Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 May 13, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our August 2012 Trip with Brangelina - Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon & Chilling

Day 8 was upon us - and so far Brangelina had not been murdered (although whilst I have been writing this report I don't know how).

The plan for this day was to go to a Disney Water Park as we had never been to a Disney one - Typhoon Lagoon was picked (Blizzard Beach was supposed to be later in the holiday but never happened - but will this year).

So after the customary not so early start, we got in the automobile and made our way, about mid morning ish I recall.

Now - apologies because there are not many pictures of today's activities as I didn't take my camera to the water park - just my phone, but I did manage to get this one.

I also remember getting one of Lindsay and Emily with Stitch but can't seem to find that one.

So off we went into the park - and had a jolly good time first down by the big wave pool. Good job I have been swimming a lot of late because I spend loads of time in the deep bit waiting for the big wave to come Really enjoyed it though. Lindsay and Emily stayed relatively shallow whilst Brangelina stayed together and didn't venture to the bit where you would have to expend some effort staying afloat.

After a while Lindsay and Emily wanted to go in the Lazy River so we all did - I am hoping the one at Blizzard Beach is as good as this as really enjoyed how big it is. Myself and Brangelina decided we wanted to go and do some of the slides so off we popped and made our way around the park doing various tube slide things whilst Lindsay and Emily stayed in the lazy river (they didn't want to do the other slides and Lindsay was happy to be away from Brangelina).

Eventually I we made our way back as the weather was looking to turn and as we got in the Lazy River I thought it a good idea to go against the flow so that I could find Lindsay and Emily. My god its harder than it seems - 1. because you have loads of people coming at you, and 2. because you find out how the river is flowing when you walk towards the jets

After about 15 minutes I decided that it wouldn't be long before they would be round so sat down near one of the entrances - one of the lifeguards shouted over to me asking if I was OK, so shouted back I was waiting for someone. He said back it can take a long time to come around so I explained I had already walked a lot. About a minute later I spotted them so made my way towards them - just as it started to rain. Guess what - then comes the announcement that everyone needed to get out because of a thunderstorm. To be fair it then really started chucking it down - somehow making me wetter than I was when emerged in the water (work that one out). We had been in the park a fair while now so when we found Brangelina we made our way out of the park - obviously first via the changing rooms to get dried off and clothed again (by which time the rain had stopped).

We then made our way to Downtown Disney for a bit for a mooch about and after a short while went back to the villa.

I recall Lindsay was particularly fed up with Brangelina - in fact I am not sure she said a single word to them all day at this point. When we got back I suggested I would take my camera and a beer to the pontoon as I could get some different photos as the weather was rainy and such so Lindsay quickly said she would come too. Emily was happily just playing on her DS and we told her to come out to us if she wanted to (she stayed in). We weren't out there that long, but it was really nice just the two of us just sitting there with the rain coming down with a cold beer each.

At this point in the trip there had been no subsidence in the belching and grunting (in case you were wondering - lets just say from now on feel free to presume).

We had planned an early start for the next day to go to Animal Kingdom - well early ish as we all agreed we would be out of the door before 9am... wondering if we managed it aren't you
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 13, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh no - things really didn't improve
Old 23 May 13, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Aww really feel for you and Lindsay
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 13, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

I thought you might have dumped them by now...
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
You'll love Day 9 - I shall make it as amusing as possible.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 13, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Can't wait for tomorrow's please please please post a pick of the lovely couple on the last day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 13, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I hope you are going to release Day 9 tonight! I am really enjoying this!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 13, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
I might do a 'Hidden Brangelina' at the end. The last post in the series will be a holiday review, including a bits I've not mentioned. Kind of like Trip Report Extra
Old 23 May 13, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
I hope you are going to release Day 9 tonight! I am really enjoying this!
I'm going to save that till tomorrow - I'll make it good though
Old 23 May 13, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by FloridaDave View Post
I'm going to save that till tomorrow - I'll make it good though
Noooooooooo you can't do this the suspense is killing me!
Firstxmastrip is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List