Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Apr 13, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

No Weddings, No Engagements, just a holiday - Day 2

Welcome to day 2

I will apologise at the outset but this is going to be a long one with many photos. I hope you will all stick with me.

There were 2 surprises for Caley today which we will go into later.

It was an early start with both of us being up at around 05:00, we pottered around watching TV, reading, washing etc. I was then sent for breakfast and picked up a pain aux chocolat and a cinnamon roll with some juice.

The first surprise was a hotel move, this I had managed to keep a secret but at 09:00 we were all packed and ready to check out. Some final thoughts on AOA (although not the last we will see of it, more on this later) this hotel has been put together brilliantly, the themeing is just great. Whilst we really liked the hotel we decided it was not for couples, for a family it would be perfect but for us a little too noisy. The family suite would be perfect for a young family and if we had kids I think we would have gotten a lot more from the hotel. I particularly liked the pool area, whislt we did not use it, the pool was stunning and you could see the kids loved it.

Once checked out we headed to Walmart as we wanted to buy a camcorder, after checking out the selection we chose one and handed over the cash for my shiny new toy. Whilst at Walmart we also picked up some room snacks and a bottle of champagne.

After finishing wandering Walmart and being amazed at the size of everything in it we headed for DTD. This again invloved walking through every shop on the way to our lunch destination the Earl of Sandwich.

I think the Earl may be my favourite food, it might not be a fancy sit down restaurant but we eat here multiple times on the holiday and loved it each time.

We also picked up a new wedding ring for Caley as she lost her original one.

After lunch we headed to our new hotel, which Caley had no idea about. On the way out we saw the great Randy Chapman taking photos of a lady in her wedding dress, I thought it might be LadyEmz and lo and behold it was, however we did not stop (this was because I rushed us past, Caley was desperate to stop and say hi to Randy but I had my reasons for not wanting to).

The closer we got to the hotel the more excited she became, once we passed through these gates she knew it was going to be special

And then we arrived

Now to be fair this was not true altruism on my part, ever since the monorail took me through this hotel on my first trip back in 1996 I have dreamed of staying at the Contemporary and whilst it was only for one night I was as excited as Caley (I just keep it inside and dont look like an excitable school kid in the way Caley does)

We got checked in, the room was not ready yet, now this was not entirely convenient in view of the big surprise of the day which required we got changed into posh clothes. Caley again had no idea on this one and all she knew was posh clothes were required. We ended up getting changed in the Contemporary rest rooms, which were to be fair nicer than my bathroom at home.

We left the Contemporary all poshed up with Caley still wondering what we were doing, she became even more confused when she noted we had driven all the way back to AOA. We went back to the lobby and sat to wait for the surprise to arrive...

TBC
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Cont...

Cont...

It was not long and in walked the surprise and the reason I had rushed past Randy earlier. Yes there was Randy to do a portrait session for us, Caley was very excited to see Randy again and it was really good to catch up with him, he had not changed a bit and we went on to do a fantsatic portrait session around AOA. Here are a few (okay more than a few) of the photos we took.

Cont...
Old 6 Apr 13, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Half a day is just not good enough =[ Type faster =P
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Cont...

Cont...

Im not sure what Caley is doing above, Randy said to look grumpy like the car, this was easy for me but it appears that Caley struggled with that.

[IMG][/IMG]
Sexy (Caley looks ok to)

There I said this was going to be photo heavy, this is only a small selection of the thousands of photos Randy gave us (Im not kidding, there were 3000+)

This was such a great afternoon and Randy really is the best. I cannot say how good he is and if you want a photographer for Wedding/Engagement/general photo session then he is the man for you and you will not regret it.

Once we said our goodbyes to Randy we headed back to Contemporary for a much needed wash (it was boiling and I may have been a tad sweaty by the end of the photo session)

We headed up to our room (which was now ready) and we were over the moon. I had paid for a MK view and it was worth every penny what a view to have from your balcony and the room itself was amazing.

Here was our view, does it get any better than this?

We relaxed in our room for a while before going exploring our hotel and again taking lots of photos

TBC

Edited at 04:25 PM.
Old 6 Apr 13, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Cont...

Cont...

We really love this hotel. Once we had finished gawping we took the monorail over to the Polynesian and once again found ourselves in love with a hotel and this will be our next treat.

Once we finished touring we headed back to our room to relax and wait to watch Wishes from the balcony.

A quick nap and something to eat (I say something to eat but I have no idea what I just know that there is no way I would not have eaten). It was soon time for wishes and we settled on the balcony with

And waited for the fireworks to start and they did not disapoint

The fireworks were amazing as always, although this viewpoint really does show you how far away they are from the actual Castle. By this point we were both a little tipsy (maybe a lot) but feeling great, now this felt like a Disney holiday. I really cannot think of many better things to do than sit on your hotel balcony looking out over the Magic Kingdom and watching fireworks.

I stayed up a while longer playing with my camera and taking some photos some of which I will share and then I promise this day will end

TBC
Old 6 Apr 13, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Cont...

[IMG][/IMG]

So thats the end of Day 2, it was a doozy and I think one of the best days I have ever spent in Florida (with the exception of my wedding day and the day we got engaged)

I'm sorry for the length of this day and the number of photos but this was a day of memories that I wanted to share. I hope you enjoyed them as much I did.
Old 6 Apr 13, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
<3 It x
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Don't apologise! What a great day, I love that you have managed to experience 2 fantastic resorts in 2 days! The balcony and view from your room in the Contemporary was amazing!

Fabulous photos too!

Keep going with your trip pie, its a great read!
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab photos - looking forward to more.
Old 7 Apr 13, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
indie2312
Apprentice Imagineer

lovely photos! I love trip reports photo heavy
contemporary is my favourite resort one day ill stay there, very jealous of the views you had!
indie2312 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List