey which was cool to see him in a different outfit, I went to both Tower of Terror and Aerosmith, both rides had really long lines and I really wasn't feeling it today - hated starting so late - so gave up and headed back to the hotel, stopping by another of the gift shops to buy some bridal ears for the girls back home!
Tonight was Drink around the World night with the wedding party, so had a bit of a power nap and got ready to go - special t-shirt and lanyard! I caught the bus and had plenty of time to spare when I arrived, so went to one of our favourite shops the Art of Disney.

Paul and I spent ages in there last year, chatting to an artist called Eddie. He drew Rapunzel for us who has pride of place on our wall at home. Guess who was sitting in the artists chair when I walked in - Eddie! I recognised him but not sure he did me, but he must see thousands of people every year so I'm not bothered hehe. We chatted for a while about the new Fantasyland preview and how he's taking his family, and I was able to order an Angry Donald sketch for Paul - he's been wanting one ever since I got Rapunzel! They do two and three colour sketches now which is awesome, Donald in three colours is pretty much full colour! Sorted out the payment then headed to Japan to meet the wedding party for dinner.
Emz had booked us in to Teppen Edo for dinner, which is awesome, I do love a Tepenyaki bar! The food was amazing and the chef was so much fun!

He drew a Mickey head with oil on our hotplate

Most of the guys had their Japan drink with dinner but I decided to try and pace myself, I knew I'd be on my ear if I had a drink in every country! For dinner I had the chicken and steak combo, which was great so to be able to taste two different delicious meats!

I was really surprised as to how good they were with the bill - they split everyones without asking, and got it right first time, yay go Disney! I ended up only having three drinks around the world - a berry flavoured cocktail in Morocco,

the Grand Manier slushy in France (tasted the pink champagne stuff which was delicious as well) I could have just stayed here all night, and plan to do that next year!

My last drink was the Welsh Dragon in the UK, man that drink lasted me about 4 countries!

We randomly met a guy along the way that had made himself Mickey ears out of plastic wine glasses and was wearing them on his head. We all giggled and chatted to him for a while, then somehow Emz ended up drinking her drink out of one of his ears, and Scott drank his drink out of the other - while they were still on this guy's head! So much fun and something that random can only happy at Disney!

We finished the night with Illuminations and a bottle of Sprite (for me anyway!) The guys headed off to Jellyrolls (of which I found out the next day they couldn't get in as they only had drivers licenses and not passports - not to self if we try and go in 2014!) and I headed back to the hotel as I was headed to Sarah & Nick Woods vow renewal ceremony the next morning!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 12, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
another lovely day, those drinks look delicious
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 12, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mummypig
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Fab pics

mummypig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 12, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Brilliant

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 12, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Glad your out of sorts day, sorted itself out by the evening
It looks as though a good time was had by all
Old 24 Oct 12, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
great day! love drinking around the world! thanks for picking up my ears!

but yes, i would LOVE to see all of your purchases!

its annoying if you get off to a late start, it's amazing the difference an hour or so makes in the parks - so busy!
Old 25 Oct 12, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Amazing day...drinks look very nice xx
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 12, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day and sounded like a great night
Old 25 Oct 12, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 12, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another great day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List