Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
The Summer 2012 trip - better late than never! Day 4

Trip Index here.

Day 4 - 29/07/12

Woke up at 6:10 am, groaned and rolled over, and for once was lucky to be able to get back to sleep, finally waking at a more respectable 8:00 am.

Decided to head out to Walmart at Cagan's Crossing for a few bits like fresh bread and more orange juice, before spending the rest of the day by the pool. We took our disposable underwater camera to try and get yesterday's Grand Reef photos processed. Unfortunately, Walmart no longer do regular film processing, but they suggested we try Walgreens. After getting our groceries, we decide to get some cash out of the ATM, using our Fairfx cards. Katie went first, having no problems, then I tried mine. I got given a receipt stating my request had been declined due to an incorrect PIN number. Panic set in. I had got the card last year, been to the cashpoint at home to change my PIN before last years trip, but I only ended up using it in shops. I started to worry that I'd changed it to a different number, and now had no idea what it was. I had visions of having to be careful with our remaining cash, and having to pay by card for every transaction, no matter how small.

We headed back to the villa, calling at the Walgreens just before the turning to Glenbrook Boulevard. They didn't do film processing either, but told me that there was a Walgreens on the 192, about 5 miles east that still did, so decided to try that later.

Once back, we had a much later breakfast. It appears that I have finally been successful in changing my body clock around. I also checked out Fairfx's website, and got the number to ring to get a PIN reminder, which bore no resemblance to any number I might have changed it to! Anyway, panic over - we can now get some cash. We also made a couple of phone calls home.

Brandon decided to do a bit of running on the treadmill in the garage, while the rest of us lazed by the pool. I read my kindle for a while, while the others went in the pool, before decided I was too hot and just had to join them. We stopped briefly for some French stick and salad, before returning to the pool.

Some clouds started to build, which made us think that there might be an afternoon shower, which would have been the first we have seen on this trip. We decided to call it a day, shower and get ready, before nipping to Old Navy at Lake Buena Vista Outlets to get Katie some more shorts. While in the shower, I discover I had obviously missed some spots with the sun cream today. I have an odd red patch on each thigh, a spot on my right hand, a patch on my right shin, and slightly burnt feet. They don't feel too bad until I put my flip flops on, where my left foot in particular gets sorer when some rubbing takes place.

Once we are all ready, we notice that the clouds had disappeared, without the expected storm. We have been so lucky with the weather so far.

We head off to the outlets regardless, which became quite interesting shall we say! DH realised he'd forgotten the sat nav, but thought he knew where it was anyway. That is until he pulled into the Premium Outlets. He thought that was where I meant. I was slightly frustrated as it was now 5:10 pm, and I'd checked the closing times on the internet which said that all of the relevant outlets shut at 6pm today, as it was a Sunday. We had a quick walk round anyway (well apparently I walked off and the others walked behind me, my frustration showing) - Katie told me later I was 'well mardy'. Surely that must happen to everyone on holiday and it's not just us?

We picked up a map, and chose to look in Gap, but had no luck, so decided to head for LBV outlets for Old Navy, hoping to catch it before it shut (DH by now had checked out where it was on his phone). I didn't hold out much hope of getting there in time as it was now 5:45pm, but bit my tongue. We got there at 5:55 pm and ran into the shop, expecting to be told to leave. DH parked the car, then came into us, spotting the sign on the door that said it would shut at 7pm on Sundays. All that hassle and we had plenty of time after all! Thankfully it was a successful trip, as Katie managed to get two pairs of shorts for $25.

We head back along the 192, calling at Walgreens by Sherberth Road. Finally success here too - they could process our photos. We arrange to collect them tomorrow, and continue along the 192 for a short way until we reach Longhorns. There seemed a lot of people waiting for a table, but were pleasantly surprised to be told that there would only be a 15 minute wait, so we nipped to the bar to get some soft drinks while we wait.

We're soon taken to a booth, where we order some bacon wrapped wedges as our free appetiser for joining their online club.

They also bring us some yummy bread to share. We all order steaks. I go for the 9oz fillet with a baked potato and green beans.

Martin orders the Flat Iron Steak with Stuffed Portabella mushroom, loaded baked potato and vegetables.

Katie and Brandon both go for the 12oz sirloin with fries and vegetables.

The food was lovely and the bill came to $75 plus tip. The meal was made even better as Katie and Brandon decided to pay for it to treat us.

We head back to the villa and notice a beautiful strip of reddish cloud in the sky.

We decide to sit back out by the pool, looking at clouds in the evening sky. Katie was on fire, spotting a dragon, a teddy bear, a face, an owl and 2 hidden mickeys.

We then watch a bit of tv, while I catch up with my notes. Katie even volunteered things to add. I think she's finally accepting my ways!

We manage to stay up a bit later today thanks to our lie in this morning.

Tomorrow will be an earlier start as Katie and Brandon are off to Blizzard Beach.

Day 5

Edited at 03:42 PM.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great day, food looks excellent! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Longhorns is certainly ticking the boxes for me
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Great day, food looks excellent! Pussycat
It was lovely, and even better that it didn't cost me a penny!

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Longhorns is certainly ticking the boxes for me
Longhorn's is one of our favourite restaurants and I can't wait to return there in the summer.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
littlejem1
Dibbing with Tink

Another great day hope your sunburnt feet didn't give you to much problem over the holiday.

January 2006 & 2009 Paradise Cove
September 2014 - Bella Vida
January 2016 - Compass Bay 2nd Honeymoon
February 2019 - Eagle point South.
Disney, Finally here we come and the Grandkid's still don't know Sshhhh- September 2014
Time to say Good-bye... January 2016
littlejem1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 13, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Another fab day food once again looks great
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma2288
Very Serious Dibber

Is it only me who can't see the pics?
Emma2288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
Oh no, what's happened?

Will go and investigate now.
Old 25 Apr 13, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Emma2288 View Post
They should be back now.
Old 28 Apr 13, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
happyhope
VIP Dibber

The food looks lovely mmmmmm