Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 22 Mar 13, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Vegas & Phoenix 2013 Day 11

Clearly the Vegas weathermen are as good as the UK ones as today was predicted to be chilly and overcast...

Up around 7.30am and decided due to the forecast it would be 3/4 lengths and hoodies today as we were going racing.

Decided on breakfast at Dennys so drove to the one near Peppermill as it has a car park and others on the strip don't. Seated quickly and breakfast good.

Back in the car and we carried on towards the track , you can use the interstate but we prefer to go past the Stratosphere/Downtown etc ,Stopped at Walmart because several NASCAR showcars were on displays,several photo's and freebies later we are back in the car.

Traffic wasn't too heavy so we are soon at the track and park up in our usual spot which isn't too far to walk. By now its much much warmer hoodies are off and i'm wishing i had shorts on.

Had a good look around the trade stands and merchandise haulers and bought yet more stuff,then went and found out seats (same seats as every year nr start/finish line)... Half way through the race and the kids are hungry so Chloe and i go in search of a funnel cake to share ,which was yummy :-)

Decent race won by a decent driver so we're all happy and everything is finished by 3pm ..I've never really understood the huge rush to get back to the car and sit in traffic so we hung around for a while seeing if we could driver spot.

If anyone saw the big crash at Daytona when the car went through the fence ,the driver involved was Kyle Larson .. Connor then spots Kyle Larson walking towards us ,so we ask for a photo and autograph and he had few minutes to talk with us.

I then spot Jeffrey Earnhardt coming towards us.. he's the grandson of Dale Earnhardt who was a legend in NASCAR till his death and the nephew of Connor and Barry's fav driver Dale Earnhardt jr...so Connor is again very impressed with a photo and autograph.

Then i was approached by a member of Nelson Piquet Jr's pit crew asking if i would be there tomorrow,i said yes and he gave me a parking pass to park where the pit crews do (Nationwide teams were flying back to Charlotte so he didn't need it anymore)... What a result that was as it meant we got to park really close to the track.

We were all hungry by now so decided to go back to the car and drive to the Stratosphere. Barely any traffic so we were there quickly,parked up and walked to Roxy's Diner .Seated within minutes and order's taken. And usual the meal was really nice and just short of $50 for the 4 of us inc drinks.

Went back to the Tropicana ,showered and just chilled out for the rest of the evening.

daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 13, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 13, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

Meeting all the drivers can only add to the excitement, Connor really knows his stuff. He looks real chuffed in the 1 st pic with the driver. Chloe's cake looks amazing, as do the ones in the cabinet. Another great day
Old 23 Mar 13, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
We have been really lucky and have met most of the drivers either by hanging around or going to appearances.

Some tracks its much easier than others ,to get to the helipad in Vegas ,the drivers have to cross over near the public carparks ,so its usual to see a few about
Old 24 Mar 13, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

All sounds fab. I know you have mentioned Roxy's Diner before, again brilliant value and those cakes (my downfall!) look divine. Am a big fan of funnel cake too. Well, am a big fan of cakes full stop really!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
All sounds fab. I know you have mentioned Roxy's Diner before, again brilliant value and those cakes (my downfall!) look divine. Am a big fan of funnel cake too. Well, am a big fan of cakes full stop really!
Yes me too red velvet is my favourite. They did a red velvet funnel cake but she wanted the normal one :-(
Old 30 Mar 13, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
red velvet funnel cake sounds SO good
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fantastic day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List