Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 13, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Vegas & Phoenix 2013 Day 15 :-(

Well apparantly i have to go home today.. just not fair !

Today was predicted to be another hot day and it didn't disappoint.

Up around 8am, got into our swim gear and went down to the pool , got 4 loungers in the sunshine and went into the pool. The pool was lovely and warm just like walking into a bath, had about 1 hr in there and then used the hot tub before doing a last bit of sunbathing.

The pool area here really is lovely and i'm glad we got a chance to use it.

Back to the room around 10.30,quick change,final bit of packing and its time to check out.
We used the quick check out option, basically you fill a card out and leave the card and keys in the box.
Amazingly everything fitted in the car (how it was going to fit in our Mondeo was another matter ! ). Left the car in the carpark and went for a walk down the strip , nipped into Ross to see if the bad i had liked the day before was still there it wasn't

Time to head back to the car ,drove to the South outlets as i wanted a couple of vest tops ,Barry told me to look in Guess to see if i liked any bags ,saw one i liked so he bought me it (result 3 new bags).

Down to South Point for one last buffet as i knew the kids (and as it turned out me) wouldn't eat on the plane. Everyone enjoyed it and then it was time to go.

Having checked the paperwork the car needed to be back at3.30 despite us not getting it till 4.30!

Back to the car hire depot ,car checked over quickly,receipt given confirming no charges and we're soon outside..Shuttle pulls up almost immediately and we are soon on the way to the airport.
Note here are the airport its $5 for a trolley ,so we managed the bags between us..

Over to bag drop which was quick and painless ,as usual the check in area was very quiet. The person next to me wanting to change his flight from the next day to the Sunday which VA let him do for £270 !

Straight through security which was painless (and if anyone read last years trippie this is a huge plus for me)..and into the departute lounge.

Terminal 3 is much nicer than the old terminal ,a few more places to get a drink/food etc.
Departure area was pretty busy as the BA flight was due to depart just before ours.

Soon time to board ,we are nearly last to get on, seriously how does some hand luggage actually get on board, the person infront of us had 2 huge Louis Vuitton cases+ shopping bags and this isn't uncommon.

Over the aisle from us was a group of 3 women who just would not do as they were asked...wouldn't stow luggage, wouldn't turn the phone off,wouldn't do this etc... the cabin crew were clearly losing patience with them and in the end what i presume was the supervisor came over and was pretty firm ie do as your told or your off !
Similar happened before landing too!

Flight was ok...food disgusting..so remained uneaten..landed around 10.30am and we were in our car by 11.45am. How all the luggage went in i don't know but it did

Home around 4pm ,unpacked washing on,back to the grindstone !

All in all a brilliant holiday that none of us wanted to end.

As for what's next well..as you can see we have a new countdown

Vegas tickets have been renewed..Phoenix hotel booked. Hoping to do 17 days next year..this year the kids were back at school on the friday and tbh missing 1 extra day won't hurt so hopefully we'll fly home on a Saturday so roll on next year :-)

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

Chicken Korma..(so they say ! )
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Aww I hate reading 'home' days, I can feel the disappointment!

Thanks for writing the report though, ive really enjoyed reading it!

Mental notes made for next trip - Roxys diner, Score, walk to the Hooverdam and strange dog man in Dennys!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I've really enjoyed reading your TR DB. I can totally relate to the glum faces on the final day, leaving Las Vegas is one of the hardest things to do from a travel perspective...

Roll on next years trip
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Thankyou to both of you for reading
Old 25 Mar 13, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to post your report and pics.
Always find something new to do.
The Kiss mini-golf looks fun !
Which Wal-Mart did you visit for freebies at LV ?
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Really enjoyed your trippie, glad someone else has seen the crazy dog man! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post your report and pics.
Always find something new to do.
The Kiss mini-golf looks fun !
Which Wal-Mart did you visit for freebies at LV ?
NASCAR freebies..the one past downtown on the way to the track might be called Nellis BLVD..but it varies every year,last year they had the cars out at one miles away from anywhere so we didn't bother going.

Pussycat.. i hope he's there next year too, i am intrigued by him

And thankyou both :-)
Old 25 Mar 13, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
NASCAR freebies..the one past downtown on the way to the track might be called Nellis BLVD..but it varies every year,last year they had the cars out at one miles away from anywhere so we didn't bother going.
Thanks.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 13, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

A fabulous and informative read,thanks for writing it