Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 May 13, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our August 2012 Trip with Brangelina - Day 4 - Aquatica, Rudeness at Denny's and Seaworld

So, what will Day 4 bring?

The plan had us down spending the morning at Aquatica and the afternoon at Seaworld. We have done Seaworld quite a few times but the only other waterpark we had been to was Wet n' Wild on our first trip in 2009 - that was enough to put us off waterparks in Florida because both Lindsay and myself ended up with really bad sunburn despite copious amounts of suncream and only being in the sun a couple of hours (Emily was fine apart from a kick in the face from an enthusiastic youth in the kids bit on a zip wire). This is not an exaggeration to say that my shoulders the next day looked like bubble wrap and I had to get some surgical dressings from Walgreens as otherwise I would not have been able to go out. I didn't like Wet n' Wild anyway - a bit too teenagery for my liking although the Bomb Bay thing was amusing and it was apparently more amusing to watch the sheer terror on my face when I dropped.

Anyway - back to the 2012 trip. We had decided that waterparks were back on the agenda and Aquatica looked nice and sedate. Later in the holiday we were going to get the 2nd car I had organised (me/us organising was a constant theme before and during the holiday) - so if they wanted to spend more time at Seaworld the could on their own when we have the 2nd car. On the subject of the 2nd car - I did throughout the planning of this holiday and the times I had spoken with them tried to persuade them that a 2nd car for the duration of the holiday was essential as it meant that we weren't tied to each other but 'We're just happy doing what you're doing' was all we ever got back. I really wish I had insisted.

So - did they manage to get up at a decent time this day?

I can't actually remember the exact details but I don't think they kept us waiting around much this day so that's an improvement. Even though the day before I had 'a skinful' I would have been up before them, cleaned, tidied, put the bins out (which they never did once - not even taking stuff out to the main recycling or refuge bins). I am not an early riser either!

Not got any pictures at Aquatica ... I bet you're thinking whats going on - usually there have been at least 10 pics by now. I would have left my camera and the phone in a locker, but the place was quite nice - much better than Wet n' Wild for us anyway. Didn't do that much in the park apart from play about with Emily around the little lazy river place and do the Dolphin Plunge with Brangelina (Lindsay was thankful for me taking them away from her and Emily for a bit).

So - quite a nice few hours in Aquatica we (I say we, probably Brangelina) decided we should go and get some lunch before we made our way to Seaworld.

We weren't sure where we were going to go but Brangelina wanted to go to Wendy's for something, I got a little confused and must have put Denny's in the Sat Nav as thats where we ended up but all were happy (I didn't realise this wasn't where we should be until we were in there).

Again - me being me I can't remember what I had but it was probably something quite light.

This is where the rudeness comes in.

Our waitress was lovely (as most are) and looked after us. BUT - when she was taking Steve's order he said what he wanted and because of his accent and the fact he didn't try and take into account that the lady might appreciate him making the effort to be clear she didnt quite understand and asked 'I'm sorry honey, can you repeat that' - to which he just grunted and said it louder in a very rude sarcastic way in a 'How dare you make me repeat myself' way. This is where the flashbacks started to return as he used to be like this years ago when we were in our late teens/early 20's (absolutely no social skills). Sarah didn't bat an eye lid and myself and Lindsay just looked at each other in shock (you had to be there to realise just how rude it was). I genuinely believe he doesn't know he does this but I remember years ago multiple times saying to him (as you do when you are a younger man) not to speak to people like that in front of me because I don't think there is any need to be rude. I guess some people never learn. The waitress was lovely and didn't bat an eyelid (not sure how she couldn't notice that though, she clearly just can shrug it off).

Continuing with the meal - Steve was again doing his usual shameless thing of belching without a care for anyone around him (or us - I don't want to be tarred with the 'public shameless belcher' brush). It was at this point that Lindsay said quite loudly when he again Belched '47'. I looked at her puzzled to which she replied - I am just keeping count. Even Emily (8 at the time) had said a few times 'Steve, stop it thats disgusting'. Did Steve even pick up on the that - no, totally clueless.

