Day 2: Pismo Beach to San Francisco

Day 3: San Francisco

Day 4: San Francisco

Day 5: San Francisco & Yosemite National Park

Day 6: Yosemite National Park

Day 7: Yosemite National Park to Lone Pine

Day 8: Death Valley & Vegas

Day 9: Grand Canyon & Las Vegas

We had set the alarm for 4.30am as the shuttle was coming to get us at 4.40. We had a few other pick ups to do before we went over to the airport in Boulder City. I was feeling much better this morning after my little sickness episode the night before and we were both really excited to see the Canyon

When we got to the airport, it was a bit of a farse to be honest. Some were doing helicopter tours, some were doing the Skywalk, some were doing bus tours, some, like us were doing plane tours and you were given a different coloured sticker depending on what you were doing. They weighed you on check in as well

After what seemed like forever, it was finally our turn to be called up. They took a register. On our plane it was literally me and Neil and about 10 Indian tourists. It was hilarious. The pilot came up to us, knowing immediately who we were by our names

I took a quick photo of the plane:

And we were soon up, up and away

This plane ride was absolutely incredible for what we paid for it. I think it was £88 each We had 90 minutes in the air and saw everything! The windows were massive so we were able to really get a sense of the scale of the Canyon.

Hoover Dam.

This was really incredible experience for the two of us to share - it was so special for us to be able to see one of the most amazing sights on Earth together

We were soon back on the ground and returning to Vegas.

We didn't do much for the rest of this day! We had breakfast in the food court at the hotel, and then skyped our parents. I had a nap for a couple of hours while Neil went to watch the Germany vs. Holland game downstairs. As I'm speaking to him now, he recalls that there were loads of Germans in the area in front of the football screens who were giving a lot of abuse to a young couple from the Netherlands!

In the afternoon (we daren't go out in the midday sun in Vegas as we're redheads ) we slapped on the factor 50 suncream and went for a quick dip in the massive Luxor pool. The water in the pool was warm and we shared a bucket of Bud Light & Lime which was amazing!

We had snacks in the room for tea and decided to walk along the strip again to see if we could get a bit further up this time. Armed with a bottle of water, I expected to be fine. Sadly we only made it to Caesar's Palace before I managed to feel sick again :angry:.

We were happy to crash out though. It had been a long day and we were up early for an epic drive tomorrow. The day I had been waiting for: Disneyland!

Day 10 - Vegas to Disneyland is here

Edited at 11:01 AM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DeniseC
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Fab Canyon pics especially. Looks amazing!
Who did you book your trip with?

We have booked our first trip to LV for Oct. '13. Really looking forward to it.
Denise
DeniseC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 13, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

loving your trip report Tracy. We haven' t been over that side for 16 years before we had DS and your report reminds me of our very first trip to the states 20 years ago when we did California and Vegas before we ever went to Florida!

As you can see from our countdown we are on our way back with our DS and hope he falls in love with the place that holds a special place in our hearts as well as Disneyworld and Florida.

We too loved Yosemite, magical, and Lone Pine; had my first ever stack of American pancakes here! Loved Vegas too and can't wait to go back.

We also did the same flight as you over the Grand Canyon and fell in love again; gave us the inspiration to go back and see it from the south rim in a later trip. This time we think it may be a long while before we get to go back to the West Coast so we are doing the North rim so we can then say we have seen it all except from the bottom!

What a fab dissertation and how brave to be there on your own. wishing you luck with it and really looking forward to the rest of your trip report, taking me back to so many memories with my DH.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 13, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DeniseC View Post
Fab Canyon pics especially. Looks amazing!
Who did you book your trip with?

We have booked our first trip to LV for Oct. '13. Really looking forward to it.
Denise
Denise, we booked with Viator but I think you could genuinely book with anyone. While we were in Vegas, we didn't hear of anyone say anything about a bad experience flying over the Canyon. Only absolute awe
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 13, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Day 10: Vegas to Disneyland is here
Old 4 Apr 13, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Fantastic day
Old 17 Apr 13, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another really great day for you both

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 13, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Another great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List