Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Mar 13, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Caroline & Christian hit Florida November 2012 Day 5

Saturday 17th November
Day 5 Epcot and Longhorn

We were awake at 9am just before our alarm went off and got up and had some breakfast of cereal, toast and juice. Love the big fridges in Florida homes! Today we were going to Epcot via the Boardwalk, one of my fave places in Disney like many other people I’m sure. We got ready quickly and headed over to Epcot arriving at 10ish, today was shaping up to be a hot day which was welcome after the last few slightly overcast days.

We took some photos and enjoyed a relaxed walk through Epcot passing through Club Cool for some refreshments which were yummy and already needed today – we weren’t used to the heat! We walked via UK and exited Epcot to get the boat over to the boardwalk, one was waiting for us so on we went enjoying the lovely day and the boat ride to the yacht club, what a beautiful day! When there we had a good look around, took photos and looked at all the decorations, it really was lovely.

We then wandered on around to Beaches and Cream, we weren’t really ready for food but this was probably the only chance we would get with mum and dad so in we went and C and I shared a mud fudge sundae and mum and dad shared a strawberry shortcake, both were really good…as you can see from the photos! I have a photo of the receipt so know this came to $20 including tip. Love beaches and cream, such a cute little place and love the themeing, will always be on my to do list.

[IMG][/IMG]

We continued on with our walk and then went back into Epcot to explore some more of the World Showcase where we mooched in the shops, took lots of photos, enjoyed a beer and caramel strawberry from Germany – delicious! Mum brought us some beautiful bowls from Epcot with cute cats on, love them. We rode Maelstrom and the little Fiesta ride, cute! By this point it was hot hot hot and we decided to head back to the villa for some relaxation and pool time. The afternoon was spent enjoying the pool and watching American tv.

In the evening we went to longhorn steak house which we were all looking forward to after mum and dad’s rave reviews from their previous trip, we didn’t have to wait for a table but it was busy, we got a nice booth for the four of us and started with drinks. I know C had a coke as he was driving this evening, dad had a wine I believe and can’t remember what mum had but I’m guessing it was either a sprite or a virgin cocktail. I had a martini which comes in the shaker to the table. Nice drink, not particularly strong.

We order the potato chips to share to start, they are huge and very delicious, fresh cooked potato chips.

Now I don’t have very good notes for this day and you’ll see why tomorrow but unfortunately I have terrible notes and didn’t jot down what we had but let’s just stay ‘steak’ and I’ll let the photos do the talking:

Overall a very, very good meal and we left feeling stuffed but happy, can’t remember the cost but we all thought it was incredibly good value and for any steak lovers it’s a must. I would actually put it above Wolfgang Pucks restaurant, Cut on Park Lane which you have to take a mortgage out to enjoy so that’s saying something! We crashed soon after, thanks for reading!

2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 (including Disney Cruise), 2017, 2018
Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Great pic's and love the lanyards...
F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely day, them ice creams look delish and your steaks look very good, glad you managed to get some sun today
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day again we love Longhorn steaks are fab
Old 31 Mar 13, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Another great day.. can't wait to try beaches and cream.. the kids do not know about the kitchen sink so i am going to surprise them with it!

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for all the lovely comments - we ate lots of food this day and all was delicious, dreaming of those steaks now...

Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellestar View Post
Great pic's and love the lanyards...
Love them, they are hanging up proudly in our bedroom, still with unused FP in waiting for there next trip

Old 2 Apr 13, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Heheeee brilliant photos from today, love the one of Christian outside the Italian and then him and your Dad in their sombreros! And I must say your legs look fantastic in the pic of you and C in front of the big tree, hehee. Steaks at Longhorns look DELICIOUS! So hungry now!
Old 11 Apr 13, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great relaxing day! I must try and get to Beaches n Cream this year! xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 13, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
goodness me, those food pics are fab, and the mud slide from beaches looks totally delicious
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List