Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 May 13, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our August 2012 Trip with Brangelina - Day 10 - Mustang, Epcot & Wishes Dessert Party

So the day I had been waiting for (definitely more and more as the days went on) - we were going to be getting the 2nd car that we had hired which meant freedom from Brangelina.

I had booked the pick up from Dollar on the 192 for 10am and had made it very clear that I wanted us to be there at 10am to pick it up so as to not waste any of the day.

Brangelina being Brangelina didn't quite surface on time. Because we all had to go with our driving licences so we could all drive it we had to wait for them but it wasn't too bad - although it literally was they surfaced and we had to go to pick the car up (we had some breakfast because we bothered to get up in time to do this).

So, off we go to get the Mustang - with me driving the 7 seater because I knew where I was going. Now, Sarah had said a few times she was excited about going to pick up 'HER' Mustang. So we get there, sign the paperwork and they bring round our nice white Mustang. I was expecting her to say she was going to drive it back but I had made it very clear that I was going to be driving it and she seemed quite happy about that. So instead of us doing what would have made sense which is to then go about our day we ended up going back to the villa, which was only a few minutes away anyway.

When we were driving back with the roof off we discussed what we were going to do this day. We had the Wishes Dessert Party booked for that evening for all of us (I still hadn't been paid by Brangelina for this at this point) so we were going to be spending the evening in 'The Magical Kingdom'. We hadn't been to Hollywood Stuidios yet and Brangelina were wanting to go, so we decided we would spend the day in Epcot and let Brangelina go off the HS.

After getting back to the Villa Sarah asked what we were going to do this day - so I turned it back on her asking what they wanted to do. She said 'we'll do whatever you are doing' again (at which point I think Lindsay was going to commit murder) so I said I thought you wanted to go to Hollywood Studios.

'We are going to Epcot' I said - at which point Steve said 'We will go there too' (for gods sake!). So I said - thats fine, you can take the Mustang and we will take the 7 seater. Now Steve then says 'whats the point in taking both cars if we are going to the same place'. Now normally that would make a little sense but I said back 'whats the point in hiring a 2nd car, especially a Mustang and then leave it on the driveway ... you take the Mustang, we will take the Dodge and we will meet back here this afternoon about 5pm before making our way to MK for the Dessert Party as we need to go to that together'.

So, because they didn't have a Sat Nav (well, one on their phones) they said they would follow us to Epcot (sigh, as I was thinking we would actually go somewhere else to avoid them completely). So after showing Sarah how to take down and put back the roof and waiting for Sarah to drive round the block in the Mustang to get used to it we left Sunset Lakes and made our way to Epcot.

When we got there they again were tagging along with us (double sigh).

(This is Mr Bear - you have probably seen him on several pictures so far).

At this point though tact wasn't working so I said to them they can go off and explore now - we knew what we were going to do (we wanted to visit Boardwalk) and kept that to ourselves. So finally taking a hint they sodded off and left us.

As we were there, it would have been rude not to ride Spaceship Earth for the zillionth time.

I needed a fix of Fanta Kolita in Ice Station Cool, so we headed over that way (as it was towards Boardwalk anyway), having a mooch on the way.

Think I drank too much Fanta Kolita as I started to feel a bit funny but we continued onwards, taking a few pictures on the way (probably the sugar, I usually stick to diet drinks).

First stop - Beaches and Cream. I am not daft and wouldn't attempt the Kitchen Sink anyway but the way here was about an hour to sit down to eat, so we decided we would just get a Milkshake for me and an Ice Cream from the take out for Emily (Lindsay didn't want anything).

Once we had finished we continued around towards the Boardwalk

Continued ...
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
So we arrived round at Boardwalk.

So - Lindsay was quite hungry at this point so we decided to go and eat at ESPN.

Now.. after nipping to the rest rooms (which have TV's in them) I noticed that Brangelina were also in there (oh god). I had to pass them but luckily they were already seated and eating so there was no chance of them invading our table which luckily was the other side of the room. So I just said 'Fancy seeing you in here' and went back to Lindsay to break the bad news. I did think of telling our server to warn the server looking after them to not bother being nice because they were unlikely to leave a decent tip but thought better of it.

So after we had finished there, we made our way back towards Epcot for a quick mooch about World Showcase and to make our way over to ride Soarin, which we did (which didnt take that long really). We then made our way across to where Captain EO was. That made me laugh because it was so cheesy - Lindsay and Emily loved it though and we found it hilarious when people were shouting 'We love you Michael' at the end. In fact - this is a theme with Americans and Michael Jackson as when we were in Hard Rock Cafe on a previous visit they were playing the Thriller video and there were a few shouts of that as well as loads of people applauding when it finished (I felt like shouting 'Its a video - its not live').

It was getting on by now so we thought it best to make our way back to the villa ready to meet up with Brangelina again. On our way out we decided to ride Spaceship Earth again as it was walk on and we like how well air conditioned it is in there.

When we got back to the car we noticed the Mustang had already left - so damn, they were probably already back at the villa.

