Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Apr 13, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Caroline & Christian hit Florida November 2012 Day 12

Saturday 24th November 2012
Day 12 Sweet Tomatoes and Magic Kingdom

Today would see the start of a few days of relaxing mornings, you’re probably thinking ‘how lazy are you guys?’ well the answer is very lazy! We chilled out, took a long swim in the pool, watched some tv and headed out around 2.45 because hunger called! We had had a light breakfast at home and snacked on some crisps and biscuits (all healthy stuff) but to be honest we just weren’t that hungry. I love reading everyone’s trippies on here but know I could not keep up with the DDP and make the most of it!

We went to sweet tomatoes and I printed a voucher that was for 50% off one adult meal and for the 2 of us inc tip the bill came to $20 so a cheap meal. My family really like it here but not being a huge salad lover it’s not my fave place but I do like the baked potatoes and pizza, I also figured C might appreciate some veggies.

I'm well aware this looks pretty darn horrific! I promise it's nicer than it looks!

For those of you who haven’t been before when you enter you have a huge salad bar then there is a buffet of approx 6 soups, 3 pastas, garlic bread, jacket potatoes, pizza and bread, the desserts are ice cream and brownies. We had an ok meal here but I’m not sure we would return (my parents will be passing out reading this hehe) then headed off to Magic Kingdom. Today we knew the crowds would be busy as it was Thanksgiving weekend and a Saturday, as we had already done 2 good sessions the plan was to take it easy, wander round and take in the atmosphere and do some of the attractions we had never done. The good thing with coming and going is that over the 3 visits we did everything we wanted to…except splash!

We parked in villains and then decided to get the boat over, we just missed one but didn’t have to wait long. It was around 4.30pm now, the sun was low, it was warm and a very beautiful day to be heading over to MK, the boat was really quiet and it was an enjoyable start to the park and we got some lovely photos..

We arrived and it was definitely very busy, we walked left and into adventure land, i haven’t done jungle cruise in years, I did it in Hong Kong but couldn’t really remember it, the line was 50 mins but the fp was for 45 mins... why do people get in line when you can fp for the same time? I think many people still don’t really get the fp system but hey we weren’t complaining! We got our fast passes then wandered around adventure land, Pirates was around 40 mins so we skipped it. We had never done the tree house before...and wont be again However we were reminded why it was there as one killed was yelling this is the most amazing thing ever over again, bless! I had heard lots of things on the dibb about the Tiki rooms...not necessarily good but as it seems to be a tradition for most we thought why not, well we did giggle quite a lot, all good fun and the song was in our head for the rest of the day!

A quick bathroom stop, a walk to splash to get a fp and it was time for our jungle cruise, the sun was now beginning to set, does anyone else think it gets dark very suddenly in Florida? Jungle cruise was as enjoyable as it can be, we had a good skipper who was great. We then walked around to splash, it wasn’t time for our fp, it had gone tech and had suddenly gone pretty cold! For some reason this is the one ride have still never done in 4 trips for one reason or another... well as dibbers say, you always need a reason to go back right?! The line for BTMR was 70 mins, no thank you! We walked up into the new fantasy land and went to Gaston’s Tavern and chilled out with a tea and a coke. It had gone very cold and even with thick hoodies on and trousers it was cold but the tea helped us defrost a little!

Just love the castle when it looks like this!

It was now time for the electrical parade, we got a good spot across from the Christmas shop and enjoyed the parade, it was cold standing there though and I had to do lots of moving to keep warm, if you go in November it’s worth remembering that the days can be glorious but the evenings can get very cold, it is November after all and today we could have done with a coat but we survived! Lots of lovely lights and even typing this now the music is in my head! Not many photos are they look a bit naff (someone laughed when I said naff the other day – apparently it’s not a cool word to use, woops!).

We headed into tomorrow land for a wander and we did the people mover after which a lovely couple gave us there fp tickets for buzz just as we were wondering whether we would have time to join the line before going to get a spot for the show before Wishes. Thank you very much! We actually rode twice and it was good fun. We then headed to in front of the Castle, we got a good spot with lots of space and watched the show that has replaced the magic, the memories and you. It was very good and themed towards Christmas, I loved it when they turned the castle into a gingerbread house!

Then it was time for wishes when I of course cried hehe, I have often had the video of wishes playing in you tube in the background when I’m doing things in the house and looking forward to the holiday and hear I was listening to it! After Wishes which was fabulous we decided to let the crowds clear before leaving. We walked onto winnie the pooh and then headed around to pirates which was walk on and we had our own boat, the 2 girls here were very funny ' there are cameras all around you know, no funny business, we're watching you' hehe!

We left the park stopping off in some of the shops on the way, it was time to leave MK for the last time, last look at the castle, more tears and with promises from C that we can come back next year (I have the video footage!) we made our way via the resort monorail back to the TTC. Both monorails were busy, we had to wait a long time but the resort one I still think was a bit quicker.

Poser hehe!

Back home C heated up a slice of left over pizza for me and made himself to hot doggies, we shared a mountain dew ( before bed naughty) watched a bit of tv and crashed out not long after, a great day!

Thanks for reading everyone

2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 (including Disney Cruise), 2017, 2018
Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 13, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

A fab day with great photos, so nice to leave MK knowing you will be going back

Thanks for sharing

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel princess
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
A fab day with great photos, so nice to leave MK knowing you will be going back

Thanks for sharing
You're so right and i'm just starting to plan our Sept trip and have made all our ADRS (all 3 of them) hehe x

2005, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 (including Disney Cruise), 2017, 2018
Ariel princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

I say naff too so we both must be uncool And nothing wrong with a lazy morning... I think you learn that the more you go... they're needed!

On your pic with GF in the background, is the construction site the DVC villas? It looks totally out of place I need to go and have a nosy and see if I can find any plans/artwork.

JA x

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

Really enjoying your report. Looking forward to the rest.
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 13, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jollymon
Imagineer

Jollymon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Hi,

Great reports. We are going in November this year (9-23) we have been in feb before when we had to wear jeans and jumpers during the day.

Was your weather warm enough during the day?
Jollymon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 13, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
charandcubby
slightly serious Dibber

Really enjoying reading your trippie, went in November in 2011 so it's bringing back lots of good memories! Thankyou for sharing
June/July 2011 TLV, Nov/Dec 2011 LBV
May/June 2001 RPM, Sept 2005 BWL
charandcubby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 13, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Kate
Excited about Disney

Really enjoying the report, love the pic of the castle as a gingerbread house, looking forward to reading more :-)
Old 8 Apr 13, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

A really great, chilled out day. I loved the pic of the castle as a gingerbread house, I've never seen that before!
Old 11 Apr 13, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww what a lovely afternoon at MK, you got lots done despite the crowds! x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List