Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Nov 12, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Three Go To Orlando. Day 17 Seaworld 17th October 2012

Today we hopped on to the Trolley, and went the 6 stops to Seaworld – this is the fist time we didn't do Seaworld on the first day, I think this is a lovely, relaxing park and we were looking forward to it.

We got here just in time for the dolphin show Blue Horizons, we weren't expecting the acrobats and birds, it was spectacular and we were really impressed, we didn't see this show last time, so it was a lovely surprise.

As the park was fairly empty,

there was no queue for Manta, so Cody & I decided to do it straight away, we had both been looking forward to this one (Mike was the bag man!) - we were on immediately, and as soon as the restraints came down & the seats pitched forward, we knew we had made a terrible mistake! We felt it was the most awful ride we had ever experienced, we felt really unsafe and would NEVER go on it again – just our opinion of course.

Next we went to Clyde & Seymour Take Pirate Island, this is always a favourite of ours, and we were glad to see the mime was still there (we made sure we avoided him of course!), the show was funny and the animals are all so well trained, it is amazing.

We moved on to the Shamu show One Ocean, it was packed! This must've been where everyone was hiding as everywhere else was empty! Not my favourite but we still enjoyed it.

[IMG][/IMG]

We decided to stop for lunch at this point, we ate at Mango Joes, Cody had a huge steak fajita roll, Mike & I had chicken tenders & fries, we also had a cherry cheesecake and a carrot cake with 3 soft drinks – this cost $48 and was tasty. We sat outside to eat & noticed we could see our hotel from there, for some odd reason, we found this quite exciting!

Next stop was Oysters Secret, a diver went down to the bottom of the tank & came up with a handful of oysters – Cody was told that the uglier the oyster, the prettier the pearl & then she had to choose which one she wanted, the one she picked was opened & contained a 3mm pink (this was a good one apparently). In total with a nice box to keep it in, this cost $32.

We rode Wild Arctic which Cody really loved, although it was a shame the polar bear was fast asleep, Shark Encounter (the walkway wasn't moving which was kind of nice as we were in there quite some time), the Pets Ahoy show – we were impressed at the range of animals used (we LOVE rats) and again, they were all rescued, I think this was my favourite of the animal shows, they are so well trained and intelligent.

A'Lure was a new show for us and we managed to get front row seats – the acrobatics were amazing, I noted in my little book that the 'eels' were my favourite, but the whole show was spell binding in my opinion.

[IMG][/IMG]

We went to Dolphin Cove and the Manta Aquarium – all really lovely, then Cody & I went to Kraken, which had no wait, it was fab, we really loved it, then all three of us went on Journey To Atlantis – we had forgotten part of this ride & how wet you get on it – it was great.

The day here ended with us buying several pots of Stingray food ($5 each box) and Cody had great fun feeding them.

The park closed at 6.00pm and we got on a Trolley fairly easily, we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up and then went to Dave & Busters for dinner.
I had done some research, and the reason we picked a Wednesday for D & Bs was that at that time you got half price game cards with some meals, now, Mike & I had no interest in gaming at all, but Cody is really quite fond of it, so off we went.

Cody & I had steak with mash & onion strands, these came with $10 power play game cards, Mike had bourbon chicken with mash & broccoli. For dessert, Cody had do-nut holes and Mike had Fosters banana pie, we had 2 soft drink, and two Mojitos – the Mojito here was my favourite alcoholic drink of the entire holiday and to this point, the meal was our favourite too. Our server put all of the game play onto one card for Cody & she disappeared for a considerable amount of time.

We eventually got a taxi back to the hotel at around 11.15pm – another great day was over.
Old 19 Nov 12, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another really great day, have to say I would never have thought of going to Dave & Busters, but the food looks yummy and I'm sure my son would love the lure of the games

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 12, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Nice looking food, might have to put Dave & Busters on the list for next year.

Sorry you didn't like Manta, can't comment as we haven't been on it and you have just made our minds up that we won't be anytime soon either
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 12, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Another really great day, have to say I would never have thought of going to Dave & Busters, but the food looks yummy and I'm sure my son would love the lure of the games
It was lovely - the game play lasts indefinitely too, so you don't have to use it all in one go, we were hoping to go back but ran out of time

Originally Posted by DisneyBlonde View Post
Nice looking food, might have to put Dave & Busters on the list for next year.

Sorry you didn't like Manta, can't comment as we haven't been on it and you have just made our minds up that we won't be anytime soon either
Honestly - I think we'd have felt safer on the other coasters without restraints than I felt on that thing!
Old 20 Nov 12, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

Food looks fab! Putting that on my restaurants to try list!
Think I will nominate myself as bag holder for Manta- i didn't really like the look of it anyway and you have just confirmed my suspicions- one for DH and kids only methinks!
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 12, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Food was really yummy & that is a very wise move with Manta
Old 20 Nov 12, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looks good.
Cinderella is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 12, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

We didn't have a bad day! Every one was brilliant
Old 26 Nov 12, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post

aww made me really want to be there one of my favourite parks just love everything about seaworld.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 12, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Me too... except Manta