Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Apr 13, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

No Weddings, No Enagagements, just a holiday - Day 8, Animal Kingdom, MNSSHP

Good evening all, hope you are all well. After a day of gardening and baking my last job of the day is to write up day 8 so here goes

Oh here is a picture of todays bread, I think it is my best so far, I know you would miss having baked products in these reports.

Today was a long one that started early and soon saw us heading to Animal Kingdom.

We queued for the park to open and then headed on in, we wandered around the Tree of Life for a while and gradually headed over to the Serengeti Safari.

I always enjoy the safari but have never seen the lions properly they are always just out of sight. Lions being my favourite animal this always frustates me. Still it's still a great ride and I enjoy the other animals to.

And then we reach Pride Rock (I don't know if they actually call it this, but it makes sense to me). I was prepared for disappointment but finally there they were in full show, I apologise but I was very excited and there are some photos of these rather large cats.

Now I was happy with seeing the two females but round the corner was a bonus, a young male. You can tell he is young as not a lot of hair but it was getting there.

Cont...

Edited at 08:00 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 13, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Cont...

I could now leave the safari happy, although we did also see Pumbaa and his mates

Once back at home base we wandered to the Gorilla trail, I also love Gorillas so yet another photo warning.

This is not a Gorilla but a very pretty bird

I am always amazed at how huge they are and am forced to admit they could pull me apart without even trying, especially this guy who does not look like he wanted to be papped. I trusted to Disney to keep me safe and papped away.

We then started to feel a little hungry and wandered in the direction of Yak and Yeti. We took the Flights of Wonder show in on the way. I like this show for the birds, the actual acting is not so high on my agenda.

By the end of the show we were starving and there would be no more delaying, except for this photopass man

And after that we arrived and could feed like the animals we all are.

I had beef chow mein and Caley had sweet and Sour, we have on every trip booked an ADR here and every time replaced it with something else. After eating from the quick service place this time we will definately stick to our next ADR there. Absolutely delicious.

Happy and full we headed to the tiger trail

We then wandered and took random photos

Cont...

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Old 21 Apr 13, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Cont...

We then decided it was time to head out of the park, we had a late night ahead of us and wanted a little nap. Before we left we visited Doug and Russ

Caley found it hilarious when Doug licked her, I found it a little inapropriate I mean I, her husband, was stood right there.

We headed back to Coronado and had a nap before preparing ourselves for the nights festivities at MNSSHP. Now I have NEVER dressed up in my life and it says a lot about WDW that I would do so and enjoy it. Anyone who knows me in the real world would never believe I did it and in fact I'm not sure I have told anoyone about it, guess that's about to change.

We headed to MK for 16:00, we were due to meet Caley's cousin Lee and his son David who had arrived in Florida a couple of days before and were coming to the party with us. It felt very odd wandering around in costume in broad daylight.

We arrived at the park, met Lee and headed in. We had a meal booked at 17:00 at Tony's. So we showed Lee and David a few of the sites on Main Street before checking in. Now it was very hot today and I was wandering around in a nylon wig and hat, I was getting very damp, so have no idea why when the server asked if we minded sitting on the porch area I agreed. It was hot, but you do have a view of Main Street. I have to say this was not our favorite mean and we would probably not go here again, Caley enjoyed seeing Lady and the Tramp but that was about it... the heat did not help. There was one of the mini parades on though so sitting outside was not that bad... it was still very hot though.

After dinner we headed to Buzz, at this stage Lee and David were not in costume, as you can see from the below I was and I was hot, in all senses of the word; seriously Im sure all women love a good Pirate

We rode Buzz, and I was victorious although it was nice having a challenge this time, as unlike Caley, Lee seemed to understand that you get points by shooting things not by just spinning the machine and shooting randomly.

We spent a couple of hours doing the big rides, this was a first visit for Lee and David so we tried to share as much of our knowledge as we could. They loved the park.

After riding Splash it was coming on 18:30 and I decided that I wanted to queue for the Dwarves, I was really looking forward to seeing all 7 for some reason. At this point L & D went off to get changed.

19:00 soon arrived and out came the Dwarves, we really enjoyed this and wish that the Photopass man had understood that in low light conditions the shutter stays open longer and if you move the camera you get a blurry photo

It's ok but we really wanted a good one here that we could frame, but you win some and lose some. I of course posed next to my idol, no not Dopey, Grumpy.

We then hit BTM and after that crossed to the Haunted Mansion to pick up the other must have photo, now this one is a good one

There are some of us acting scared, but hey I'm in a pirate costume I will not compund the embarrasement by a silly face as well.

After riding Haunted Mansion we headed to Space Mountain, which I ducked out of, my stomach was not going to tolerate it. David also did not want to ride which gave me a good excuse. We wandered around trick or treating whilst we waited. BTW since the party started we had been hitting every trick or treat stand we passed by, I think this was Davids favourite part, he could not believe they were handing out so many free sweets (well free if you don't count the $60 entrance fee).

It was soon time to see the parade, this is a great parade and I liked the Horseman but would have liked it even more if he had gone faster but I guess safety first. No photos I'm afraid as I was using the camcorder.

We could tell by this point that David was flagging and even the promise of more free sweets could not keep him going much longer so Lee and David departed and left the two of us to just wander round and enjoy the atmosphere, which we did.

The MNSSHP is great, the atmosphere is brilliant, I cannot tell you how good the cast were; I don't think there was a single one who did not greet me as Captain Jack, one even GARRRRED me, which I, not knowing how to react, laughed at and was immediately told off for. This happened in the Pirates of the Carribean area and he would not let me go until I proved I was a pirate and GARRRED back. This took me to the limits of my embarrasement but I did however comply and felt very liberated for it (that may have just been the very thin trousers making me feel liberated).

We wandered for a long time, picking up candy as we went. By the time we made it to the Circus there was no queue for the characters so we headed in.

Minnie and Daisy flirted with me a lot, see told you all women love a handsome pirate. Donald and Goofy were up to no good, as we were the only ones in the tent they were wandering over and mucking about whilst we had our photo with the girls. They were suitably admonished in the end by Minnie.

We had photos with them all and Donald even did my hair for me (after initially mocking it). This was great interaction from all four of them and made the night just that bit more special for us.

Look at the big bag of candy Caley has.

Oh look I have 2 bags of candy

After these photos we started to head out with very sore feet (not so sore that we did not stop for more candy). We left at about 12:30 having loved every bit of the party and pretty exhausted but very happy.

We were still eating the candy for at least a month after our return to the UK.

Edited at 08:08 PM.
Old 21 Apr 13, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Great day. We were at the party a couple of days after you. You must have been so hot all dressed up. Great costumes though : )

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 13, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I love your loaf
I love your many pins
& I love your deadpan in your photos ( Donald got you right at the end though, don't think we won't notice that actual smile )
Old 21 Apr 13, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great costumes
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 13, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another fab day! Love love love Animal Kingdom! Great pics of the lions

I've never done Flights of Wonder, but am going to have to try it this year!

Great costumes and photos from MNSSHP!
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 13, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Susie83
Getting Excited

Loved reading about your experiences and the photos are fab! Makes me even more excited about going in July lol!

Susie83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Great trippie and love the baking updates and photos, makes me hungry when I catch up with your days!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 13, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

yay for seeing the lions, super pics of them , great morning in AK
Loving those outfits for MNSSHP - shame you didn't think Tony's was up to much
Fab pics again - all GARRRRED out, LOL too funny
How nice to be able to share the day with David and Lee - hope they got a ton of sweeties
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List