So it came to bill time, so as usual I have to work out what we owe and what they owe (funnily, the 2 of them always made up most of the bill than the 3 of us). This is where its starting to really get on my nerves because the recurring theme at table service is me working out what they owe and them then checking and then looking at each other as if I am trying to rip them off. These are the type of people who would not tip at all so one of the thing I made darn sure of is there was a tip left, and a darn good one.

So we made our way to Seaworld.

I should have mentioned it on the 'Fake Birthday' day but throughout all I got from Sarah was, 'We should all have fake birthdays' - err. look here love, I planned this and got a T-shirt printed - do one! It continued to other things though...

Now Lindsay and Emily have collected the squished penny things throughout our previous holidays (going back years) and continued to do so here having a collection from previous trips. Now Sarah, not wanting to be out done started to make a big deal of this too as she too had to collect them all - and not only that, use the stupid childs voice every time she spotted a penny machine 'oowwww Stweeeve - awother pwennny machine'. She also throughout the holiday made out like she was 'Billy Big Splash' because she was clearly going out of her way to get more than Lindsay or Emily - thing is they didn't care because they just wanted to get some ones that the didn't already have from previous trips.

Don't get me wrong - Sarah can be really lovely at times and you can have a good chat with her but is one of those people you know can go either way and be a right b... when she wants to be. Still we are getting on OK at this point (I think she realised that she didn't want to cut her nose off to spite her face).

Continuing the theme of the holiday - Steve needs to spend more time telling his face that he is having a good time.

So took a few pics when milling around.

In previous trips, as we were on our own Lindsay didn't really go on any scary rides because Emily wouldn't and Lindsay didn't want to go on her own.

This was Lindsay's first opportunity to go on a ride and as we were passing Manta it would be rude not to go on.

She loved it. I first went on Manta on our first trip and although it was great, I don't really think its 'that' much of a thrill ride but nice all the same. She was really proud of herself going on it and said it wasn't that scary which meant she was happier to go on some of the other rides in the holiday

So we milled around, went to have a look at the Stingrays and birds that mill around.

We also went and had a look at the Dolphins too.

Later on we caught most of the Dolphin show too (just about got in there just after it had started).

Eventually we made our way back home - probably stopping off for more food on the way (I can't remember but we must have eaten at some point - this years trip report will be better food wise, promise).

continued...
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
So we got back to the villa - still in fairly high spirits (probably because we had a fridge load of my favourite beer and was intending to spend the remainder of the evening relaxing by the pool).

Lindsay was quite happy with the location of the villa we had chosen

And after spending time hoovering it as it looked like it had seen no use in a while, the Pool Table was ready for use too.

Pool Fun

Now - the theme of 'us being their maids' continued as not one during the whole holiday if we were all by the pool did they get off their lazy backsides to get us a drink, or even offer at any point whereas it was like full poolside service for them.

I think this is the night that Steve had a few beers in him so was a bit drunk. When we were inside the villa, he spent most of the time downloading stuff on his laptop and generally not trying to make an effort. In a drunken state when Sarah had gone off for a lie down he started with the 'I think she will eventually leave me, she is too good for me' kindof melancholy musings of a drunken idiot. Now thinking back - I should have said 'well, if she leaves you now, and you leave her now - does that mean that you will both leave us?' - hindsight eh

Not sure what time we all got to bed that night but quite a few beers were consumed by all so it was probably a late one - I do remember Emily had gone to bed a looooong time before we did.

Tomorrows plan ... Universal.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day
Old 20 May 13, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Love your self control, I would have left Brangelina by the side of the road somewhere (far away) by now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by izzywoo View Post
Love your self control, I would have left Brangelina by the side of the road somewhere (far away) by now.
Yes me too! In a galaxy far far away...
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by izzywoo View Post
I'm beginning to think Lindsay must have brought along some of the Tramadol I was prescribed earlier in the year for my back and been crushing them into my water

I am not normally the calm one but guess just being in Florida has a really calming influence on me. No wonder Lindsay loves us going there - she gets a holiday from the real Dave
Old 20 May 13, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

Great villa location. Good day apart from the inconsiderate friends. Thanks for sharing your holiday with us all!
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

You are so patient!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 13, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
You are so patient!
That's what I don't understand. I am really impatient so god knows how they survived
Old 20 May 13, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

So I assume you are going away with them again this time?
Looks like we are there at the same time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List