As we were nearing the villa we noticed them a couple of cars ahead in the Mustang.

I decided to take a couple of pics again round the lake - this being one Trespassers!

Evenutally we were on our way to MK - and we took the Mustang this time so Lindsay could have a drive.

I was encouraging Lindsay to floor it a few times - she was a bit scared to do this but seemed to enjoy the sound when she did.

We got the boat from the car park to the entrance.

(Hidden Brangelina in this photo)

Continued ...
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
is it the guy with the ponytail (just his head) with back to you?

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
I really do love the zoom on my Camera (these two taken from the same spot).

We had a bit of time to kill before we could go to Tomorrowland Terrace for the Dessert Party so we had a mill around and rode the Stitch Great Escape ride which was fun.

We then decided we would do Monsters Inc. Laughter Floor. We were in the queue and it was almost time to go in when Emily announced she was desperate for the toilet - and there are none in there. So we had no choice but to wait until they opened the doors and just find our way out leaving Brangelina in there to see the show (we had seen before).

When we were waiting for them to be let out, I said to Lindsay that I could 'Guarantee' that they will come out and say that one or both of them had been picked to be put on the big screen for something or other. Steve used to always come out with stories like this when he was younger and I pretty much expected it.

Guess what - they come out and, you guessed it. Stweeve was apparently put on the big screen as he was going to be buying everyone Churros. Lindsay at this point nearly wet herself at my prediction.

So - we made our way to Tomorrowland Terrace to get into the Dessert Party.

This was our spot.

Even though I have a really sweet tooth - the main reason for booking this was so I could have a good spot to watch the show and take some photos. Its not the best spot for the Electric Parade - but I managed to use the camera's zoom and take a few photos.

I did get some Desserts - they were nice but a little sickly.

It was at this point I said to them that I was going to stay at the barrier to take my photos and did say to Lindsay and Sarah thats where I was going to be and to come over if they want a better view.

Continued ...
Old 26 May 13, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Big Finish

When the show was over we decided to sit there for a little bit as everyone would be leaving the park and it can be a nightmare (we have never stayed till the end before). There was a very uncomfortable silence and Sarah had a biggest 'face like a slapped a***' I have seen from her. She did give me some money for their entrance to it and asked in a not very nice way if that was enough - it was a few $ down on what it should have been based on what I had told them when I booked but wasn't bothered.

Eventually we make our way out - Sarah stomping ahead of us (first time I have seen her move at speed since Busch Gardens tram).

We gets outside - what a nightmare, the queue for the Boats and Monorail was massive so we decided to wait for the Monorail and joined the queue. Sarah started pushing ahead of a few people in the queue - Steve looked across to me with a 'I havent a clue what her problem is face on him' and I think she beaconed him forward to join her.

It was at this point Lindsay told me that she had sat there from just before Wishes started and burst out in tears - I did say to Lindsay she should have just left her there and come up to the barrier but she didn't feel right. I was wondering if it was because I had gone to the barrier as there was no actual explanation for it.

So they force their way onto the Monorail before us so were on the one before. By the time we got on and back to the Car Park we saw there were bit queues for the transport to the car park areas so decided we would walk it because it would only take 5 minutes or so. We did see Brangelina in the queue waiting (another reason to walk).

So we gets back to our car and decided to wait there for them to get back to the other car so that they could follow us back in case they get lost - we were waiting there ages but it was nice with the roof down. Eventually they got back and we made our way back to the Villa - further discussing what the problem was with Sarah and and if we should give a rats anyway. They wanted to stop off at Chick-fil-a on the way back so we headed that way but when we got there they were closed so we just made our way back to the villa and that was it for another eventful day.
Old 26 May 13, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
is it the guy with the ponytail (just his head) with back to you?
Might be
Old 26 May 13, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another good day It's a shame about the dessert party though-did you manage to find out what was wrong with her?
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Serenlas
slightly serious Dibber

I feel really bad for enjoying your trip report so much when you had such a stressful time! Fab photos though, and I see you're going back soon so hopefully that will make up for your infuriating experience last year I don't know how you didn't bang their heads together at times! How many more installments are there - I'm looking forward to reading them
Santa Fe March 2011 ~ Hotel New York Nov/Dec 2012 ~ OKW & villa Feb 2014 ~ Sequoia Lodge March/April 2015 ~ DLP annual pass trip #1 - Adagio May 2016

Blinking In The Starlight trip report Feb 2014
Serenlas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 13, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by KellyWellyWoo View Post
Another good day It's a shame about the dessert party though-did you manage to find out what was wrong with her?
Not really - although when we got back and when I was pointing out all the infuriating things they did and didn't do on the trip I was told it was 'lady problems', although think thats just an excuse. She is just a mardy cow.
Old 26 May 13, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by Serenlas View Post
How many more installments are there - I'm looking forward to reading them
I am still trying to work out what we did on the remaining days - the photos are helping piece things together though.

We are up to 23rd August here - we flew back 31st.